Welcome Back to Rangers, Michael Beale!

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Maybe i’m just an optimist but I think next season we will see the real value of the investments we made this Summer. I still maintain that Matondo (and probably Souttar) aside, we had a pretty decent window but we’ve just had a shit load of bad luck. 

The lawerence injury hammered us, our team was set up nicely to utilise his play style, 

12 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Maybe i’m just an optimist but I think next season we will see the real value of the investments we made this Summer. I still maintain that Matondo (and probably Souttar) aside, we had a pretty decent window but we’ve just had a shit load of bad luck. 

Fingers crossed, Davies is looking settled, just need to hope Yilmaz is what we're expecting him to be

5 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Yeh that bit is slightly unclear. Not sure how exactly they define the squad cost ratio Don’t see it defined other than “relevant persons”.  Our playing staff wages are 38. . But if they’re including the board etc and whatever else the remaining 17 is on it would be tighter, but still it’s 90% for 2023/2024.

So we still need to be massively wary of it as it's not guaranteed we will make anywhere near as much in revenue as we have in the last 18 months...

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Fingers crossed, Davies is looking settled, just need to hope Yilmaz is what we're expecting him to be

So we still need to be massively wary of it as it's not guaranteed we will make anywhere near as much in revenue as we have in the last 18 months...

Yeh this set of accounts shd be good because of Bassey+Aribo money + CL money. It’s the ones after I’m worried about. So not sure if they’ll try and front load spending slightly this summer. Knowing that after that the ratio is going to drop and our expected turnover will almost certainly drop

19 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Yeh for sure we will get more out of them. Can’t be any worse than last season. If we pay the Tillman fee that will take spending above 20 million. And on the evidence so far you’d say Tillman, Lawrence and Davies are a noticeable improvement on what we had for those positions. Yilmaz shd hopefully come good and Lawrence we don’t know how he’ll be after his injury.

But 20 million net is quite a lot for 3 players. For that money you’d want 2-3 to be in the running for the league poty that really takes the squad quality up a notch. 

21 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Not sure. They said Bassey and Aribo fees weren’t included in the last accounts nor any CL money.

Well we might have earned less in europe, but more in transfer fees, although dunno how it works as gerrard fee is likely paid up in one go whereas transfer fees will be monthly installments

But we undoubtedly bumped the wage bill up a good bit this year, even if we make a small profit this year (like last) it still requires us to qualify for the CL every year while the costs are so high

26 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Yeh this set of accounts shd be good because of Bassey+Aribo money + CL money. It’s the ones after I’m worried about. So not sure if they’ll try and front load spending slightly this summer. Knowing that after that the ratio is going to drop and our expected turnover will almost certainly drop

Accounts need to be good on a consistent basis over several years for us to avoid clashes with FFP. We are only looking at 2 years right now. 

There won't be any front load spending as theres nothing to front load with. At best we can see the same sort of spending as we did last summer. It just needs to be on point and not wasted again. 

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Accounts need to be good on a consistent basis over several years for us to avoid clashes with FFP. We are only looking at 2 years right now. 

There won't be any front load spending as theres nothing to front load with. At best we can see the same sort of spending as we did last summer. It just needs to be on point and not wasted again. 

The rules are pretty clear. There is the net loss rule of 60mio over 3 years. And there is the squad cost ratio rule (although yet to see exactly how that is defined). As for spending, the rationale for front loading it is because the squad cost ratio for next season is 90% falling to 70% 2 seasons after. So for us that’s equivalent to 15million extra cap space (under current turnover) for next season vs 2 seasons down the line. In reality it might work out more depending on how European money and transfer fees have been structured. But yes there likely isn’t very much money available. 

As for the watch list. We didn’t break any rules:

“were able to fulfil the requirements but only as a result of COVID-19 emergency measures or because of historical positive break-even results. They were all reminded by UEFA that those would not be taken into account going forward and informed their activity would be watched.”

Obviously our accounts are different now

A positive interview. With five players coming in like for like, I expect to see McGregor, Helander, Kamara, Wright & Morelos leave.

New long-term contracts for Jack & Kent and a one-year extension for Arfield. I highly doubt anyone will take on Matondo's contract.

I would love to know his plans for a goalkeeper.

2 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Take away the millions put into NEH by the club. We could've had a much better window to be honest. 

The money was there, we spent a portion on the projects, and about £12m in the transfer window.

Keep in mind hard cash was spent on the likes of Matondo.

Could argue what we spent was alright for the level we're at, or you could argue it could've been more and we could've spent it on better players.

The thing about FFP is that spending money on things like NEH doesnt count. You cant just spend all your money on fees and wages as there is a limit on how much you can spend. However, I believe something like NEH raises our revenue which in turn means we can spend more on players/wages. I might be wrong.

2 hours ago, Kylegib said:

No but our board have the responsibility to keep us successful and with the latest interview it would appear we're being conditioned to accept 2nd and I really don't think the fans will accept that.

Aye, and every single £2-3m player we bring in also comes with a wage too. We've just spent on two players, if we continue to spend like that on the right players we will be fine.

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Aye, and every single £2-3m player we bring in also comes with a wage too. We've just spent on two players, if we continue to spend like that on the right players we will be fine.

Hopefully so but doesn't half put the pressure on to make sure the scouting and recruitment up their game big time.

40 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

A positive interview. With five players coming in like for like, I expect to see McGregor, Helander, Kamara, Wright & Morelos leave.

New long-term contracts for Jack & Kent and a one-year extension for Arfield. I highly doubt anyone will take on Matondo's contract.

I would love to know his plans for a goalkeeper.

D6B8BACC-6726-4DC0-A0D0-A73CF4829846.gif

5 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

Hopefully so but doesn't half put the pressure on to make sure the scouting and recruitment up their game big time.

Pressure should be on the scouting and recruitment, in what way is the recruitment going to be less so than before? We've had bad signings not bad investment.

Jack should get new contracts on a yearly basis going forward and it's unpopular but I'd probably give Arfield a year as well, he's probably going to hit double figure goals this season, would imagine he'd take a wage cut and be happy with a reduced role.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Jack should get new contracts on a yearly basis going forward and it's unpopular but I'd probably give Arfield a year as well, he's probably going to hit double figure goals this season, would imagine he'd take a wage cut and be happy with a reduced role.

And I'm supposedly the one rambling ffs

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

I thought you wanted to get rid of the loser mentality in the squad? Why give one of the “crumblers” or “mentally weak” players who Beale has only given 200 minutes to since he came in

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

I thought you wanted to get rid of the loser mentality in the squad? Why give one of the “crumblers” or “mentally weak” players who Beale has only given 200 minutes to since he came in

Did you miss this part of my post?

'would imagine he'd take a wage cut and be happy with a reduced role.'

He's not someone I would put in the bracket of mentally weak anyway, technically limited and lost a yard maybe, but not mentally weak

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If Jack can stay fit for the rest of the season, I wouldn’t be totally against a new contract. 

He’s the only one that should be under any consideration.

We can't keep Jack fit, we need better quality if we're to have any realistic chance of winning the title next season.