Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

3 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Beale dropped 9pts out of 21 this season, fucking horrific and imagine the state of us had he been kept on

So out of 7 games Beale dropped 9 points and that's fucking horrific?

We've picked up 11 points out of our last 21 so we've dropped 10...take it that's not horrific?

Not a defense of Beale btw as he was a coach at best, not a manger, should never have been a manager especially at Rangers but the idea that Beale was some fraud and Clement is a genius is quickly disappearing 

Beale was fucking shite, so shite we shouldn’t even be comparing him to anything. We wouldn’t have got a single thing out of this season and might not even have finished 2nd if he stayed in the job much longer. Clement came in and like Beale last season initially done brilliantly 

However, it doesn’t take a genius to see Clement has been serving up total dross recently. He might have dross to choose from but he ain’t exactly adapting or making the best of it. Same system constantly no matter whether it’s working or whether we even have the right players to fit into it available. The lineup he sent out on Saturday was laughable as is his love for Lundstram 

6 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

We've picked up 11 points out of our last 21 so we've dropped 10...take it that's not horrific?

Not a defense of Beale btw as he was a coach at best, not a manger, should never have been a manager especially at Rangers but the idea that Beale was some fraud and Clement is a genius is quickly disappearing 

Beale was and is a fraud proven by his next club and what he did to ours.

Clement has worked a miracle with what he has, we're still ravaged by injuries now.

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Beale was fucking shite, so shite we shouldn’t even be comparing him to anything. We wouldn’t have got a single thing out of this season and might not even have finished 2nd if he stayed in the job much longer. Clement came in and like Beale last season initially done brilliantly 

However, it doesn’t take a genius to see Clement has been serving up total dross recently. He might have dross to choose from but he ain’t exactly adapting or making the best of it. Same system constantly no matter whether it’s working or whether we even have the right players to fit into it available. The lineup he sent out on Saturday was laughable as is his love for Lundstram 

What system you wanting that would work with what we have?

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

O’Riley and Forest were literally having shooting practice at our goal for a large period of the first half. 

If it weren’t for Butland that game easily could have ended about 5–1. Souttar near put through our net too in the first 3 minutes of the game, Kyogo should have scored and they had a penalty saved

Butland may aswell have been playing them on his own 

Yet Phil says we were good for 70 :lol:

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Clement has worked a miracle with what he has, we're still ravaged by injuries now.

Beale was a fraud, 100% agree, talked a good game and could do a good interview apparently, clearly it worked with us and Sunderland

This idea that Clement has worked a miracle though is fucking nuts. He done well when he arrived, got us back to basics and we got results, pretty similar to what Beale/Gio did btw, both started really well.

Hes then tried to instill his own tactics on the players and its went to fuck very quickly, we really are a horrible team to watch, its fine when we grind out the results because as fans that's all we want but that's all its been since new year (Hearts aside). Horrible long ball football and rely on individuals to produce something 

The only reason we're anywhere near them this season is the fact they've dropped a lot more points than usual to the rest of the shite in the league, if it wasn't for them taking points they'd be 10/15 ahead easily.

8 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Beale was a fraud, 100% agree, talked a good game and could do a good interview apparently, clearly it worked with us and Sunderland

This idea that Clement has worked a miracle though is fucking nuts. He done well when he arrived, got us back to basics and we got results, pretty similar to what Beale/Gio did btw, both started really well.

Hes then tried to instill his own tactics on the players and its went to fuck very quickly, we really are a horrible team to watch, its fine when we grind out the results because as fans that's all we want but that's all its been since new year (Hearts aside). Horrible long ball football and rely on individuals to produce something 

The only reason we're anywhere near them this season is the fact they've dropped a lot more points than usual to the rest of the shite in the league, if it wasn't for them taking points they'd be 10/15 ahead easily.

Yes and injuries built up and the shite squad built buy the previous two is all he has to work with.

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

This will be no quick fix.

2 scenarios -

1) We gut the squad a la scum after we won 55.

We’ve got 10 new players and we’re sat here, May 25, telling ourselves ‘we need time to gel’.

2) We take the more likely option and get 4 or 5 new first pick players.

And we stick them next to 6 or 7 lumps of wood, and we’re hoping a bit of magic is going to rub off on them.

I think we’re going to need more patience than we’re famed for.

4 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Yes and injuries built up and the shite squad built buy the previous two is all he has to work with.

Mate surely you see the argument that he intentionally has us playing industrial hoof the ball football.

That can’t just be about who he has at his disposal, he was doing it when Sima etc. were fit and available too.

He has Lundstram pick the ball off the centre halves and playing long balls up to Dessers or to the channels, there’s little playing through teams.

Possibly contributing factors to why several players have been worse than you’d expect - Cantwell, Diomande etc.

GK - Butland, McCrorie
RB - Tavernier, Sterling
LB - Yilmaz(not fully fit), Barasic
CB - Souttar, Davies, King
CM - Lundstram, Diomande, Raskin, Dowell
AM - Cantwell(mouthing off on Socials during week), Lawrence
LW - Silva
RW - McCausland, Wright
ST - Dessers, Roofe

Would like anyone to explain how you build a team to beat the tims without them playing badly?

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Mate surely you see the argument that he intentionally has us playing industrial hoof the ball football.

That can’t just be about who he has at his disposal, he was doing it when Sima etc. were fit and available too.

He has Lundstram pick the ball off the centre halves and playing long balls up to Dessers or to the channels, there’s little playing through teams.

Possibly contributing factors to why several players have been worse than you’d expect - Cantwell, Diomande etc.

We've played through Cantwell before and he has shite, he actively got in Matondos way one game just so he could be more involved.

Of course it's to do with who is at his disposal, we tried to play through the middle against them last time and our players shit themselves under any sort of press.

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

We've played through Cantwell before and he has shite, he actively got in Matondos way one game just so he could be more involved.

Of course it's to do with who is at his disposal, we tried to play through the middle against them last time and our players shit themselves under any sort of press.

Mate multiple managers have talked about us being a direct team - McInnes last week, Rodgers has said it multiple times.

It wasn’t just yesterday.

8 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I don't expect him to have us playing amazing football with the squad he has, far from it but I also don't expect the absolute collapse we've seen the last 6/7 weeks. We were odds on favorites a few weeks ago for the title and since then we've fallen apart & are 6 points behind...

We're playing terrible football, got dominated by Ross fucking County (no exaggeration) & he's stubborn to a fault, even if he'd went 5-4-1 Walter esque yesterday it would've been better, at least try something else. If we're giving him credit for getting us back to winning ways when he came in then he takes the flack for the mess we're in just now, can't be 1 or the other.

We're hoping this guy & his staff can build a title winning team on pennies (4.5 million he's earmarked for Diomande btw) against a mob that have pumped him every time & now have a massive chunk of change in the bank after we've handed them yet another title. 

30 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I don't expect him to have us playing amazing football with the squad he has, far from it but I also don't expect the absolute collapse we've seen the last 6/7 weeks. We were odds on favorites a few weeks ago for the title and since then we've fallen apart & are 6 points behind...

We're playing terrible football, got dominated by Ross fucking County (no exaggeration) & he's stubborn to a fault, even if he'd went 5-4-1 Walter esque yesterday it would've been better, at least try something else. If we're giving him credit for getting us back to winning ways when he came in then he takes the flack for the mess we're in just now, can't be 1 or the other.

We're hoping this guy & his staff can build a title winning team on pennies (4.5 million he's earmarked for Diomande btw) against a mob that have pumped him every time & now have a massive chunk of change in the bank after we've handed them yet another title. 

He's stubborn to a fault as he's not got any players he can change until the Summer. Pumped? Away to bed now I know you're making stuff up to make you're shite point.

41 minutes ago, HG5 said:

This will be no quick fix.

2 scenarios -

1) We gut the squad a la scum after we won 55.

We’ve got 10 new players and we’re sat here, May 25, telling ourselves ‘we need time to gel’.

2) We take the more likely option and get 4 or 5 new first pick players.

And we stick them next to 6 or 7 lumps of wood, and we’re hoping a bit of magic is going to rub off on them.

I think we’re going to need more patience than we’re famed for.

Two is what they did after 55, 4 or 5 first team quality players make a huge difference to that team. Some of our players aren't getting better but they can have a part to play next to higher quality players.

2 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

What system you wanting that would work with what we have?

We have no wide players available bar McCausland and Wright and yet we’re still shoe horning people out wide 

We should’ve packed the middle of the park on Saturday, narrow 4-3-1-2 formation. All the players able to play in their preferred position and could’ve given us a fighting chance in midfield. If we’ve no wide players back for the cup final that’s how we should be starting but we already know nothing will change 

Would that work? I don’t know but I know what won’t work is doing the same thing against them we’ve done from the start of the last 3 OF games and expecting a different result 

23 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

We have no wide players available bar McCausland and Wright and yet we’re still shoe horning people out wide 

We should’ve packed the middle of the park on Saturday, narrow 4-3-1-2 formation. All the players able to play in their preferred position and could’ve given us a fighting chance in midfield. If we’ve no wide players back for the cup final that’s how we should be starting but we already know nothing will change 

Would that work? I don’t know but I know what won’t work is doing the same thing against them we’ve done from the start of the last 3 OF games and expecting a different result 

No it wouldn't, see Beale.

4 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

A miracle you can't be fucking serious? 3 wins in 8 games. Mental old firm selections and shit results. Similar gap to when he took over despite celtic being extremely poor. No style of play. I'd probably give him a 5 out of 10 fair play winning the league cup and at the start he did very well, but miracles? You must have very low demands.

42 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

A miracle you can't be fucking serious? 3 wins in 8 games. Mental old firm selections and shit results. Similar gap to when he took over despite celtic being extremely poor. No style of play. I'd probably give him a 5 out of 10 fair play winning the league cup and at the start he did very well, but miracles? You must have very low demands.

5 out of 10, I’m remembering why I usually ignore your posts.

6 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Dont recall beale playing the tarriers twice when he dropped 9pts

3 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Great idea, have the two biggest shitebags in our team alone out wide themselves

What could go wrong 

3 hours ago, GA1972 said:

So let Maeda and Forest have even more room than they had on Saturday down the wings?

Beale ruined us completely by removing our width. That lot as shite as they have been this season are too balanced at full strength for us to risk removing whatever width we can muster up

6 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Yes, and you remove him then it's not going to make much difference and people would be cursing Clement for starting Wright/McCausland.

Why would I be cursing the selection of McCausland when I told you before kick off that's who I'd play right wing to accommodate the priority of a midfield 3 including Sterling?

We didn't lose because of the right position we lost because our structure and several players allowed midfield to be dominated. 

If we'd only the same players available for the cup final would you pick the same team and system? Would you expect a different outcome?

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Why would I be cursing the selection of McCausland when I told you before kick off that's who I'd play right wing to accommodate the priority of a midfield 3 including Sterling?

We didn't lose because of the right position we lost because our structure and several players allowed midfield to be dominated. 

If we'd only the same players available for the cup final would you pick the same team and system? Would you expect a different outcome?

Thats it , this isnt just people having a moan in hindsight or pretending we have great options to choose from but , picking that same team/formation meant the result was so fucking predictable its unreal