Welcome Back to Rangers, Michael Beale!

20 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Every season we get fed a bunch of shite about how good a window we will have and every season we are let down.

This season especially there is a lot of criticism of the board so they are OBVIOUSLY attempting to create some goodwill among the support base.

Im not saying the fans are mongs, we are loyal and those in charge are lucky for that.

It was the manager who said it so I'm not sure how the board are obviously attempting to create goodwill.

21 minutes ago, ConfusedAboutMySexuality said:

Why would we advertise to selling clubs that we have a good pot of money available?

To me the coment about funds being available is aimed purely at the fans, and it has already been said fans will renew, regardless

To build up some excitement about the summer/next season

12 minutes ago, ConfusedAboutMySexuality said:

I seem to remember a song about that "Why do you build me up........just to let me down"

Just that if the statement that there is a decent sum of money available is to build up excitement, then we may end up disapointed as we all know funds are limited

7 hours ago, Kylegib said:

Absolutely

Is it because Beale is getting loads of cash to sign superstars of world football?

or because you have supported this club all your life and it’s a part of who you are - and that you are lucky to be able to afford it because there’s thousands of bears who’d love to be in your position, but unfortunately their circumstances mean they don’t have that amount of disposable income?

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Is it because Beale is getting loads of cash to sign superstars of world football?

or because you have supported this club all your life and it’s a part of who you are - and that you are lucky to be able to afford it because there’s thousands of bears who’d love to be in your position, but unfortunately their circumstances mean they don’t have that amount of disposable income?

It's because that's what I do. As a youngster with my Dad running a supporters bus I'd have loved to get a season ticket now I'm fortunate enough to have one for me my lad and grandson and finances permitting I'll not ever be likely to give them up.

16 hours ago, Kylegib said:

It's because that's what I do. As a youngster with my Dad running a supporters bus I'd have loved to get a season ticket now I'm fortunate enough to have one for me my lad and grandson and finances permitting I'll not ever be likely to give them up.

46C15FD8-2132-43F2-BEA6-97C90C5DA2F6.gif

One guy to avoid much criticism for the weekend is the manager. He has done ok since his arrival, faultless against the dross but now 0 wins in 3 against them.

Being really negative and he loses the semi too, just how bad a place does he go into next season? Gio felt like one or two bad results and we'd turn on him and that's how it happened(although they were very bad results) gio won the Scottish cup and amazingly almost won the europa league yet still faced that situation.

I think beale has improved our side, and we are a better watch than before, his interviews are obviously better too but it's a results business. Is his job under threat if we lose at Hampden too, does he start in a similar place where any bad start is the end really, or does he get the season with most people's blessing considering the mess he inherited?

4 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

One guy to avoid much criticism for the weekend is the manager. He has done ok since his arrival, faultless against the dross but now 0 wins in 3 against them.

Being really negative and he loses the semi too, just how bad a place does he go into next season? Gio felt like one or two bad results and we'd turn on him and that's how it happened(although they were very bad results) gio won the Scottish cup and amazingly almost won the europa league yet still faced that situation.

I think beale has improved our side, and we are a better watch than before, his interviews are obviously better too but it's a results business. Is his job under threat if we lose at Hampden too, does he start in a similar place where any bad start is the end really, or does he get the season with most people's blessing considering the mess he inherited?

Beale escaped criticism on the weekend because he cannot be blamed for two really bad defensive mistakes. He actually got his team formation right.

But yes, lose the semi and he will be under pressure.

Maybe from some fans but that pressure should really be directed towards Wilson. If you were to pick a combined 11. How many players would start from us. Tav, Goldson and maybe Raskin or Tillman? So not going to be asking for the managers head when he loses a game where only 3 players would walk into a combined 11. 

He’s not responsible for the shambolic squad he’s inherited. A fair result out the 3 OF would have been 2 draws and a defeat. Which is probably a fair reflection of the gap at the moment. Coupled that with the improvement in domestic results and the 2 January signings. He’ll get backing going into the Summer.

If he gets to sign a gk, cm, winger and striker and we still lose. Then he rightly deserves pressure 

40 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s a squad of serial losers who got the previous manager binned, and who need ripped up in the summer.

He’s been quite unlucky in 2 of the 3 OFs and faultless vs the rest domestically.

Can only really start to judge in the summer. 

Quietly confident, Cantwell and Raskin have both been big improvements. 

Their replacements no matter what the media make out have been worse.

15 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Beale escaped criticism on the weekend because he cannot be blamed for two really bad defensive mistakes. He actually got his team formation right.

But yes, lose the semi and he will be under pressure.

Imo Beale will

be judged next season. His team etc.