*****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread*****

3pts must - That has to be our modus operandi until we start getting players fully fit and/or get to the transfer window and bring in new blood. It doesn't matter how we play, or how we do it, we just need 3pts. Keep momentum.

After a horrible first half, the second half against Hibs it was encouraging to see some fight and desire in the team to make the 3pts happen - that has been lacking. 

Digging ourselves out of a hole is a skill we need to learn. They are (quite infuriatingly) very good at it, and it's big part of the reason the table looks the way it does. 

42 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

This is going to be a tough one. I think Aberdden will be forced by their own fans to have a go.

So that should open up some space for us to exploit.

Pretty nervous about this one tbh. Got away with one on Thurs, and Aberdeen will be right up for it.

Hopefully they do open up, as we’ll hopefully pick them apart if that’s the case. 

McGregor

Tav Sands Davies Devine

Jack Kamara

Tillman

Sakala Morelos Kent

Hopefully Goldson and Colak on the bench for some options, would be good to see Barisic back from the WC.

3 points a must, hopefully take some confidence from the 2nd half against Hibs.

27 minutes ago, LaaRFC said:

I’ll never understand the journos that go to these press conferences and ask the same things over and over. 

Feel like every time King is interviewed he’s asked about the support he gets from Tav and/or Goldson. 

Clubs don't want you asking hard Qs at a presser. All largely paint by numbers and if you ask something they don't like, you're often not invited back and sometimes even have accreditation removed.

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Clubs don't want you asking hard Qs at a presser. All largely paint by numbers and if you ask something they don't like, you're often not invited back and sometimes even have accreditation removed.

What hard questions would you ask and for what purpose?

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Clubs don't want you asking hard Qs at a presser. All largely paint by numbers and if you ask something they don't like, you're often not invited back and sometimes even have accreditation removed

I get you can’t come in and ask “you boys all buzzing Gio got sacked” or something equally pointed. But it’s typically the same voices you hear at the press conferences so I just don’t get how they will ask a question that they must have heard been asked and answered several times already.

Like you say though I don’t really expect to hear anything wild or earth shattering come out of the conferences, just a pet peeve of mine when it’s literally the exact same question over and over. You’d think they could come up with a unique, albeit soft, question. 

Just now, Misteral said:

What hard questions would you ask and for what purpose?

Would depend on circumstances tbh. Some managers (Gerrard being one) don't like being asked about tactical stuff from previous games and where they might have got things wrong.

Others - and I've had this one happen to me - get annoyed at asking about reported transfer targets, particularly if it is causing a bit of controversy with their fans. 

6 minutes ago, LaaRFC said:

I get you can’t come in and ask “you boys all buzzing Gio got sacked” or something equally pointed. But it’s typically the same voices you hear at the press conferences so I just don’t get how they will ask a question that they must have heard been asked and answered several times already.

Like you say though I don’t really expect to hear anything wild or earth shattering come out of the conferences, just a pet peeve of mine when it’s literally the exact same question over and over. You’d think they could come up with a unique, albeit soft, question. 

One of the problems we have is half the folk at ours are fan media rather than 'traditional' media so it can skew the Qs being asked towards the generic stuff we hear. FWIW, there's often a print presser and a broadcast/digital presser and the Qs at print pressers tend to be a little different as guys will often look for answers to specific pieces they are working on (usually for the Saturday/Sunday papers) while broadcast/digital will have one eye on on using the video for websites/TV where it is about getting the 'headline' info (who is injured, who is back fit, reaction to something that's happened) and having it turned around to publish ASAP.

I've never seen a player as fragile as Roofe. He's been in the squad training for three weeks, yet is still unavailable. Meanwhile, Goldson had been training for a week and is ready to go.

It's beyond a joke with this guy. We need to move him at the first bit of interest.