Kent and Morelos

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

I remember hearing/reading he’s on about 17K p/w. Which sounds about right to me given he was a youth player who’s only real success had been on loan with us. 

Would just think if paying £7m then wages usually go hand in hand.  Especially with being here for a year beforehand and would see what he could offer and would know his worth  (fck that was a long time ago, be glad to see the back of him and wee huffy)

2 hours ago, SPWF said:

I remember hearing/reading he’s on about 17K p/w. Which sounds about right to me given he was a youth player who’s only real success had been on loan with us. 

He wasn't a youth player, he was our 2nd or 3rd highest transfer fee of all time.

2 hours ago, SPWF said:

That sounds about right. 

We've rarely signed players on big £25k+ contracts, especially 4-5 years ago. Anyone on that has got there through signing new contracts (Tav, Morelos, Goldson etc) as they have more bargaining power then.

2 hours ago, SPWF said:

If we're doing a deal worth £7m for a player than his agent will make sure he's being paid like a £7m player, I'd imagine he would've been our top earner when he signed in 2018, he might not be in our top five earners now but he'll be on more than £17k p/w for sure.

Its all about opinions, i Thought both were good up to last season, Both were excellent in europe for us, however i understand folks frustrations with them, both players have checked out however i blame the manager for playing them, Looks like Kent is going to Fernerbace or Burnley. Fuck knows where Morelos will end up, however some of the comments are sickening towards these two, as i said Beale is to blame for playing them and their attitude is terrible as they are leaving however no player deserves some of the hatred directed towards them.

8 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

He wasn't a youth player, he was our 2nd or 3rd highest transfer fee of all time.

He was a Liverpool youth player when we bought him. 

6 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Its all about opinions, i Thought both were good up to last season, Both were excellent in europe for us, however i understand folks frustrations with them, both players have checked out however i blame the manager for playing them, Looks like Kent is going to Fernerbace or Burnley. Fuck knows where Morelos will end up, however some of the comments are sickening towards these two, as i said Beale is to blame for playing them and their attitude is terrible as they are leaving however no player deserves some of the hatred directed towards them.

They chucked it with a year left on their deals - Getting paid over a million each and not giving a fuck.  Deserve slaughtered for that (not literally mind lol).

Just now, onlythestrongsurvive said:

They chucked it with a year left on their deals - Getting paid over a million each and not giving a fuck.  Deserve slaughtered for that (not literally mind lol).

So why did both managers keep playing them ?

On a serious note neither strike me as ‘not giving a fuck’.

Kent’s had two poor OF games in a row but otherwise been pretty good since Beale came in.

Morelos done ok for Beale too, and when you watch him when we score he’s celebrating like a mad man.

For Morelos it’s something physical, he’s lost fitness and any threat in behind.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Kent’s had two poor OF games in a row but otherwise been pretty good since Beale came in.

Morelos done ok for Beale too, and when you watch him when we score he’s celebrating like a mad man.

For Morelos it’s something physical, he’s lost fitness and any threat in behind.

I respect the fact that you're going to die on this Kent and Morelos have been good hill and refuse to change.

2 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Lots of folk on here rate Sakala better than Kent.

The issue is our right side is so bad that we've needed Sakala there.

fwiw I don't think Kent has chucked it - I just think a combination of poor form, his horrendous decision making and confidence that looks shot has ruined him and it's time to move on.

7 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He’s had 3, and not exactly been good. He got a bit better at the start but he’s been shite for months.

Just now, Swagger said:

Sakala is more effective these days and Sakala is utter, utter shite. 
Some amount of pish in our squad. 

Its a sad day when Sakala is more effective than a guy with so much talent. However sums ths squad up.

16 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

With 2/3 seasons of first team football behind him and he turned down a Champions League offer to come here.

Did he? Who was that? Not being snide genuinely don’t remember.