Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

3 minutes ago, NI said:

I have a feeling Gerrard will come back during the WC, at least till the end of the season.
We can't keep going like this, our team is sick.

Hes the one cunt thats never going to be near the club , would consider anybody else to get GVB out though.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

People need to fuck off with the Gerrard shouts.

There’s plenty of blame to go around as to why we have stood still since we won 55 and part of that is down to him too.

He was told there were no funds to strengthen the squad in summer 2021-22 because the board front loaded and backed him to win 55, but he wanted to keep the squad together and dug his heels in which meant no sales to potentially generate funds while players stock were high and then he blew the champions league qualifiers which also meant no funds to strengthen the squad.

He wanted his cake and to eat it too and we are partly seeing the outcome of that now.

Gerrard without Beale is a busted flush. And a cunt.

Knutsen would be my first choice.

Don't think Dyche is a good option. We need someone with experience of playing more attacking football who can unlock teams. I understand Dyche had to play the way he did due to budgets, but even when he got promoted he did so with one of the lowest scoring teams in years. 

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

People need to fuck off with the Gerrard shouts.

There’s plenty of blame to go around as to why we have stood still since we won 55 and part of that is down to him too.

He was told there were no funds to strengthen the squad in summer 2021-22 because the board front loaded and backed him to win 55, but he wanted to keep the squad together and dug his heels in which meant no sales to potentially generate funds while players stock were high and then he blew the champions league qualifiers which also meant no funds to strengthen the squad.

He wanted his cake and to eat it too and we are partly seeing the outcome of that now.

Where can you find that he was told this and when was he told this? It's the same as fans saying he refused to sell players and that clearly didn't happen as he regularly stated anyone wanting our players will have to come with lots of money as they wouldn't be sold cheaply. His interview after beating St Mirren he stated it was an exciting time to be a Rangers fan and he'd be building for more success so that certainly doesn't sound like he was told we wouldn't strengthen. 

His detractors will also state about his cup record being poor or not being able to beat a 10 man Malmo team however his remit would likely have been stop 10iar and we'd have had a far better chance of beating Malmo if we'd strengthened the playing squad giving the dressing room a lift especially with Champions League riches to go for.

1 minute ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

@Kylegib

Please just fucking shut up.

Thanks.

I'm only asking where you can find the information that's being posted regarding Gerrard being told there wouldn't be any funds available after winning the title or where the club said he refused to sell players. Do you not think that's pretty important considering where we were to where we find ourselves now as to me it looks very likely we've been completely mismanaged from top to bottom. 

11 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Knutsen would be my first choice.

Don't think Dyche is a good option. We need someone with experience of playing more attacking football who can unlock teams. I understand Dyche had to play the way he did due to budgets, but even when he got promoted he did so with one of the lowest scoring teams in years. 

I actually think Knutsen would be one of the favourites but imo the job would swallow him up.

4 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

I'm only asking where you can find the information that's being posted regarding Gerrard being told there wouldn't be any funds available after winning the title or where the club said he refused to sell players. Do you not think that's pretty important considering where we were to where we find ourselves now as to me it looks very likely we've been completely mismanaged from top to bottom. 

Just heading out for a pint with my best m8 who had an affair with my wife, he's a right laugh though so I'm all good with it. 

34 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

I would like Knutsen but knowing our board they'll either stick with GVB or hire Dyche.

I'd like Knutsen myself and what he's achieved at Bodo-Glimt is impressive. But I'd also take Dyche. 

Dyche comes across really well and did some job at Burnley. I think he would be out to prove he's not just a 442 defensive manager coming here.