Transfers, rumours, wants etc

RoboBearToo

7 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

He’s mentally and physically fucked after playing 1 game in a month? 

His mentality is all wrong

Bearing in mind that you can never fully trust how things have been translated anyway as it often loses some of the essence of how things are meant, all he's said is that it was physically and mentally stressful, but that's what you become a footballer for and he dreams of repeating the experience.

I don't see what's wrong with that. He's speaking at a civic reception in his home town in Osijek and the comments are meant for that audience, i.e 'I left everything I had out there for you'. Of course, the media over here present it as some kind of 'I'm too tired' bullshit and some are only too happy to lap it up.

I get some folk don't like Barisic (not necessarily without good reason) and will view things he says through that lense, but above is what he basically said and if you take it in the right context it's completely inoffensive.

'Fitness fears' say the papers after a few 'I gave my all for my country' comments at a civic event held by a proud hometown. It's headlines playing folk like a fiddle. :lol: People need to stop taking the bait from the media they so despise. Give yourselves a shake ffs. It's actually pretty poor that folk would hold this homecoming event against him.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Thought he was playing it very safe, and really lack pace or quality in his delivery. Borna or Ridvan should come in as soon as available. 

I think the fact that he is a right back and playing on the left he has done well.

If Tav had not had the flu he could have been on the left for a change. :pipe:

9 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Bearing in mind that you can never fully trust how things have been translated anyway as it often loses some of the essence of how things are meant, he said is that it was physically and mentally stressful, but that's what you become a footballer for and he dreams of repeating the experience.

I don't see what's wrong with that. 

I get some folk don't like Barisic (not necessarily without good reason) and will view things he says through that lense, but above is what he basically said.

Would you not expect him to be back for the game on Friday, given that he's only played one game in the last 5 weeks, we have no recognised left back available and a defensive crisis meaning we have midfielders playing there?

44 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Would you not expect him to be back for the game on Friday, given that he's only played one game in the last 5 weeks, we have no recognised left back available and a defensive crisis meaning we have midfielders playing there?

I'd expect him to be back when he's told to be back.

We are crying out for better in so many positions. With the wage bill being so high though and the squad numbers so high too i can't see us doing much, if anything until bodies are shipped out. I mean are we really going to add to the 3 goalkeepers we already have, or add another midfielder when we have so many options already, i'm not so sure. Moving players on has to be a priority, there are just too many not contributing and not good enough. 

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Is it? If you play well in a position you should keep it, no?

He didn’t play particularly well, he’s out of position and severely curtailed our attacking threat down the left because he’s very right footed.

Lots of potential, but he’s not a LB. Absolute no brainer than Borna or Ridvan come right in as soon as available. 

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He didn’t play particularly well, he’s out of position and severely curtailed our attacking threat down the left because he’s very right footed.

Lots of potential, but he’s not a LB. Absolute no brainer than Borna or Ridvan come right in as soon as available. 

I disagree that it’s a no brainer. 

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Barisic doesn’t deserve to come straight back in therefore it’s not a no brainer 👍

A MOTM against Hibs, then an ok performance at Pittodrie and he deserves to be dropped for someone everyone has complained about all this season. :lol: