CEO fans forum tonight

Four Lads Had A Dream

@4ladshadadream

Interesting evening at the fan engagement forum There has been a massive sea change in attitude around the club and from not communicating they have become accountable and accessible to the fans The attitude, to safe standing, to stadium development, to singing sections is no longer ‘We can’t do this, so just ignore’ and is now ‘How can we do this and when, let’s update the fans also’. Seems to be a serious change from boardroom down throughout the club. Some of the appointments, Josh Hollywood, David Milburn, John Spiers, John McFarlane are a breath of fresh air and attitude is fans first. We’ll see how this all progresses but for the first time in several years I’m positive about the club off the park. Even from a Fans blog point of view, a number of interviews and fan engagement lined up to share on the platform with keys heads of departments around the club. Attitude is absolutely let’s talk to the support. What ultimately happens on the park is number one priority, I expect 1-2 signings in the door in the next week with more to come so plenty to look forward too. Still a lot more work required. Credit to all at the club for an engaging open evening.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Expanding the stadium really doesn’t bother me in all honesty.

I would like it from the point of view that I believe the biggest club in Scotland should have the biggest ground, but I don’t necessarily think it is required because of the current ST waiting list.

I have said it previously but I fully expect the demand for ST’s to drop again when we return to routinely winning league titles. The demand we currently have was never there before 2012 when we were regularly winning domestic silverware.

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I would like it from the point of view that I believe the biggest club in Scotland should have the biggest ground, but I don’t necessarily think it is required because of the current ST waiting list.

I have said it previously but I fully expect the demand for ST’s to drop again when we return to routinely winning league titles. The demand we currently have was never there before 2012 when we were regularly winning domestic silverware.

Would agree with all that tbh. Won’t look great when we draw the likes of QOTS/Dundee at home in the cup again and the attendance is 30/35k like this season either imo

31 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Four Lads Had A Dream

@4ladshadadream

Interesting evening at the fan engagement forum There has been a massive sea change in attitude around the club and from not communicating they have become accountable and accessible to the fans The attitude, to safe standing, to stadium development, to singing sections is no longer ‘We can’t do this, so just ignore’ and is now ‘How can we do this and when, let’s update the fans also’. Seems to be a serious change from boardroom down throughout the club. Some of the appointments, Josh Hollywood, David Milburn, John Spiers, John McFarlane are a breath of fresh air and attitude is fans first. We’ll see how this all progresses but for the first time in several years I’m positive about the club off the park. Even from a Fans blog point of view, a number of interviews and fan engagement lined up to share on the platform with keys heads of departments around the club. Attitude is absolutely let’s talk to the support. What ultimately happens on the park is number one priority, I expect 1-2 signings in the door in the next week with more to come so plenty to look forward too. Still a lot more work required. Credit to all at the club for an engaging open evening.

Lol

I'd definitely go for the 2 corners filled in for the additional 2600 seats  The quicker option for a quicker payback, smaller outlay.

I'd like to see what the costs were for New Ed House.  A two storey rectangular box  is not a difficult construction.  Even allowing for increased material costs the reputed £11  million figure seems ridiculously high.

I was there last night. Personally I felt it took too long on the committee introducing themselves and possibly held back questions from the floor. 
hopefully the next one they can take some more questions. 
I was hoping to ask something about Sydney cup but as it’s still a live case decided it wasn’t worth queuing to be told they couldn’t answer. 
Good to see Eskbank last night also. 

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Four Lads Had A Dream

@4ladshadadream

:lol: 

8 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Four Lads Had A Dream

@4ladshadadream

Just like I said, brown nosing.

9 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I'd definitely go for the 2 corners filled in for the additional 2600 seats  The quicker option for a quicker payback, smaller outlay.

I'd like to see what the costs were for New Ed House.  A two storey rectangular box  is not a difficult construction.  Even allowing for increased material costs the reputed £11  million figure seems ridiculously high.

If I could turn the clock back I wouldn't pay into the Edmiston package, £150 for what, a chance to buy a pre sale ticket to visit the museum.

On 21/06/2023 at 11:31, Bydo said:

I don’t get the level of hate for him to be honest.

He does a far better job as someone who disseminates information than our actual fan liaison officer, and as far as I can tell, never really says or does anything controversial.

I do accept he’s sooked right up the arse of the board though and that’s why he always gets invites to these things, but some of the folk viscerally detest him. Jealousy ripping out of them in all likelihood.

Someone being slightly better than the oxygen thief that is our SLO is faint praise.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

And people wonder why he doesn’t even attempt to come on here anymore.

Poor little lamb. Did the big bad boys say some harsh words to him.

12 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Pains me to say it but I agree, 2011 I got a half season ticket no bother in Govan rear, couldn't tell you last time they even sold them

12 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I agree with filling the corners as the ground needs to bigger to cope with the demand

However going with the quick cheap fix is not the answer - We should be doing it properly to maximise the capacity, I know it’s more cash but it needs done

EH has been a shambles

1 - It’s to small

2 - Should have incorporated the ticket office inside it

3 - Still very little for families/kids etc to do pre game to draw them to the ground - Fine if u just want a beer

Always fucking said we should get rid of those big TVs. It's a waste of space. Fill it in. Many stadiums have large screens just hanging down but we have two entire corners for the displays. It's like other stadiums have flat screen TVs and we're stuck with old fucking CRT tvs. Fill in the corners and hang some screens down even it means some restricted viewing seats.

Plenty of people said about lowering the pitch but I thought it couldn't be done?

It's a tough situation. We need to invest money into the first team to start winning again. But if we increase capacity it increases the money we make. I guess we just need to look at it as a long term investment. It'll pay for itself over time. If we can get the money to fund the 1st team AND upgrade ibrox then definitely go for it.

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why have we got screens anyway?

They serve actually no purpose whatsoever.  

I suspect that one of the biggest reasons is advertising.

As much as they serve no real purpose during matches, they do serve purpose before games, and at HT when videos are played, such as tributes when our dearest pass away.

As well as anything else, we live in a multimedia world and we can’t call ourselves a forward thinking modern club with ‘best in class’ facilities if we don’t even have the most rudimentary of video playback ability.