Jimmy Millar

Rangers_no1

Even when you know it is inevitable .... whenever one of our favourites passes over ..... it still hurts.

Like many we have had .... Jimmy was one of a kind .... from solid half back to  prominent lethal striker he shone above many who have come and gone .... it was a pleasure to have witnessed his time at Ibrox.

Deepest sympathies to his surviving family and friends.

🇬🇧

On 21/10/2022 at 01:31, The Widow's Son said:

Greatest header of a ball I've ever seen.  Strong partnership with Ralph Brand.  Still remember an old song you don't hear these days:  "And the first one was scored by Millar, the second by Ralph Brand."  RIP

I never seen Millar play, but was taught the song (by older guys that had), when I was going to games on a supporters bus in the 80s. 

I don't get to many games anymore, but watch most on TV. I reckon I have heard that song a few times this year (at away games I think). Or maybe a song with same tune?

Has else heard it? 

Hopefully the song keeps going for generations to come.

Ps.

I missed the start of game today, so missed first 5 mins. Did it get sung then? 

1 minute ago, OzzieBear said:

I never seen Millar play, but was taught the song (by older guys that had), when I was going to games on a supporters bus in the 80s. 

I don't get to many games anymore, but watch most on TV. I reckon I have heard that song a few times this year (at away games I think). Or maybe a song with same tune?

Has else heard it? 

Hopefully the song keeps going for generations to come.

Ps.

I missed the start of game yesterday, so missed first 5 mins. Did it get sung then? 

Same tune, different lyrics

18 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

impeccable minute's silence btw. It's not that hard to show respect, is it?

Not at all.

As we know this round of applause is an excuse/ cover up.

There is nothing more respectful than taking a minute of silence to reflect on a life / lives.

When it's at a football stadium it's all the more special.