General Transfer Talk

Broxi

1 minute ago, WWTC said:

Fuckin £2M for Hagi but £4M for Kamara. I’m away man :confused:

Hagi had a serious injury that kept him out for a year so I can see why his value has not shot up. Not many will spend on him until he shows he is over it and playing to a decent standard which he hasn't done yet.

4 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Fuckin £2M for Hagi but £4M for Kamara. I’m away man :confused:

We signed Hagi for £3m and he was off form and was then out injured for over a year, and is now still not fancied. What do you think we're going to get for him?

Only last summer was Kamara still being linked to £7-10m moves and is on a longer contract 

Just now, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Probably the fact he has impressed every time he has played, looks as if he is the style of keeper we want in terms of distribution and coming off his line and it allows us to invest more on other areas that badly need it.

There are very few people who want Lowry to be starting, it's certainly not something 'the fan base' has been shouting for.

What all 4 times? Most keepers come off their line btw, we’ve just got use to an aging keeper who has NEVER been good at coming off his line. I like how people seem to see a goal keeper as a sort of minor position. 

Very few people have been wanting Lowry to be in the starting 11? Absolute nonsense.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Hagi had a serious injury that kept him out for a year so I can see why his value has not shot up. Not many will spend on him until he shows he is over it and playing to a decent standard which he hasn't done yet.

So keep him until he does rather than losing millions on one of more sellable assets? 

Just now, WWTC said:

So keep him until he does rather than losing millions on one of more sellable assets? 

He will be on a decent wage and he didn't exactly shine for us before his injury. If a bid comes in where we get most of our money back I would be all over it. He doesn't suit Scottish football and guys like Raskin and Cantwell are out there who are better suited to us.

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

We signed Hagi for £3m and he was off form and was then out injured for ever a year, and is now still not fancied. What do you think we're going to get for him?

Only last summer was Kamara still being linked to £7-10m moves and is on a longer contract 

Only last summer Glen Kamara actually got a game and looked half decent. 

silly season is officially under way 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Hagi signed a new long term deal. Full pre-season, hopefully an impact then get some decent value again next year. No sense rushing him out for less than we paid when there is clearly a player there.

Kamara strikes me as a guy who checked out a while back. Perhaps fact he still plays 1st choice international holds his value a bit 🤷🏻‍♂️ defo another one we missed the boat on selling for good money

Just now, The Godfather said:

He will be on a decent wage and he didn't exactly shine for us before his injury. If a bid comes in where we get most of our money back I would be all over it. He doesn't suit Scottish football and guys like Raskin and Cantwell are out there who are better suited to us.

He’s a Romanian international with a huge profile and despite his “flaws” was probably linked with as many and bigger clubs than peak Kamara. 

£2M for Hagi. Ross Wilson out though. 

3 minutes ago, WWTC said:

What all 4 times? Most keepers come off their line btw, we’ve just got use to an aging keeper who has NEVER been good at coming off his line. I like how people seem to see a goal keeper as a sort of minor position. 

Very few people have been wanting Lowry to be in the starting 11? Absolute nonsense.

Wtf are you on about 😂 nobody has said that, our support has been fuming the last two years about the state of our goalkeeper, we're well aware how important it is 

You've just made that up

7 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Wtf are you on about 😂 nobody has said that, our support has been fuming the last two years about the state of our goalkeeper, we're well aware how important it is 

You've just made that up

Made what up? 

you mean the bit where we’ll take risks on our goalkeeper to allow us to invest in other positions? That bit? 

4 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Only last summer Glen Kamara actually got a game and looked half decent. 

silly season is officially under way 

My memory might be failing me here but wasn't Kamara already poor prior to those bids last summer too?

Mate you can haggle over £2/3/4m for Kamara if you want. But if you think we're holding out for £5-10m+ for Hagi you're going to be disappointed. I don't think the valuations I put in are that unrealistic. 

My memory might be failing me here but wasn't Kamara already poor prior to those bids last summer too?

Mate you can haggle over £2/3/4m for Kamara if you want. But if you think we're holding out for £5-10m+ for Hagi you're going to be disappointed. I don't think the valuations I put in are that unrealistic. 

Aye he was utter shite the night he rolled that one into the back of the net on our way to a Europa League final. 

we’ll sell Hagi for more than we get for Kamara. There, ive stated the obvious. 

1 minute ago, WWTC said:

Aye he was utter shite the night he rolled that one into the back of the net on our way to a Europa League final. 

we’ll sell Hagi for more than we get for Kamara. There, ive stated the obvious. 

Don't think it's as obvious as you think it is but we'll see 

The Turks will pay £5M for Hagi. At that price, we would be foolish not to cash in, but I feel he gets underplayed a bit on here. I thought he looked decent as a sub in the OF game. A long-range shot, a crunching 50-50 tackle, a nutmeg and a few nice passes, yet he never gets recognition.

As mentioned, if the price is right, sell, but I wouldn't be in a rush to get him out the door.

Can’t argue against how well McCrorie’s done since coming in.

My preference would still be to spend big money (for us) on someone playing currently at a good level on an upward trend.

Someone like Woodman would be ideal though not necessarily him - someone who would interest the lower half of the EPL.

14 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

Hagi signed a new long term deal. Full pre-season, hopefully an impact then get some decent value again next year. No sense rushing him out for less than we paid when there is clearly a player there.

Kamara strikes me as a guy who checked out a while back. Perhaps fact he still plays 1st choice international holds his value a bit 🤷🏻‍♂️ defo another one we missed the boat on selling for good money

I don't really think he's right for us. I'd rather we replaced asap

Don't think it's as obvious as you think it is but we'll see 

What i was implying was pretty obvious and it was to avoid the haggling of actual fees. 
And we will, but we’ll need to wait a bit as we’ll sell Kamara for peanuts and Hagi wont be going anywhere anytime soon. 

Just now, WWTC said:

What i was implying was pretty obvious and it was to avoid the haggling of actual fees. 
And we will, but we’ll need to wait a bit as we’ll sell Kamara for peanuts and Hagi wont be going anywhere anytime soon. 

Think we will definitely look to sell Hagi this summer 

37 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Just for the record, I do think McCrorie looks a decent keeper and i’m by no means writing him off.

That being said, the same fan base who have seen the club starved of serious investment for years now appear to be almost pushing for a young, barely proven, keeper who’s not even been our SECOND choice to be our No.1. I cant get my head around that. Based on what? A handful of games and a couple of decent saves? Our number 1? 

Then I remember its the same fans who’ve been clamouring for Lowry to be in the starting 11. 

The worst thing is we made this exact same mistake last year by allowing our 2nd choice keeper to become number one because of a handful of decent appearances, and now people want us to do it again, but with our 3rd choice.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The Turks will pay £5M for Hagi. At that price, we would be foolish not to cash in, but I feel he gets underplayed a bit on here. I thought he looked decent as a sub in the OF game. A long-range shot, a crunching 50-50 tackle, a nutmeg and a few nice passes, yet he never gets recognition.

As mentioned, if the price is right, sell, but I wouldn't be in a rush to get him out the door.

In full agreement. I also believe his injury played a large part in us losing the league last year, one of a number of players we lost who was capable of contributing. Hagi had his moments but he was capable of a goal or assist out of nothing and we missed that last year.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The numbers I put were conservative/bare minimum we should hope for. In reality I think Hagi probably leaves for £3m this summer. Don't see a team paying £5m and I don't see us trying to hold out for it either tbh