FM23

Straight-Edge-Loyal

On 11/09/2022 at 15:28, Albertz#11 said:

Is there much difference from the pc to PlayStation/Xbox version? I have played mobile fm it’s not great thinking it would be same as pc. 

now stuck in two minds to get it for the laptop or the ps5! 

Pretty sure it's the FM Touch version that's on console.

• 3 weeks later...

New features are really underwhelming, I mean the manager timeline is an absolute joke of a headline feature.

When you look at a game like F1 manager that looks stunning, FM still looks really dated in the match engine. Even things like the friggin burger stand are still going to be in this version.

I like playing the lower leagues as a challenge and have the license mod anyway so the uefa licensing makes little difference to me.

Had pre-ordered it but I think I may just scrub it and stick with 22

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

Went Bonyrigg Rose for a challenge.

Does the Lowland teams get promoted into the bottom tier of the second division or not?

Do you mean League 2?

When the season generates to its end the bottom team in League 2 will play its playoff against a Lowland/Highland league team as per real life

30 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Probably my second favourite behind 0102. 

Switch between those every few year 😆 

The new one would prob fry my nut with the detail

The detail has destroyed it for me tbh mate I loved the simplicity of champ manager and also the early FMs 

4 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Can someone help me here what was the Manager game with Sir Bobby Robson on the front? Fucking loved that game not sure it was FM but another managing game.

And i bought the XBOX game pass and playing it through that £1 per month.

There was two he’s been on, one was fifa manager the other was one I was talking about just the other week was football world manager by Ubisoft I think it was called 

Just now, RFC55 said:

There was two he’s been on, one was fifa manager the other was one I was talking about just the other week was football world manager by Ubisoft I think it was called 

Great game.

The older versions where fucking great.

The new FM is no where near as good or fun. The Interviews are the same fucking shite and annoying as fuck. And the players are moany fucking bastards in the newer versions. 

5 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Great game.

The older versions where fucking great.

The new FM is no where near as good or fun. The Interviews are the same fucking shite and annoying as fuck. And the players are moany fucking bastards in the newer versions. 

Just pass everything you don't want to do onto your assistant.

It's pretty easy tbh

4 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Just pass everything you don't want to do onto your assistant.

It's pretty easy tbh

Exactly.

Go to staff, and responsibilities then set absolutely fucking everything to your staff to do except for signing players and giving contracts and picking the team.

Can even put on a skin that lets you simulate the match, so that you can fire through a season in a few hours if you like.

I love FM, but it's all just about player trading. 

I would consider it a massive failure if I did not win the league in my second season with a Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen in Scotland, and then continue that till I got the Rangers job and then win every league from them on in.

Having £100m in the bank with a small club is totally reasonable.

Once you have the basic technique learned, the Scottish League is actually too easy.

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

First team meeting I demanded we win the league and a whole bunch of players Roofe, Lowry, Jack, Wright, Helander, McCrorie, McLaughlin all were angry or upset.

Demoted them all to the B team and instructed Wilson to sell the lot of them. They all had a massive wine when I left them out the training camp squad too. Ryan Jack came to me moaning he was looking forward to going away with the lads :lol: 

When I get the game I'm intending on selling a good 60-70% of the first team. Consequences be damned. :lol:

1 minute ago, AGM_72 said:

When I get the game I'm intending on selling a good 60-70% of the first team. Consequences be damned. :lol:

It's quite realistic, I have 10 first teamers out injured including Goldson, Kent and Lundstram.

I burst out laughing because in my suggestions it said Yilmaz should be sent on an intensive English language course, as well as Alfredo :lol: 

Managing in Singapore just now at a development club called Young Lions and I ‘went’ to a game for trialists after mistakenly clicking attend

Simulated it rapid and then I come back to a message in the inbox with the headline:

‘Essandoh spotted at Singapore Sports Secondary School’

Saying I was on the look out for young talent :lol: :lol: :lol: 

4 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Probably my second favourite behind 0102. 

Switch between those every few year 😆 

The new one would prob fry my nut with the detail

Just downloaded CM 93/94 to have a blast through. :lol: All I remember is playing a demo of it when I was about 8 and being absolutely shite at it.