Kent and Morelos

9 minutes ago, bluedart1952 said:

Give him  a go, there wasn't a lot of moaning on the terraces when Derek Johnstone first played for us aged 16. I would rather play a youth player than players who are just seeing their contracts out and aren't putting the effort in to win games.

This is my point exactly, said it 1 month ago.

35 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

To be fair you can see why Beale played them, the squad isnt exactly brimming with alternative options. He probably thought they might want to give us something to remember. Obviously not. Thatll surely be the last we will see of them. What a way to bow out.

Your right, this is the sad fact about the current squad.

When you look at the outlay for both players, what they've brought to the club, and that they are both leaving on a free, Kent should be deemed a failure.

For circa £7m the return should have been much greater in terms of goals and assists. Including wages it must be in the region of £10m wasted on him. The term flatters to deceive could have been invented for Kent.

Morelos over the course has been a huge success considering we bought him for around £1m and his goals have taken us to the brink of winning the Europa League, he's more than earned his crust. The mistake was with the club not selling him when his stock was high and we could have reinvested in the squad. I just think that his time with us has sadly come to a natural end and i really hope the wee man pushes on. 

Kent can flatter to deceive at a lower table prem club. 

48 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

To be fair you can see why Beale played them, the squad isnt exactly brimming with alternative options. He probably thought they might want to give us something to remember. Obviously not. Thatll surely be the last we will see of them. What a way to bow out.

Sad to think, after where Kent was going at Liverpool, ie nowhere, where he ended up with us, CL league and cup winner, EL, EL final, it’s sad to see him bail out like this.

He was prob about 3 inches away in Seville from being held as a god for the rest of his life last year.

Liverpool played a blinder. 
No way they were getting 7 mill for a player scratching about lower leagues England.

few brill games against the tarriers and we bit their hand off.

more mugs us.

Morelos.

We hat can we say?

used to struggle to keep him 

On the park, at his nasty  best. Now we can’t get him fit to get on the park.

had his day, our top scorer in Europe. 
great for him, can’t take that away, but he’s not above mccoist in Europe in my eyes.

do wish he was available for the EL final. Only on his early rounds showing.

if he was fit like he claims to be now, he’s a man down.

ironic, how they are actually harming their future wage potential with their dog shit attitude.

tata lads.

thanks, but shut the door on your way out. 

14 hours ago, bluedart1952 said:

Give him  a go, there wasn't a lot of moaning on the terraces when Derek Johnstone first played for us aged 16. I would rather play a youth player than players who are just seeing their contracts out and aren't putting the effort in to win games.

Certainly wasnt any moaning whem he put the darksiders to the sword in the League Cup Final bud.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I’ve been getting pelters from some for a good 9+ months on here for saying Morelos was done, wasn’t bothering his arse, his lifestyle off the park was taking its toll, and that his goal return was never good enough.

Unfortunate how it’s ended, but the guy has been allowed to act how he likes pretty much unchecked, with a big % of the fanbase still hanging out his arse.

Should never pull on a Rangers jersey again. 

Weirdos who worshipped the guy no matter what he did or even when his stupidity cost us created a monster.

He was always awful technically but he at least tried like fuck, obviously eventually realised that he could strut about like Carlos Peña and they’d still defend him no matter what 

59 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Weirdos who worshipped the guy no matter what he did or even when his stupidity cost us created a monster.

He was always awful technically but he at least tried like fuck, obviously eventually realised that he could strut about like Carlos Peña and they’d still defend him no matter what 

Think Gerrard was too soft with him too, which like you say created a monster.

I'm going as far back as the game at parkheid when Morelos got needlessly sent off....it was a long shot to win the league but 3pts that day would have helped, Morelos did the usual selfish thing and got sent off leaving us fucked!!!!

That was the beginning of the end for me, on his day he was devastating the way he single handedly would bully defenses....he would pop up and score goals to win important games and not just me but most people would start to forgive his petulance....sadly it was always rinse & repeat with Morelos but unfortunately his disdain for looking after his fitness levels meant he was no longer able to curry flavour within the support.....for him it is a tragic ending to his Rangers career and I for one will not believe in any kind of emotional send off....as far as I'm concerned he and Kent (btw) should never pull another shirt on for us, the manager & club need to show the fans some level of respect on this....if they don't then it is yet another slap in the face to this loyal fan base

23 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

People always go on about the players letting us down and serving up the same old shit but every time we have a run of shit results people start with the same old cliched posts and solutions and the ”the kids couldn’t be any worse” is always one of the first you see.

We send the majority of them out on loan, usually to clubs two or three levels below where we play, and most of them do absolutely nothing of note. 

You think people would have clocked on to it by now that maybe the kids just aren’t quite as good as people think they are, and even if they are throwing six or seven of them straight into the first team isn’t a sensible solution either. 

That isn't always true though, we've seen recently players who were lucky to get a chance through injury or otherwise and did well.  If at 19/20 they can't get game time at our club we should let them go but I think there are some that would flourish with the chance.

I used to love Morelos, hence the Avatar, but his application in the last 12 months has been abysmal.

I thought he was destined for the top of the game but clearly doesn't have the appetite or professionaliam for that. Sad to see.

They have given us practically nothing this season. Flip side is that they have done nothing for their own future. Thick sods if they think playing shit and not trying attracts a better deal. Lose Lose.