The other mob

MisterC

6 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Breeze block Boulevard. No expense spent. Many years ago when the Super Piggery was under construction I was informed by a work aquaintance working for the architects that Fergus McBunnet ordered every corner that could be cut, should be cut to keep build costs to the minimum. Allegedly the Piggery was given a build life, a guarantee of sorts, of only 75 years before major refurbishment and increasing maintenance costs would become unavoidable. 

The above is of course hearsay, but having been in the dump on a number of occasions, and of course the well publicized design flaw that led to overcrowding and potential crushing, and given that The Bunnet was in it strictly to make a dime, then I am confident that some of the allegations made by my old colleague had more than a whiff of truth about them.

Given that the Piggery has already had a refurbishment courtesy of Glasgow City Council, I suppose that the Piggery Board are not too worried about the prospect of any future building maintenance costs, as their pals in George Square will come to the rescue with Council Tax payers cash.

I had a made who worked for the company doing the sparky work .He said it was the cheapest of cheap stuff being used .As for the 75 year thing .Not so sure what that would be linked to .Even at the time it was mentioned that The Bunnet wanted as big a stadium as possible for as little cost .Stories going round that 10years was the aim .Now I know it’s been up for close to 30 but every now and again there are things come out that their maintenance costs are very high .Mainly due to just keeping the place going beyond its intended lifespan .

11 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

😂😂😂fuck aff ya bawbag

wow such abuse when quoted by your own quote

as i said you're just spreading what all the mhanks are saying because it shows them up as idiots

but you carry on doing the mhanky ones work for them and keep spreading the lie

night night

6 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I had a made who worked for the company doing the sparky work .He said it was the cheapest of cheap stuff being used .As for the 75 year thing .Not so sure what that would be linked to .Even at the time it was mentioned that The Bunnet wanted as big a stadium as possible for as little cost .Stories going round that 10years was the aim .Now I know it’s been up for close to 30 but every now and again there are things come out that their maintenance costs are very high .Mainly due to just keeping the place going beyond its intended lifespan .

i think you're getting mixed up as the time being quoted around the pubs etc was 25yrs

there is no way a stadium like that would get a 75 yr guarantee

edit:not you but the guy you quoted

1 minute ago, Rowley Birkin said:

wow such abuse when quoted by your own quote

as i said you're just spreading what all the mhanks are saying because it shows them up as idiots

but you carry on doing the mhanky ones work for them and keep spreading the lie

night night

Aye ok declan gnight 

6 hours ago, Rowley Birkin said:

think you're getting mixed up as the time being quoted around the pubs etc was 25yrs

there is no way a stadium like that would get a 75 yr guarantee

Nope, 75 years before major rebuild required is what I was told basically by the guys that designed and built it. When you think about it, it is not a long time for a major building that is supposed to be permanent, to be there for as long as it it needed.

Obviously there is absolutely no way that The Piggery stands up in any way in comparison to Ibrox, however when you see the Bll Struth Main Stand still as solid and beautiful as the day it was built over 100 years ago now, and barring any unforeseen disaster, will still be the same in another 100 years, then the maximum 75 year span is not that long. The other 3 stands built late 70's, early 80's were also built to last, designed to compliment the Main Stand. Of course after 40 odd years we all know that the concourses, toilets etc need to be brought up to modern standards asap, with a few cosmetic issues as well, however the stands themselves to the best of my knowledge are sound, despite the fantasy accusations that come from the pond life. Given the fact that Rangers are proposing to spend a lot of money upgrading the disabled facilities and hopefully a significant capacity increase is testament IMHO to the expected longevity of our stadium.

The same obviously cannot be said for the breeze block and meccano bowl across the City with its dodgy main stand roof and cheapest of cheap build quality.

2 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Nope, 75 years before major rebuild required is what I was told basically by the guys that designed and built it. When you think about it, it is not a long time for a major building that is supposed to be permanent, to be there for as long as it it needed.

Obviously there is absolutely no way that The Piggery stands up in any way in comparison to Ibrox, however when you see the Bll Struth Main Stand still as solid and beautiful as the day it was built over 100 years ago now, and barring any unforeseen disaster, will still be the same in another 100 years, then the maximum 75 year span is not that long. The other 3 stands built late 70's, early 80's were also built to last, designed to compliment the Main Stand. Of course after 40 odd years we all know that the concourses, toilets etc need to be brought up to modern standards asap, with a few cosmetic issues as well, however the stands themselves to the best of my knowledge are sound, despite the fantasy accusations that come from the pond life. Given the fact that Rangers are proposing to spend a lot of money upgrading the disabled facilities and hopefully a significant capacity increase is testament IMHO to the expected longevity of our stadium.

The same obviously cannot be said for the breeze block and meccano bowl across the City with its dodgy main stand roof and cheapest of cheap build quality.

yeah i was going to say such things about our stadium but then and money pride and expertise was put into it 

i just mentioned the 25yr rumour as that was what was doing the rounds at the time but if you say  you where told 75 yrs then who am i to argue although i could counter it as the unwashed saying 75 yrs to kid themselves on it would be on a par with ibrox

Imagine winning all those trophies over the last 10 years and still being this insecure. Their victim complex is off the charts. 

They don't want equal decisions, they want all the decisions.