CEO fans forum tonight

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Need them now for VAR. original install was more about advertising and a mis-placed belief they could sell thousands of tickets for beambacks for a regular basis 

Why do we need them for VAR? Old Trafford and Anfield don’t have screens.

5 hours ago, Bydo said:

I suspect that one of the biggest reasons is advertising.

As much as they serve no real purpose during matches, they do serve purpose before games, and at HT when videos are played, such as tributes when our dearest pass away.

As well as anything else, we live in a multimedia world and we can’t call ourselves a forward thinking modern club with ‘best in class’ facilities if we don’t even have the most rudimentary of video playback ability. 

All the fat cunts leave 10mins before half time so they can get their pies in before they have to stand in a Q for 7 mins. 
They don’t see the pish on the screens at half time. 

56 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Why do we need them for VAR? Old Trafford and Anfield don’t have screens.

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You don’t need them for VAR. 

SPFL want clubs to have screens so fans can be updated. Think every club in the Premiership has installed some for of screens for that purpose.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

SPFL want clubs to have screens so fans can be updated. Think every club in the Premiership has installed some for of screens for that purpose.

Updated? I don’t need to look at a massive screen to tell me there’s a VAR check. The Ref let’s me know

Plus they could run it along the digital advertising boards or indeed the score board if there’s a check.  

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Updated? I don’t need to look at a massive screen to tell me there’s a VAR check. The Ref let’s me know

Plus they could run it along the digital advertising boards or indeed the score board if there’s a check.  

They could - they don’t though for some reason. 

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

I haven’t been in a top flight ground since we got promoted back up. Do all of them have screens ? 

15 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why have we got screens anyway?

They serve actually no purpose whatsoever.  

Murray had the grand idea of beaming away games back, thinking we'd sell stands out for away game

By end of it he was giving free tickets to schools just to fill the place and hopefully make money on food etc

On 23/06/2023 at 07:33, Jimbeamjunior said:

Murray had the grand idea of beaming away games back, thinking we'd sell stands out for away game

By end of it he was giving free tickets to schools just to fill the place and hopefully make money on food etc

We went to quite a few at the start, but the novelty wore off quickly.