Kent and Morelos

10 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Why the fuck not btw? Like genuinely at this point, why no?

The season's gone, the youth are either going to offer more or the same (fuck all).

The boy has literally just turned 17. I want him involved in next 5 games but there’s no way he starts against them in a couple of weeks.

We also have a duty of care to the lad.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

The boy has literally just turned 17. I want him involved in next 5 games but there’s no way he starts against them in a couple of weeks.

But he's built like a man.

I've got this worry that the board haven't read the room and want to appease the fans by persuading one of these two to sign on again. Hope to god I'm wrong. I'll relax when they are gone but they are 1st picks right now and have been for most of this season despite looking useless. Seems they are rated within the club much more highly than amongst the fanbase. Yes we've had injuries but we do have other options for those positions. Personally from now on I'd start literally any of our attacking players ahead of both of them.

16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I agree with not fielding a host of youths against them but if he's good enough then he's old enough in my view. 

All the negativity when we were getting skelped around Leon King would back your claim of protecting youth. We don't want to make it feel like it's a chore playing for us at a young age if they are getting pelters. 

On a side note, seen Leon King at silverburn and he's just a wee guy, didn't realise how small he was for a CB. 

47 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I agree with not fielding a host of youths against them but if he's good enough then he's old enough in my view. 

All the negativity when we were getting skelped around Leon King would back your claim of protecting youth. We don't want to make it feel like it's a chore playing for us at a young age if they are getting pelters. 

On a side note, seen Leon King at silverburn and he's just a wee guy, didn't realise how small he was for a CB. 

Yeah but he’s not good enough yet.

We all know how it goes, he starts, he struggles, he gets subbed at half time and most of our fans then make the decision that he’s shite.

1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Yeh he’s small for a Cb. Hopefully not done growing yet! obviously a few exceptions but most CB these days are 6 ft 1 plus. Or they make up for it with exceptional other qualities like pace, positioning, athleticism.

I've backed Kent before and wanted him to stay but he can go, they can both go now. Will thank Alfie for the goals and memories and Kent for few moments of magic here and there. Sad its ended this way

18 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

People always go on about the players letting us down and serving up the same old shit but every time we have a run of shit results people start with the same old cliched posts and solutions and the ”the kids couldn’t be any worse” is always one of the first you see.

We send the majority of them out on loan, usually to clubs two or three levels below where we play, and most of them do absolutely nothing of note. 

You think people would have clocked on to it by now that maybe the kids just aren’t quite as good as people think they are, and even if they are throwing six or seven of them straight into the first team isn’t a sensible solution either. 

It’s down to shocking squad management that we don’t have any better options than these versions of Kent and Morelos, but wether the replacements are worse or not they still need to be dropped these performances can’t be deemed acceptable, Kamara has been bombed out for less than this pair constantly get away with. 

10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Kent 100% downed tools. To such a degree that his biggest supporter yanked him off at half time. 

Heads gone, dreaming of ripping off his next club.

I get I defend him a lot but he genuinely didn't look fit to me yesterday.

Doesn't excuse being the last man and losing it to Maeda or him switching off at another free kick but I'd like Beale to confirm whether the HT change was tactical or because they gambled on his fitness when he wasn't ready.

Morelos is slower than molasses in January. Teams can play a high line and he's done. He is not in shape to bully defenders like he used to.

Kent's performance was shameful. The only time I can think of him touching the ball was when instead of taking on the defender, cutting inside and shooting he passed to Barasic in an offside position. 

He did exactly the same in the first few minutes in the last match.

He can pack his bags along with Morelos.

And if I was Burnley I'd be looking elsewhere. 

Just now, Dickie1963 said:

Morelos is slower than molasses in January. Teams can play a high line and he's done. He is not in shape to bully defenders like he used to.

Kent's performance was shameful. The only time I can think of him touching the ball was when instead of taking on the defender, cutting inside and shooting he passed to Barasic in an offside position. 

He did exactly the same in the first few minutes in the last match.

He can pack his bags along with Morelos.

And if I was Burnley I'd be looking elsewhere. 

I’m sure Burnley have some sort of embargo right now, they’ll still go for him on a free IMO.

37 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

People always go on about the players letting us down and serving up the same old shit but every time we have a run of shit results people start with the same old cliched posts and solutions and the ”the kids couldn’t be any worse” is always one of the first you see.

We send the majority of them out on loan, usually to clubs two or three levels below where we play, and most of them do absolutely nothing of note. 

You think people would have clocked on to it by now that maybe the kids just aren’t quite as good as people think they are, and even if they are throwing six or seven of them straight into the first team isn’t a sensible solution either. 

And that’s before you get to the atmosphere him or any you g lad is likely to face at Ibrox.

It’s not going to be a good place in the last 3 home games.

Let the overpaid under-achievers face the wrath of the fans.

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

It’s down to shocking squad management that we don’t have any better options than these versions of Kent and Morelos, but wether the replacements are worse or not they still need to be dropped these performances can’t be deemed acceptable, Kamara has been bombed out for less than this pair constantly get away with. 

We've not had anyone in recent weeks to replace Morelos unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I'm not just meaning him btw, or that they start and play every single game. 

But there needs to be a shake up, there needs to be something the fans can actually see changing right now.

The season after a European Fuckin Final has been nothing but a disaster.

An absolute disaster and if anyone at the club can defend what happened this season please roll up and grab the mike !!!

We should have improved instead we’ve backwards quicker than a Taig reversing fae a Poppy Tin.

We have ended with turmoil, less saleable assets and a fan base than to put it politely are fuckin pissed off.

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

I'm not just meaning him btw, or that they start and play every single game. 

But there needs to be a shake up, there needs to be something the fans can actually see changing right now.

I agree with that.

We paid big money for Matondo and Yilmaz so lets see what they’ve got.

Give McCrorie a go.

Devine, King and Lowry game time with Rice, Lovelace and any others getting a run out.