Welcome Back to Rangers, Michael Beale!

On 24/03/2023 at 20:23, ElBufalo20 said:

We’re on a uefa watchlist so I don’t think the club will be spending too much

I need someone to explain this to me please? How does that all work when teams are throwing money away like Chelsea? Is it we can only spend a % of revenue or something like that? 

EDIT - just seen previous pages👍🏻

10 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

I need someone to explain this to me please? How does that all work when teams are throwing money away like Chelsea? Is it we can only spend a % of revenue or something like that? 

EDIT - just seen previous pages👍🏻

Chelsea are being clever giving players 10 year contracts so an £80m player converts to £8m over the 10 year period on the ffp accounts.  (think Fifa are limiting this to 7 from next season?)

There is a loophole for teams like ourselves - buy a £7m player and give him a 7 year contract (with an agreement either can break it for a nominal fee, say £1, making it in effect a 3 year contract, but only £1m a year on the accounts submitted.  Could actually by 5 top players this way next season doing that.

18 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

Chelsea are being clever giving players 10 year contracts so an £80m player converts to £8m over the 10 year period on the ffp accounts.  (think Fifa are limiting this to 7 from next season?)

There is a loophole for teams like ourselves - buy a £7m player and give him a 7 year contract (with an agreement either can break it for a nominal fee, say £1, making it in effect a 3 year contract, but only £1m a year on the accounts submitted.  Could actually by 5 top players this way next season doing that.

And in 3 years they all leave for £1, but we're still paying up the remaining 4 years, how do we replace them?

4 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

And in 3 years they all leave for £1, but we're still paying up the remaining 4 years, how do we replace them?

With champions league money - not much speculation to accumulate, recouping the money fairly easily. 

meant to say we are not actually paying it over 7 years, would be paid in 3 or 4 depending on terms, it's just for FFP purposes

3 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Lets hope so. Its now that the work needs done. Get them in early so they can settle in the city and ready to go for pre season.

Thing is not many teams give up players they want the now, so if we're agreeing deals now for summer signings its either bosmans or players that dont have futures at clubs

Raskin has the potential to be one of our best signings in years, and since we've been linked with him for a while I'll give Wilson the credit. Why wasn't he signed during the Gio era would be my question. 

12 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

Raskin has the potential to be one of our best signings in years, and since we've been linked with him for a while I'll give Wilson the credit. Why wasn't he signed during the Gio era would be my question. 

Because the kamara deal fell through which was funding the raskin deal

14 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Because the kamara deal fell through which was funding the raskin deal

But we weren't solely relying on Kamara leaving to fund 1 signing last summer. We spent plenty elsewhere on positions that could be argued weren't as much of a priority as that cm position. If you factor in our business last January when we were linked with him aswell it really seems like a big opportunity missed to get him through the door much earlier than we eventually did. 

2 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

But we weren't solely relying on Kamara leaving to fund 1 signing last summer. We spent plenty elsewhere on positions that could be argued weren't as much of a priority as that cm position. If you factor in our business last January when we were linked with him aswell it really seems like a big opportunity missed to get him through the door much earlier than we eventually did. 

We have no idea what his club wanted as a fee for him last summer, yeah we spent millions on matondo etc, but perhaps we enquired about raskin twice and twice were told something stupid like 8mill at first then near the end of the window when his team knew he wasnt going and they would lose him on a free in a year they reduced it after we'd spent money elsewhere hence why we needed to fund it with another sale

8 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

When is season ticket renewals out?

Why?

Do you reckon that folk will only renew if they think there's a bumper transfer budget?

What's in it for him to say its a "good budget for a Rangers manager" if it isn't? Sets himself up as target rather than the Board/ Wilson.

Will it ever be enough, does it matter what it actually is given we rarely find out fees?

He says it's healthy, for his sake it needs to be as his job will be on the line otherwise. 

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

I hate this pish, every fucking season.

why do people make out the fans are mongos?

we renew in huge numbers whether we have a season playing against postmen, bin men and labourers or we have just got to a European final, the Rangers support don’t need pish sound bites or plants about budget etc.

this is basically a support that sold out stadiums for 3 years till a boycott to remove cunts that were damaging the club.

Every season we get fed a bunch of shite about how good a window we will have and every season we are let down.

This season especially there is a lot of criticism of the board so they are OBVIOUSLY attempting to create some goodwill among the support base.

Im not saying the fans are mongs, we are loyal and those in charge are lucky for that.

9 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Every season we get fed a bunch of shite about how good a window we will have and every season we are let down.

This season especially there is a lot of criticism of the board so they are OBVIOUSLY attempting to create some goodwill among the support base.

Im not saying the fans are mongs, we are loyal and those in charge are lucky for that.

Is that what they’re doing aye? 

like gerrard was to sell season tickets, we buy every year so suggesting this is for season books is ridiculous