General Transfer Talk

Broxi

54 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Probably cos he's contracted and we can't sell him. We could maybe pay him off in full, that'd make sense.

Talking about a fit Roofe being a very good player isn't wrong, especially when all Beale does is asks a question and repeats what most of us have said.

I just find it weird that your immediate take from the article is such a negative one but each to their own.

Not negative at all just being realistic, the majority of the article is absolutely fine but the part about Roofe is just daft. 

Assuming Butland, Sterling, Dowell and Cifuentes are done, where are we still short? for me we still need a left sided centre back, 2 wide players and 2 strikers, ideally we could replace Lundstram but don’t see that happening this window. 

7 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Assuming Butland, Sterling, Dowell and Cifuentes are done, where are we still short? for me we still need a left sided centre back, 2 wide players and 2 strikers, ideally we could replace Lundstram but don’t see that happening this window. 

I think we are done in the middle, still need a striker and a center back if we are assuming these signings are done.

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

Need more than one striker for me, that’s 2 seasons on the trot we are finishing without a fit striker.

Always the same problem, IF we can count on Roofe and Colak, one striker is all good, if not we need two I agree.

47 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Those 4 signings only solve 2 problems in the XI which is GK and CM. Dowell and Sterling will be back ups

We still need 2 wingers, 2 strikers, CB minimum

Plus LB depending on what we’re doing there, plus maybe Tillman or replacement 

7 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

But he's never fit so what's the point in having him in any sort of plans for next season? 

Exact same boat with Jack. 

MIserable point of view to have. Most fans are excited to see the changes coming, some sit with their own personal thundercloud waiting to be offended.

11 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Those 4 signings only solve 2 problems in the XI which is GK and CM. Dowell and Sterling will be back ups

We still need 2 wingers, 2 strikers, CB minimum

Plus LB depending on what we’re doing there, plus maybe Tillman or replacement 

Don’t think we need a Tillman replacement if we sign 2 quality wide players and Cantwell plays in the centre. 

30 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

MIserable point of view to have. Most fans are excited to see the changes coming, some sit with their own personal thundercloud waiting to be offended.

There's nothing miserable about it at all. 

Roofe is a quality player but he simply can't be relied upon so stay fit for more than 4 weeks at a time, the changes coming have to mean getting shot of him. 

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Don’t think we need a Tillman replacement if we sign 2 quality wide players and Cantwell plays in the centre. 

Yeah that and LB are maybes

But the other 5 are essentials on top of the 4 already assumed to be wrapped up

6 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Yeah that and LB are maybes

But the other 5 are essentials on top of the 4 already assumed to be wrapped up

Aye agree with they 5, don’t think we need an LB even if Barisic goes we’d be left with Yilmaz and Sterling, ideally I’d like another midfielder to replace Lundstram but can’t see it happening. 

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Aye agree with they 5, don’t think we need an LB even if Barisic goes we’d be left with Yilmaz and Sterling, ideally I’d like another midfielder to replace Lundstram but can’t see it happening. 

Isn't Sterling a right back?

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Isn't Sterling a right back?

Yes but can and has played both.

I do wonder if we see him as the cover for both sides. Think there's still a lot of question marks in general about the LB slot. We now have 3 players on the books if Sterling signs who are all options there and on the surface all *could* be our LB but none at the obvious starter and maybe none of them will be.