Uefa Euro 2024 Qualifiers

5 hours ago, chris182 said:

Watching that tonight gave me PTSD btw. What a place the Cartuja would have been if we'd held our nerve last year. 

Shite walk back to town afterwards too.

Think about it often. Brilliant day, ahead in the game and all I could do was say please over and over again in my head after Aribo scored. 
The end of the game and that walk back in silence was gutting. Fucking long walk it was too. 
Never watched Manchester back and I’ll never watch Seville either. 

8 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Doubt it, Norway are far worse at the back than we are. Plus couldn’t a defeat against Norway put them in trouble?

Especially if we beat Georgia then don’t take the last game seriously.

You’re probably right, but I think they’ll need to show a bit more real intent than last night.

I thought they played like a team who just needed to knock it around and it ‘would happen’.

Obviously it did, in the end, but not before they’d had a real fright!

Seems what happened is:

1. VAR said it was offside (not a foul) but believed he was interfering with keeper and wanted the ref to check if he indeed was interfering with the keeper

2. Ref appears to have thought he was called over to assess if there was a foul on the keeper (he wasn't) and laughably concluded that there was a foul (gave a direct free kick and and didn't do the usual offside signal)

Ultimately the right decision has probably made in terms of the goal being disallowed but a laughable process and amusing that the ref concluded there was a foul. Just shows you when a ref is called over to the monitor he has basically already made his mind up and will always go with VAR, as there's zero chance he truly believed that was a foul.

23 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Ireland and Northern Ireland have had some fall over the last few years 

ROI have always been a bit on and off. We have just reverted back to how we have always been other than that golden era we had in recent years of Davis, Evans, Brunt, Lafferty, McGinn, Hughes, Healy etc 

We aren’t going to regularly churn players out of that standard in a country this size. It’s actually mind blowing that the biggest chunk of the side were genuinely Northern Irish then too and not all blow in’s from England like they are now 

The political aspect of the sides in that we can lose talent to the Republic is always going to hinder us aswell 

14 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

ROI have always been a bit on and off. We have just reverted back to how we have always been other than that golden era we had in recent years of Davis, Evans, Brunt, Lafferty, McGinn, Hughes, Healy etc 

We aren’t going to regularly churn players out of that standard in a country this size. It’s actually mind blowing that the biggest chunk of the side were genuinely Northern Irish then too and not all blow in’s from England like they are now 

The political aspect of the sides in that we can lose talent to the Republic is always going to hinder us aswell 

Just looked through the last NI squad, that’s really grim looking tbf. Couple of good youth players though, well based on what I’ve read. Same with ROI.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Just looked through the last NI squad, that’s really grim looking tbf. Couple of good youth players though, well based on what I’ve read. Same with ROI.

Aye ticket sales are right down again like they used to be years ago aswell. They were like gold dust for about 10 years or so there when we peaked reaching the euros etc 

Can get tickets to practically all the games again now 

6 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Even the golden generation were probably punching well above their weight too.