Kent and Morelos

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Agree with the sentiment but both will start against them in a fortnight as that’s where we are at.

Sad state of affairs tbh.

Don't think we will in all honesty. If Beale has a set of balls that is

27 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Who plays instead of Morelos?

A boy who’s just turned 17 in Lovelace or the same group who finished game today?

A boy who has abit of a build about him.

Who will offer more effort, desire and get about the park than that fat, un coditioned footballer.

I’

33 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A boy who’s just turned 17 in Lovelace or the same group who finished game today?

To be honest I would if Sakala/Colak not available. Morelos shouldnt get the privilege to wear the shirt again. He’s fallen so far off the levels he should be at for us and he’s OOC. Same with Kent. Let them go now and pay off their last months wages. 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Why the fuck not btw? Like genuinely at this point, why no?

The season's gone, the youth are either going to offer more or the same (fuck all).

1 hour ago, Davidorrp said:

I’

To be honest I would if Sakala/Colak not available. Morelos shouldnt get the privilege to wear the shirt again. He’s fallen so far off the levels he should be at for us and he’s OOC. Same with Kent. Let them go now and pay off their last months wages. 

Exactly. Waste of a wage the two of them. That's me being  nice

16 hours ago, bluenoz said:

That's what you get when you allow players to run down contracts.

Their minds and hearts have been elsewhere for months.

This alone should have shown Wilson out the door, you sell when players are at the peak price no with 6 months to go when they have options sheer fuckin lunacy.

That mhob bought in players that can start, not superstars but starters, they’ve got about 3 for every fuckin position, we bring in projects.

16 hours ago, KyleBJK said:

There was a stat during the game that Jota and kyogo have scored 8 in the last 4 games for them against us while in 44 games Kent and Morelos have 6 between them. That just about tells everything about our forward line. 

That is fuckin scary fuckin imposters.

Playing these two means that we are starting with nine men.

We played a European final without a conventional striker so Morelos can get to fuck.

Beale has Wright, Sakala, Matondo, Lovelace and possibly Colak to cobble together some form of attacking system but playing Morelos and/or Kent simply looks like weakness.

Morelos is a waster and Kent is a fraud, hides in every fucking game and doesn’t even go by people any more.

His shootings at the level I’d expect for someone playing in the juniors. 

Both have been a waste of a jersey domestically for 2 seasons, Morelos closer to 3. 

1 hour ago, left winger said:

A player isn’t off form for a year. Morelos, and Kent, both played to their form yesterday. They played in the way, style and effort the management of the team finds acceptable, and has accepted for a considerable period of time.

They have both been shite for a year would have been a better way to put it. They also should never have been allowed to run down their contracts. It has been a complete fuck up. 

20 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Just feeling so scunnered.

It’s negligence of the highest order to let their contracts run and not have cashed out. The 30-40 million we could have got for Morelos, kamara, Kent will likely be no more than 3.

It’s cost us this and very likely next years title.  It could have funded a decent 7-8 player rebuild. The gap is so big now it may have cost us even more. All the while across the city they have cashed in on anyone who wants away, even average players like Juranovic for 10 million. 

Now we have nobody of value over 5 million left. And still shopping in the same pish markets.

We’re a circus, fans deserve so much better than this amateurism 

That's my underlying emotion about the situation here. We should have been discussing both players contracts from Jan22 onwards. Irrespective of the Euro run last season, they should have been told, "sign in the summer or get your agents to find somewhere else".  I get Morelos was injured but they'd have found clubs and we would have been easy to deal with.  Forgetting prior values, even if we had gotten in (for argument's sake) £5m each, that's £10m to invest in the team we now don't have (we'd no doubt have wasted it anyway).  Fans may have spewed at the idea of both leaving for that sort of value, but we simply have to learn getting money in to reinvest is so much better than allowing players to run down contracts.  Juranovic across the city is the prime example of what we need to be doing more of.  Whilst neither of ours featured in a WC like him, they had done well in the Euro runs so I doubt finding a buyer would have been particularly difficult for a decent agent.

If the board had explained last summer, neither Kent nor Morelos wanted to resign so we had to sell and recoup money, I doubt many fans would have been critical of the selling decision, they may not have liked the £££ but if other players were brought in as a result then we have to accept we need this money to improve the team as there's none from anywhere else to spend. 

It's the mismanagement that scunners me more than the two players that have clearly checked out. In saying that, get them to fuck away from the team now. 

As much as I want to see Morelos and Kent leave now, I want to add one thing  about Morelos. I’ve never seen such a concentrated attempt by the rest of the teams in Scotland, the Football authorities and the press here to try to drive out and demonise a player as much as the one perpetrated on Morelos. When he was doing well with us, the attacks on him were outrageous. Players mobbing refs for every foul, opposition fans making banners about his mother, borderline racist press articles. They tried to drive him out of Scottish football. 

I still feel our club Never defended him enough or indeed attacked the abuse he was getting. And that I think was shocking a grave dereliction of duty by the club. 

Forgetting all the points about selling him in his prime, I’ve wondered a couple of times whether the drop off in his form in the league has anything to do with the constant attacks he was subjected to. The day he got sent off at Parkhead I always thought he was done with the game here. Just looked as if enough was enough.

Whatever the reasons, he’s not performed as well as we know he can this past season or so, and it’s time for a parting of the ways. I’ll not be sorry to see him go now, but I will remember how a good striker for us terrifies Scottish football.

4 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

As much as I want to see Morelos and Kent leave now, I want to add one thing  about Morelos. I’ve never seen such a concentrated attempt by the rest of the teams in Scotland, the Football authorities and the press here to try to drive out and demonise a player as much as the one perpetrated on Morelos. When he was doing well with us, the attacks on him were outrageous. Players mobbing refs for every foul, opposition fans making banners about his mother, borderline racist press articles. They tried to drive him out of Scottish football. 

I still feel our club Never defended him enough or indeed attacked the abuse he was getting. And that I think was shocking a grave dereliction of duty by the club. 

Forgetting all the points about selling him in his prime, I’ve wondered a couple of times whether the drop off in his form in the league has anything to do with the constant attacks he was subjected to. The day he got sent off at Parkhead I always thought he was done with the game here. Just looked as if enough was enough.

Whatever the reasons, he’s not performed as well as we know he can this past season or so, and it’s time for a parting of the ways. I’ll not be sorry to see him go now, but I will remember how a good striker for us terrifies Scottish football.

Yeh totally fair. Hasn’t helped himself but nor have we helped him either.

CCv yesterday another prime example. Stands over him after fouling and has a niggle trying to provoke him. Yet the referee runs towards Morelos. And none of our players do anything about it