Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

22 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Mate I don't keep a notebook of every game of football I've watched like I'm sure your statto pal @Rangers_no1does.

But I've seen enough of them over the years under Dyche to know he didn't play expansive attacking attractive football at any point.

Not that we'd get him but Kompany would be a better shout.

Obsessed.

9 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

So when you said they played absolutely horrendous football in the championship when they had the best players in the league you had no idea and were lying to try and back up your point. Sound.

Last part is looooooool.

You are such an awkward little dweeb.

People watch football over a number of years and are left with an impression with how a team play, I've seen Burnley in the championship, probably mainly through the highlights shows.

is this an honest assessment of biesla

from a poster on FF

Bielsa wants to control every aspect of a football club including spending a fortune on stuff tailored exclusively to his need.

In return, you're expected to treat him like a demi God, never question his methods which included running his players into the ground and walk around him on eggshells in the hope he simply just doesn't up sticks and fúck off elsewhere if the mood suits him that day

30 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

is this an honest assessment of biesla

from a poster on FF

A manager having complete control of the club sounds exactly what we need. 

Bielsa was supposedly on about £8m a year at Leeds so wouldn’t spend too much time thinking about him. 

There isn’t a huge amount of obvious candidates out there 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Knutsen with Duncan Ferguson his no2?

Or Gattuso and a Kev Thomson type assistant?

Hunners of options.  Just get the imposter out the door ASAP.

Gattuso with Muscat as assistant imo

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

Gattuso with Muscat as assistant imo

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I want Gattuso last season but zero chance of him now he is at Valencia.

In Scotland you don’t need a DOF. I don’t care what new age fancy stats pish points to it being good you simply don’t need it. 

Them over the city didn’t even have a DOF when their manager came in and he made at least 4 extremely successful signings himself which ultimately won them the league because he had control of the club. 

We’re hamstrung by a cunt with no football knowledge who bases his player signings on statistics. He needs to go as well, or whoever comes in will be equally as fucked, although the football might no be pish

13 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

A manager having complete control of the club sounds exactly what we need. 

Bielsa was supposedly on about £8m a year at Leeds so wouldn’t spend too much time thinking about him. 

There isn’t a huge amount of obvious candidates out there 

Rebrov seems a good choice to me, though he’s probably on a decent chunk at the club he’s at in the UAE right now.

Seoane was my other ideal candidate, he’s without a club at the moment but like Bielsa, he was probably earning quite a lot while at Leverkusen.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I don't think big Dunc would want anything to do with working in an SFA league. Could be wrong, mind you.

Thomson and McCann should be assistants at the club no matter who comes in.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I don't think big Dunc would want anything to do with working in an SFA league. Could be wrong, mind you.

If you force assistants onto any incoming manager you're seriously limiting your options

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I've honestly barely given thought to a replacement. Haven't even been on this thread til 20 mins ago.

There's hundreds of options, fuck knows who'd be a good fit.  Fuck, I wanted Gio so I should probably just remove myself from the thread with no further comment 😂

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Big Dunc listened to what scumdee had to say not too long ago before turning it down as I understand it, he'd take the job if offered imo, probably have some sort historic ban in place from the SFA knowing they wankers though.

1 minute ago, superallysbears said:

Big Dunc listened to what scumdee had to say not too long ago before turning it down as I understand it, he'd take the job if offered imo, probably have some sort historic ban in place from the SFA knowing they wankers though.

I hope you are right. We need some Scottish, no-nonsense, passionate blood back in the team.