Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I only suggested Thomson and McCann as interim managers until we find someone during the WC break. At least they would steady the ship until we found the right guy.

Don't like that idea would be no better imo. Just need the new guy in this has been on cards for months. I'm being too positive probably but I'd like to think they have someone in mind. Shouldn't be doing interviews etc farcical.

Is there anything out there that suggests Dyche did actually play attacking football in the championship? 

Rangers_no1 is usually the guy for these kind of things on stats etc.

If there is I’d happily take him because that flexibility of being attacking and swarming teams domestically and being able to switch to a more pragmatic approach in Europe will work for us 

6 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

This is just one game and you obviously cant come to any sort of opinion based on that but think this shows he has far more about him than some of the snobs on here make out 

There’s absolutely no doubt he’s a top coach, to keep Burnley in that league for as long with the budget and squad he had. Can’t be a diddy and do that for so long. 

Thing about Rebrov that's impressive is that in both of his European clubs he's taken them from being well off the pace to winning two, in the case of Kyiv, and three, in the case of Ferencvaros, in a row.

Obv Shakhtar had been dominant in Ukraine, having won five in a row before Rebrov took the next two with Kyiv, and Videoton/Debrecen in Hungary had been dominant. Ferencvaros had only won one title of the previous 14 championships and then won it three in a row under Rebrov.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Dyche would be a great appointment. Not sure we could afford him? And would he want back to the EPL quick smart?

He's not seen as a sexy appointment and the way the EPL is going i'm not sure many teams would be looking for that type of manager? Could easily get something in the Championship, could be a realistic shout. My main worry is he had to focus heavily on defensive style due to Burnley not spending much money on players, we've had more defensive based managers in Gerrard and Gio tbh, would like a change, no reason why we can't be blitzing the diddy teams in the league that constantly sit with 10 men at the back.

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Dyche would be a great appointment. Not sure we could afford him? And would he want back to the EPL quick smart?

He's not getting a sniff at any half decent EPL jobs just now and apparently turned down Bournemouth because he wants to shrug off the tag of being a manager who keeps teams up on a small budget. 

Most names I'm seeing are exciting for different ways. It's a shame for gio as not many wanted gerrard gone we were champions top of the league no one wanted change so hard task(which he failed) to continue that.

His mind numbing interviews also didn't help.

13 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Thing about Rebrov that's impressive is that in both of his European clubs he's taken them from being well off the pace to winning two, in the case of Kyiv, and three, in the case of Ferencvaros, in a row.

Obv Shakhtar had been dominant in Ukraine, having won five in a row before Rebrov took the next two with Kyiv, and Videoton/Debrecen in Hungary had been dominant. Ferencvaros had only won one title of the previous 14 championships and then won it three in a row under Rebrov.

I'd bite your hand off for Rebrov. Such an impressive coach.