Welcome Back to Rangers, Michael Beale!

15 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

One guy to avoid much criticism for the weekend is the manager. He has done ok since his arrival, faultless against the dross but now 0 wins in 3 against them.

Being really negative and he loses the semi too, just how bad a place does he go into next season? Gio felt like one or two bad results and we'd turn on him and that's how it happened(although they were very bad results) gio won the Scottish cup and amazingly almost won the europa league yet still faced that situation.

I think beale has improved our side, and we are a better watch than before, his interviews are obviously better too but it's a results business. Is his job under threat if we lose at Hampden too, does he start in a similar place where any bad start is the end really, or does he get the season with most people's blessing considering the mess he inherited?

He's absolutely not under threat.  He inherited an unfit squad who had downed tools and quite a few players well past their sell by date, and others that came in who are nowhere near good enough. 

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

There’s no way he’s a granda in real life. I’m adamant he was talking about his save game on The Sims when he said that.

He genuinely might be tbf, he’s got a YouTube channel with videos from over 12 years ago :lol:

Beale came in with a 9 point deficit which is now 12 but if it wasn't for Ryan Jack, Ben Davies and John Souttar having complete meltdowns in and around our own box we'd be about 3 points behind (If your auntie had baws - I know!)

The cup final he made a complete arse of but with a rusty and broken squad he's managed to just about match a very consistent celtic.

Give him the tools and we'll be alright!

I'm far from sold on the guy but willing to give him more time given the results we've had since he came in. Half the job of winning the league is keeping the squad motivated and if he can keep the same vein of form now there's nought left to play for, that's a big positive. Same goes for the semi-final, needs to ensure we're forcing errors and capitalising on them. Too many looking gunshy last weekend when there's absolutely no need to be.

I didn't want Beale for manager but he's in the seat just now and at least we haven't dropped stupid points to the bottom 10 clubs so far.    He got team selection all wrong for League Cup Final.  He continually selects Kent and leaves him on for the full 90 minutes despite Kent doing sod all.  Things like that really worry me about Beale.   We need a clear out and I just hope he gets the replacements right and we get rid of the dross left behind by Wilson.

On 12/04/2023 at 10:09, JackAlex93 said:

I'll judge the manager next season when it's his team and not Gio's

That's fair.

I think he has been good since he came here.  

The team look fitter, hungrier, and are at least trying to play a consistent style of football again.

He has still to do a job against them, but overall I'm happier with him than ibwas with Gio this season.

I'll judge him next season, but if we lose the first OF game or drop silly points elsewhere I hope hes punted asap, rather than a dragged out process like Gio was

Wonder how he is feeling now his buddy Wilson has left. Beale said a few weeks back him and Wilson were the "top" men here 😑

• 8 months later...
16 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Nobody would have reminded you of anything unless you'd bumped a thread from a year ago :tu:

The thread was actually put in the Gio new job thread and he was reacting to stuff before I said anything.

Maybe not assume, you won't look like a tit. 👍🏻

Screenshot_20240102-235016.thumb.png.4172ae29bcf31c6f32d4bcb3389c7b75.png