Transfers, rumours, wants etc

RoboBearToo

Just now, stuart1994 said:

No keeper in January is unsurprising but yet still disappointing. 

Don't need one we have McCrorie. Would rather use wages on a defender or two that can play left side and right side and also a winger and if it's not much to ask for.

McCrorie has to be considered though we have to give the boy a chance whenever he has been called upon he has done well.

6 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Don't need one we have McCrorie. Would rather use wages on a defender or two that can play left side and right side and also a winger and if it's not much to ask for.

McCrorie has to be considered though we have to give the boy a chance whenever he has been called upon he has done well.

We do need one, because going by Beale’s press conference he’ll not even be in consideration 

11 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

I really don’t know how anyone could have full confidence in McCrorie considering he’s no even played five games. Keepers an absolute must. 

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We do need one, because going by Beale’s press conference he’ll not even be in consideration 

Beale said he has a lot of trust in McCrorie, so I think he could be in consideration in fact.

10 minutes ago, NI said:

Beale said he has a lot of trust in McCrorie, so I think he could be in consideration in fact.

But if he’s debating about putting him out on loan, and not planning on buying a new keeper, I don’t see how he can be considering him as an option for a regular starter

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It makes no sense considering we need a keeper and he’s the only one not been given a chance, and we’re not planning on signing one 

The reluctance to play him in any form continues, he’s not ready so for everyone’s benefit get him ready by a season or two as a first teamer elsewhere.  

I’m annoyed & confused by where we’ve ended up in the goalkeeping dept, was always under the impression it was an area the club had a structure that would take care of itself naturally but it’s turned out quite the opposite for one reason or another.  

28 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

I really don’t know how anyone could have full confidence in McCrorie considering he’s no even played five games. Keepers an absolute must. 

You need to give players full confidence though mate he could play brilliantly as he has a lot to prove if given the chance. Even just a game or two or give him a second half just to see what he can do. The fact he has not begged to leave the club and he has sat patiently waiting for his chance is only a good thing.

We were never signing a keeper in Jan unless one feel into our laps.

It's pretty much the hardest position to fill and it could take years to replace the Shagger of old. 

We fucked up by not replacing him in the summer but with whatever budget we had, we may have not been confident that 5 or 6 million could have got us what we wanted. Hopefully someone in the pipeline for this summer, maybe out of contract that we've had an eye on?

What we know if McLaughlin isn't fit to fill that role and RM at 24 or whatever obviously isn't viewed as a long term No1.

29 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

But if he’s debating about putting him out on loan, and not planning on buying a new keeper, I don’t see how he can be considering him as an option for a regular starter

Exactly. Reads to me that he isn't ready to start mccrorie. Stuck with McGregor costing us points until he's forced to play McLaughlin....who will cost us points.

McCrorie is there to help homegrown quotas, if he’s happy to have a career as Rangers number 2 his whole career fair play to him, he will be paid well for it and helps us with the quota.

May as well go on loan until end of season getting games. Mcgregor retire, McLaughlin to be sold and bring a new keeper in the summer. 

9 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Exactly. Reads to me that he isn't ready to start mccrorie. Stuck with McGregor costing us points until he's forced to play McLaughlin....who will cost us points.

That is not how I read it but maybe it's my mistake.

Just like when he says he is happy with our GKs options, there is no way he is serious he surely protects his players and doesn't want to talk about what he really thinks in a press conference.

12 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

of course we need a keeper but theres more pressing positions needed and our budget for january will be spent on outfield players, im sure we will be in talks in january with a keeper to be brought in for summer

There is literally no more pressing position we need than a GK.