FM23

Straight-Edge-Loyal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just bought this today and hooked already , first time playing it in around 5 years due to not having a laptop . Still trying to get to grips with the ps5 navigation , only thing that’s been bugging me is can’t buy fitness staff . My players are absolutely fucked 

On 18/02/2023 at 23:56, ShaneRalfRoss said:

Tried selling Morelos no chill wanted him .

I got rid on a loan to buy to Leeds. Got Muriel in on a free at 32 I think. Shit hot in the league, takes the utter piss like prime Messi, dinking balls over goalies from all angles 😂

Finished my 7th season.

Won the Champions League in my 6th and lost the final in my 7th.

Have won 6 trebles in a row. Won the league last season with 109 points and a GD of 113, 20 points ahead of celtic. Basically have 2 starting 11's that I rotate and play the 2nd one in domestic cups and in the lead-up to any CL games. The odds of me winning the league this season are 1-20 :lol:

My central midfield is Bellingham and Valverde (Signed Bellingham for £81m this season and Valverde on loan) and spending about £160-200m a season. I've been signing a lot of youngsters, sending them out on loan then selling the ones I don't want for a big profit to fund it.

Pretty sure this is my most successful FM save ever and am pretty bored with what to do next. Pretty much half the game is now arguing with players who are angry I rejected a bid from the likes of Madrid for them.

image.thumb.png.fae9e8af2d67c8a3da108894c86d9771.png

5 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Finished my 7th season.

Won the Champions League in my 6th and lost the final in my 7th.

Have won 6 trebles in a row. Won the league last season with 109 points and a GD of 113, 20 points ahead of celtic. Basically have 2 starting 11's that I rotate and play the 2nd one in domestic cups and in the lead-up to any CL games. The odds of me winning the league this season are 1-20 :lol:

My central midfield is Bellingham and Valverde (Signed Bellingham for £81m this season and Valverde on loan) and spending about £160-200m a season. I've been signing a lot of youngsters, sending them out on loan then selling the ones I don't want for a big profit to fund it.

Pretty sure this is my most successful FM save ever and am pretty bored with what to do next. Pretty much half the game is now arguing with players who are angry I rejected a bid from the likes of Madrid for them.

image.thumb.png.fae9e8af2d67c8a3da108894c86d9771.png

I got Marcos Leonardo too, although still very early in his career. Need to bring that save over as I backed it up and wiped my computer, havent done it yet!

I had one 9 years in and was completely domestically unbeaten in that time and won the Europa league twice including my second season after dropping out of the champions league and then the champions league twice as well as 2 final defeats.

I ended up signing Mbappe at 31 on a free and getting Halaand to partner him. I got bored just sweeping everything and eventually stopped that game trying a few lower league games before coming to us to start a new game with Raskin and Cantwell in my team.  Raskin is great and Cantwell was the best player in the league.

Neither start now I got Alverez from Man City on loan and De Ketelare from AC as well as Vitinha from PSG on loan to start the push for European glory. 

On 26/03/2023 at 13:46, aird said:

Good to see we're back to the FMs where celtic spend loads of money without actually selling anyone :belm:

Capture.PNG

Cunts sign a centre half on a free at start of my first save and he was worth £15M in value right off the bat. Considered employing it as a tactic myself.

20 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

Cunts sign a centre half on a free at start of my first save and he was worth £15M in value right off the bat. Considered employing it as a tactic myself.

It's so useful for making huge money sign everyone who is out of contract with a decent value and punt them on.

On 24/03/2023 at 13:39, RFC55 said:

Anybody got this on the ps5?

im going to get it but don’t know whether I’ll get it on ps or laptop 

I've got it on the PS5 it's decent enough...I'm on my 4th season and needed to rebuild after 5 players including Tav, Lundstrum and Goldson all left the Club. But picked up a big German centre half who is solid from Leverkusen. 

I also had to replace Tillman as he wanted to join Athletico Madrid for 15.5 million. Picked up a Free 24 year old Brazilian from Real Madrid who is now worth £22m. 

20230402_140700.jpg

IMG-20230402-WA0003.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Bought this last week on the ps5, enjoying it so far.

What tactics do you guys use? Trying a 4-2-4 geggenpress, like to keep my wingers high up the park and close to the touchline. 

Results are a really mixed bag atm 🤣

I'm 5 2 2 1 using the wing backs. Stay Positive unless away to the tramps and try balanced.

Yilmaz is more than decent and I bought Max Aaron's from Norwich (@Straight-Edge-Loyal recommended) as my RWB. Play Kent LW and Tillman/Hagi RW or bring them in just behind Buff or Colak. Both  strikers score consistently. And Kent and Tillman get double figures in goals and assists over a season.

Davies Souttar and Goldson were my original back 3 then started to use King more and picked up Rob Holding on a free from Arsenal.

Wishing you well mate, It does get annoying how much money the taigs seem to spend. But go looking for decent free transfers and you have to spend what the Board will give you on potential superstars which ain't easy to find. 

Recommended Popa and Cooper as your keepers. Cooper I got from Millwall I think...he is tremendous at saving penalties and Popa is just a very solid keeper....