what !! no new contracts

starofdavid

2 hours ago, LondonderryAir said:

Goldson effectively held the club to ransom. We buckled and paid it.

Hopefully, we show some restraint when it comes to the imposters Kent and Morelos. When they both realise they are Hull City and Blackburn Rovers quality, they are both in for a shock.

Morelos isn’t that bad. He’s brilliant when he’s on form and focused. Just happens to be miles off it for long periods each season. 

Reportedly Goldson had a clause in his original contract that if he extended the contract during it's original duration we would have had to pay Brighton £1m. I don't know if that's true but it might be that either or both Alfie and Kent have similar clauses in their present contracts as well . However Alfie may have extended his since he originally signed. 

2 hours ago, onefootwillie said:

Reportedly Goldson had a clause in his original contract that if he extended the contract during it's original duration we would have had to pay Brighton £1m. I don't know if that's true but it might be that either or both Alfie and Kent have similar clauses in their present contracts as well . However Alfie may have extended his since he originally signed. 

Morelos has had about 5 new contracts i think 

2 hours ago, onefootwillie said:

:lol:

On 08/09/2022 at 14:08, starofdavid said:

IMO ,Kent and Morelos will run down their contract,would have signed by now if staying,so they leave in may,pre contract with another club in jan,no revenue from them,also Jack,Hellander,Arfield,Davis,Mc Gregor  Mc Crorie Wright etc are all out of contract

could next season rebuild be more difficult than 2013

Keep McCrorie to fight it out with a new keeper. 
Otherwise a rebuild. 
Atrocious planning. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Blue Viking said:

Kent and Morelos - absolute out of order and should never have happened at our club.

No contracts signed and ready to go in Jan- and here we are fuck all money coming in for 2 players who we valued at a huge price !!!

Boy ! have we fucked up good on this one.

How would you have made them sign an extension?

if they won’t, how would you make them leave a) in the absence of offers b) if they didn’t fancy signing for the clubs making offers??

the power rests with players nowadays and has done for a while

We’ve picked up mcgregor, McLaughlin, balogun, Lundstram, Jack, Davis, arfield, sakala, Defoe, Lawrence and Souttar on frees and Aribo, Bassey and Kamara for under £600k

kamara and goldson both entered the final year of their contract and then subsequently signed and I believe one or both of Kent and Alfredo will to but even if they don’t I genuinely can’t recall anyone of decent value who’s left for free when we wanted to keep them?

we’ve won way more than we’ve lost in the out of contract market 

6 hours ago, Blue Viking said:

Kent and Morelos - absolute out of order and should never have happened at our club.

No contracts signed and ready to go in Jan- and here we are fuck all money coming in for 2 players who we valued at a huge price !!!

Boy ! have we fucked up good on this one.

Stop slavering. Until you know for defo 

jeez

1 hour ago, Johnnyem said:

Alfredo and Kent should be playing every chance we get..... for two possible reasons.

either

1. To encourage them to sign extensions to their contract.

or

2, To put them in the shop window in order to get some sort of a fee for them in January.

3. To help win matches

Hells fire 

I actually can’t fault them too much for it. Nobody was buying Morelos this summer because he was injured. So the last real opportunity was January, when he had 18 months left. If we’d done that then we’d basically be sacrificing the league. In between a rock and a hard place.

Kent has had a bit of interest rumoured from Leeds over the years but don’t think anybody has actually offered for him, have they? If a player doesn’t want to sign a contract then you can’t force them to