FM23

Straight-Edge-Loyal

14 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

Currently in league one with Leith Athletic having got successive promotions from the East of Scotland leagues all the way up. Hit a bit of a plateau in terms of signings because I have a strict wage budget and whilst my players are good, currently 4 league wins and 1 draw to start league one, after an indifferent pre season and getting knocked out prem cup, I can't really get that decent standard of player that I would hope would be capable of Lower Prem, Scottish Championship quality. That said, the team I built in the lowland leagues had no difficulty with league 2, the standard there was poor. Lowland league was difficult due to the B teams and I nearly made an arse of it until Hearts collapse and Rangers failing to take advantage. That said, I was always going to get promoted because they cant but I wanted to go up as champs!

Signing wise I've been able to get guys from the Vanarama leagues. I signed two strikers I had on loan from Blackpool and Mansfield and one of them scored at Ibrox in previous season's Prem cup knockout stage. Most of my signings end up being freebies. I've consistently made money signing high prospect youths and released old firm players etc and selling on. I have a couple of random internationals, Sean Tarima who has been with me on the rise up for last 3 seasons, now a Zimbabwe internationalist. Signed a shit hot Crotian left back 19 year old who im hoping, if I get promoted, will sign permanently has he doesn't want to otherwise. Board won't budge on training facilities or stadium which is annoying and considering im using Meadowbank, the capacity is never more than 499. (the seated limit). Gonna keep plodding away and hopefully get some decent players on a free. I usually rip my team up part way through a season if better players become available in certain positions. 

I've got Stirling Albion in the champions league from league 2 and finished second both times to the filth they are ridiculous they signed Gravenberch and lashed 80 million twice on two strikers in back to back windows.

13 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I've got Stirling Albion in the champions league from league 2 and finished second both times to the filth they are ridiculous they signed Gravenberch and lashed 80 million twice on two strikers in back to back windows.

Aye celtic are romping the prem. Rangers have been finishing second but even just now (about 8 or 9 games in) I last checked and they were 4th. They have signed some utter guff but they do have a couple of decent players and a shit hot Uruguayan. celtic as you say seem to be signing multiple 8/9M players and papping them on for 30/40M rinse and repeat. Seems familiar 😒

I am hoping that if I do get promoted (just drew 2-2 away to Cove rangers with a stoppage time equaliser) then my wage budget and rep will go up. 2 points behind Cove Rangers atm. Attributes wise my squad is clearly the best but its trying to get them to play. I've moved on from my punt and rush football that I used to move up the lower leagues because my 3 strikers were clearly faster and stronger than the opposition :lol:   they aren't having it as easy in every game just now so hoping something will click soon

13 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Aye celtic are romping the prem. Rangers have been finishing second but even just now (about 8 or 9 games in) I last checked and they were 4th. They have signed some utter guff but they do have a couple of decent players and a shit hot Uruguayan. celtic as you say seem to be signing multiple 8/9M players and papping them on for 30/40M rinse and repeat. Seems familiar 😒

I am hoping that if I do get promoted (just drew 2-2 away to Cove rangers with a stoppage time equaliser) then my wage budget and rep will go up. 2 points behind Cove Rangers atm. Attributes wise my squad is clearly the best but its trying to get them to play. I've moved on from my punt and rush football that I used to move up the lower leagues because my 3 strikers were clearly faster and stronger than the opposition :lol:   they aren't having it as easy in every game just now so hoping something will click soon

I had a 523 with the strikers all being central 2 advanced forwards and one poacher and it worked a treat.

My board want my to play direct counter attacking football so I signed Neymar and used him last year and dropped the central striker to cam but it wasn't as effective results wise.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a decent run in this save which I'll probably carry over into FM24 for a while anyway.

Started off with Bournemouth taking them to 5th then couldn't follow up and finished 15th. Took Leeds job at the start of 24/25 and won the FA Cup/Europa League finishing 14th, then 7th, 5th and 1st - also losing CL final to PSG on pens in 27/28.   Had taken the Italy job in 2026 and played through Nations League and won the Euros on home soil.

Resigned both jobs on a high and moved to France job #1 in world rank but couldn't get a club job. Got offered RC Lens a few days before the window closed and chucked France after 1st international break of 28/29.  Based a 4321 tactic around what the board and fans expected and the main players best roles and it worked a treat, finishing 2nd in Ligue 1 just 12pts behind PSG.  Alfie Bavidge on loan from my old Leeds team hit 30 goals in Ligue1/Europa League but I can't afford to buy him outright yet.