Welcome Back to Rangers, Michael Beale!

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

We don’t have the money. But from what I’ve read around the latest ffp rules we wouldn’t be in danger of breaching FFP unless we spent a considerable amount. (If we structured the deals and financing correctly). 

So FFP isn’t really an argument against spending a bit more. It’s just the harsh reality we don’t have a magic money tree.

And of course more money helps. Let’s not pretend otherwise. That’s not to say good players can’t be found for free or cheap. But it’s pretty obvious that if we gave Beale a war chest he would in likelihood be able to bring in better players

We're literally on a UEFA watchlist because we're close to breaking FFP rules as it is :lol:  

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Some of the money will be in already (a large proportion of people don’t seem to realise fees generally don’t get paid front) but because he only joined them in July it will be included in this years set of accounts.

I get that, but it's money we know we have already and will have been used for things like ED house, blue sky lounge, Ashley etc. I think it's disingenuous to include it as a source of income this summer.

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

We must have spent £15m+ this season, I'd say at our level that is decent money.

Why would the Bassey money be coming in this summer? I don't think the Champions League pays you on tic either.

I read somewhere that the Bassey money will be in this years accounts.

Not asking the CL for tick, just the money for the group stages that we were in this season.

Just now, RoboBearToo said:

I read somewhere that the Bassey money will be in this years accounts.

Not asking the CL for tick, just the money for the group stages that we were in this season.

It is in next years accounts but will have been budgeted for already, we've spent a fortune on ED house, blue sky lounge and Ashley. Directors have had loans paid back as well.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

We must have spent £15m+ this season, I'd say at our level that is decent money.

Take away the millions put into NEH by the club. We could've had a much better window to be honest. 

The money was there, we spent a portion on the projects, and about £12m in the transfer window.

Keep in mind hard cash was spent on the likes of Matondo.

Could argue what we spent was alright for the level we're at, or you could argue it could've been more and we could've spent it on better players.

23 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

See to be fair, it’s on the Board to have established revenue streams to ensure we can be competitive with them.

No reason why we shouldn’t be able to spend decent money, given the profile of the club, recent European success, big player sales, high profile managers etc.

Can’t spend what we don’t have though.

Bigger worry for me is spending what we do have well. 

We’re on a uefa watchlist so I don’t think the club will be spending too much

33 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

You got a magic money tree?

No but our board have the responsibility to keep us successful and with the latest interview it would appear we're being conditioned to accept 2nd and I really don't think the fans will accept that.

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

Take away the millions put into NEH by the club. We could've had a much better window to be honest. 

The money was there, we spent a portion on the projects, and about £12m in the transfer window.

Keep in mind hard cash was spent on the likes of Matondo.

Could argue what we spent was alright for the level we're at, or you could argue it could've been more and we could've spent it on better players.

What we spent was fine, it's just we haven't had enough return from nearly £15m on Davies, Colak, Yilmaz and Matondo.

9 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Why would the Bassey money be coming in this summer? I don't think the Champions League pays you on tic either.

Final CL payment isn't made until October 2023. We'll also be due a payment in June

image.thumb.png.22859ee859b9b8ac6307bc3ffe99b0f9.png

https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/0277-158b0bea495a-ba6c18158cd3-1000/20220704_circular_2022_47_en.pdf

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

What we spent was fine, it's just we haven't had enough return from nearly £15m on Davies, Colak, Yilmaz and Matondo.

Meant to include you could also argue the level of spending is fine, but the return isn't matching the outlay.

But that comes down to the scouting and recruitment department, and am no opening that can again.

2 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

No but our board have the responsibility to keep us successful and with the latest interview it would appear we're being conditioned to accept 2nd and I really don't think the fans will accept that.

How is this conditioning us for 2nd :lol:

“But I’m confident this summer gives us an opportunity to do two things.

“We want to have a tighter group, and then we want to recruit new faces and energy into it.

“Look at Todd Cantwell and Nico Raskin, they didn’t cost huge amounts.

“Certainly, with the salaries we have going out at the end of contracts, we have finance to bring in.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Final CL payment isn't made until October 2023. We'll also be due a payment in June

image.thumb.png.22859ee859b9b8ac6307bc3ffe99b0f9.png

https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/0277-158b0bea495a-ba6c18158cd3-1000/20220704_circular_2022_47_en.pdf

How much?

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

How is this conditioning us for 2nd :lol:

“But I’m confident this summer gives us an opportunity to do two things.

“We want to have a tighter group, and then we want to recruit new faces and energy into it.

“Look at Todd Cantwell and Nico Raskin, they didn’t cost huge amounts.

“Certainly, with the salaries we have going out at the end of contracts, we have finance to bring in.

How much?

We don't need to spend fortunes 

No if our rivals back their manager with finances who is more likely to be successful. 

Just now, Kylegib said:

We don't need to spend fortunes 

No if our rivals back their manager with finances who is more likely to be successful. 

Throwing money at something doesn't equate immediate success

It doesn't guarantee anything, we could spend £20-25m they could all be massive flops and then we're fucked.

Quality over quantity etc. I'd rather a best in class scouting and recruitment department that finds us gems for a fraction of that price, and then we build it all from there.

25 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

We're literally on a UEFA watchlist because we're close to breaking FFP rules as it is :lol:  

I get that, but it's money we know we have already and will have been used for things like ED house, blue sky lounge, Ashley etc. I think it's disingenuous to include it as a source of income this summer.

It’s a rolling 3 year period. We were on the list given our losses up to accounting year 20/21. We met the financial year break even but were on the watchlist because of Covid regulations or t3-t4 results. Ie if we continued as we had been going forward we would be in breach. They changed the limits in June 2022 and with our forward looking accounts both on losses as well as % spending constraints. We would have reasonable room. Not saying we can spend 30 million. But it wouldn’t be a realistic binding constraint if we wanted to spend 15-20 this Summer

This is probably a good one for The Dude to interject on. But from first glance I don’t think it’s an immediate problem

7 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

It’s a rolling 3 year period. We were on the list given our losses up to accounting year 20/21. We met the financial year break even but were on the watchlist because of Covid regulations or t3-t4 results. Ie if we continued as we had been going forward we would be in breach. They changed the limits in June 2022 and with our forward looking accounts both on losses as well as % spending constraints. We would have reasonable room. Not saying we can spend 30 million. But it wouldn’t be a realistic binding constraint if we wanted to spend 15-20 this Summer

This is probably a good one for The Dude to interject on. But from first glance I don’t think it’s an immediate problem

We've brought money in but we'll also have increased our wage bill substantially in that time period. 

Neither of us know the figures involved but don't think we can say it isn't a problem.

Under the new regulations, European clubs will be limited to spending 70 percent of their revenue on wages, transfers and agents' fee

The single biggest cost to the club is the wage bill which now totals £54.8m, an increase of £7.1m on the previous year

The club posted a record revenue of £86.8m.

9 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

We've brought money in but we'll also have increased our wage bill substantially in that time period. 

Neither of us know the figures involved but don't think we can say it isn't a problem.

They’ve increased the loss limit from 30 to 60 million over 3 years. So that would be the last 2 which was net profit of 5 and loss of about 23. So we wouldn’t be close to breaching that now. 

And the second constraint is wages+spending can’t exceed 90% of total revenue. (Dropping to 80 then 70%). Our latest revenue was 87.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Under the new regulations, European clubs will be limited to spending 70 percent of their revenue on wages, transfers and agents' fee

The single biggest cost to the club is the wage bill which now totals £54.8m, an increase of £7.1m on the previous year

Its the wages that people seem to forget about, its all fine and well saying "aye but we sold 30mill and brought in CL money" without remembering we have massively bumped up the wage bill 

A good chunk of that will be going this summer hopefully, probably about 100 grand a week maybe more of we have a real clearout

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

They’ve increased the loss limit from 30 to 60 million over 3 years. So that would be the last 2 which was net profit of 5 and loss of about 23. So we wouldn’t be close to breaching that now. 

And the second constraint is wages+spending can’t exceed 70% of total revenue. Our latest revenue was 87.

So again we wouldn’t be close to breaching that number without significant spending.

And this years revenue? 

38 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Maybe i’m just an optimist but I think next season we will see the real value of the investments we made this Summer. I still maintain that Matondo (and probably Souttar) aside, we had a pretty decent window but we’ve just had a shit load of bad luck. 

20 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Yeh that bit is slightly unclear. Not sure how exactly they define the squad cost ratio Don’t see it defined other than “relevant persons”.  Our playing staff wages are 38. . But if they’re including the board etc and whatever else the remaining 17 is on it would be tighter, but still it’s 90% for 2023/2024.