CEO fans forum tonight

8 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I think the investment (on original costing) was a wise move. Not just for return purposes, but like I said for the others. 

It sadly has now cost us so much that it’ll take decades to pay it off, but like you say that wasn’t to be known. 

A pain in the arse if we’re honest. 

I think it’s now quite clear that we’re being driven by someone who wants to get more fans through the turnstiles, get them onside and thus maximise profit. That couldn’t be said for the previous incumbents. 

This isn’t me saying Bisgrove is the dogs bollox BTW.

If we do make a million a year from Ed house, it goes towards our overall revenue which allows us to spend more on FFP, even though we took out loans to pay it etc, the revenue counts for FFP which given our resource requirement, is very helpful

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’ve no issue with any of the revenue generating upgrades we have done tbh.

The BSL seems to do a roaring trade.

The partnership with Gordon Ramsey is fantastic.

The sports bar is a great idea.

The museum - hopefully we get it right.

My worry with Ed House is that we were that far down the road with it certain folk at club ploughed ahead with it to save face no matter the cost. 

On your last point, I think you’re right, but I also think it would have been hugely  embarrassing if we did pull out when the work had already started. 

But I appreciate you know a bit more about this stuff than me and if it could have been pulled beforehand.

Do you think it could have been?

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If we do make a million a year from Ed house, it goes towards our overall revenue which allows us to spend more on FFP, even though we took out loans to pay it etc, the revenue counts for FFP which given our resource requirement, is very helpful

Think the point is though if it was costing £8 million for 2600 seats then there is absolutely no doubt that would bring in more revenue than Ed house.

The penalties for not completing NEH would have been less than the construction inflation costs but the problem the club had in starting the project and buying materials in advance meant this was the cheapest they were ever going to be able to construct it, bit of bad timing tbh.

Big question would be is when did they last run a cost feasibility study on the stadium expansion plans for accuracy, what contingency have they allowed for inflation etc

Just now, ayro said:

The penalties for not completing NEH would have been less than the construction inflation costs but the problem the club had in starting the project and buying materials in advance meant this was the cheapest they were ever going to be able to construct it, bit of bad timing tbh.

Big question would be is when did they last run a cost feasibility study on the stadium expansion plans for accuracy, what contingency have they allowed for inflation etc

Stadium expansion plans have been now in pipeline for a while.

The Sports bar and Stadium upgrades (toilets etc) were just tendered for very recently.

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Think the point is though if it was costing £8 million for 2600 seats then there is absolutely no doubt that would bring in more revenue than Ed house.

Agree that it would bring more revenue in overall and quicker, however whatever plan they chose will lead to some form of reduced capacity during the construction period that would need to be offset which maybe we can’t afford in the short term.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

2600 seats at £500 a seat gets us £1.3M per season so not a million miles off the £1M we are looking for for Ed House.

Also doubt any work to increase the capacity is going to be done over the summer so we would be looking at a short term hit on matchday income while works were progressing.

Expanding the stadium is 100% the right thing to be looking but the numbers they are talking about is probably a once in a generation type investment so it has to be done right and we have to maximise the number we add. All of that probably causes the capacity to be temporarily dropped by more and by longer than just quickly bunging in 1300 under the screens.

Bonus of the way we have done it is we now have Edminston House bringing us additional revenue so that should help soften then blow of any reduction in income if we start work on the stadium.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Stadium expansion plans have been now in pipeline for a while.

The Sports bar and Stadium upgrades (toilets etc) were just tendered for very recently.

That’s my fear on the expansion plans as the first I seen them was pre-Covid but can’t remember the indicative costs associated.

If they are out as much as NEH it would be a financial disaster.

1 minute ago, ayro said:

Agree that it would bring more revenue in overall and quicker, however whatever plan they chose will lead to some form of reduced capacity during the construction period that would need to be offset which maybe we can’t afford in the short term.

Agree but long term, bums on seats is making more money than Ed House ever will.

Just now, ayro said:

That’s my fear on the expansion plans as the first I seen them was pre-Covid but can’t remember the indicative costs associated.

If they are out as much as NEH it would be a financial disaster.

The feasibility plans for stadium expansion were last year.

2 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

2600 seats at £500 a seat gets us £1.3M per season so not a million miles off the £1M we are looking for for Ed House.

Also doubt any work to increase the capacity is going to be done over the summer so we would be looking at a short term hit on matchday income while works were progressing.

Expanding the stadium is 100% the right thing to be looking but the numbers they are talking about is probably a once in a generation type investment so it has to be done right and we have to maximise the number we add. All of that probably causes the capacity to be temporarily dropped by more and by longer than just quickly bunging in 1300 under the screens.

Bonus of the way we have done it is we now have Edminston House bringing us additional revenue so that should help soften then blow of any reduction in income if we start work on the stadium.

Unless the venue part of Ed House gets going, i’d suspect The BSL would generate more revenue.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Agree but long term, bums on seats is making more money than Ed House ever will.

Stadium expansion is definitely the way ahead, with a legitimate focus on safe standing.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Can’t see how it happens now unless we get 2/3 year CL money on the bounce.

Unless there’s external investment.

External investment for that type of project would probably involve a naming rights scenario which would be a hard sell.

Or a very generous bear with a shit load of spare cash.

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Nah I think it was last year. They'd been talking about it for ages prior to it actually getting done though.

As I said I am pretty sure I seen something earlier than that of 3 options, sinking the pitch, filling the corners and think it was doing something to extend the SJ rear like a low, medium and high cost plan.

It would make sense for it to have moved on now they are committing to the disabled facilities, which are long overdue.

Things are going in the right direction with stadium experience hopefully.

when I was last in Madrid I did the bernebeu tour, went round the stadium trophy room etc , bought a top and some other stuff out the gift shop and as it was pre season they had a cafe built up on the seats on a platform thing so had some lunch , must have spent nearly €150 euros that day so I can see the direction we are going in , Scotland has a big tourist industry and we need to take advantage of it 

37 minutes ago, ayro said:

External investment for that type of project would probably involve a naming rights scenario which would be a hard sell.

Or a very generous bear with a shit load of spare cash.

Yeah I had had that thought. Don’t know how I would feel if we say signed a 10 year contract which covered the costs of the expansion.

I think I could just about live with it as long is it still had Ibrox in the name as realistically spending that kind of cash on the stadium would cripple us financially in terms of player sales.

As you say only other way would be to fund it through loans from generous bears but then we would probably be paying it back for years with even low interest would negate the benefit of doing it really.