Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

4 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Jim has been choking for us to play 3-5-2 for about a decade now :lol:

No surprise given who are fullbacks have been the last fucking decade or so lol

Never seen us so shitebaggery and weak at the back since PLG thought fairies could handle scottish football lol

12 hours ago, GA1972 said:

We have no wide players available bar McCausland and Wright and yet we’re still shoe horning people out wide 

We should’ve packed the middle of the park on Saturday, narrow 4-3-1-2 formation. All the players able to play in their preferred position and could’ve given us a fighting chance in midfield. If we’ve no wide players back for the cup final that’s how we should be starting but we already know nothing will change 

Would that work? I don’t know but I know what won’t work is doing the same thing against them we’ve done from the start of the last 3 OF games and expecting a different result 

He seems to want to keep the 2 wingers and 1 up top in his system which was pretty baffling on Saturday when going down to 10 considering he could have just put Sterling in the middle or brought Raskin on for Souttar and put Sterling centre back and went 4-3-2 for the 1st 15 minutes of the 2nd half, Throwing Mccausland into that game was never going to work.

9 hours ago, HG5 said:

Just have to make sure we hang on to the right ones!

Hard to tell which ones would do better if only they had a bit more quality alongside them.

Barring an unrealistic Clearout.

GK - Butland

RB - Tav, Sterling(Also CM)

LB - Yilmaz, Jefte?

CB - Souttar, Balogun or Davies

CM - Diomande, Raskin, Cantwell or Lawrence

W - Matondo, McCausland

CF - Danilo, Dessers

You add a 1st choice CB, a holding midfielder, attacking midfielder, 2 wingers and another CF and that squad although not perfect looks a lot better.

17 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Barring an unrealistic Clearout.

GK - Butland

RB - Tav, Sterling(Also CM)

LB - Yilmaz, Jefte?

CB - Souttar, Balogun or Davies

CM - Diomande, Raskin, Cantwell or Lawrence

W - Matondo, McCausland

CF - Danilo, Dessers

You add a 1st choice CB, a holding midfielder, attacking midfielder, 2 wingers and another CF and that squad although not perfect looks a lot better.

Need more than 1 centre half, davies is done here, balogun fitness is unreliable and souttar is a bombscare at the worst possible times 

3 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Need more than 1 centre half, davies is done here, balogun fitness is unreliable and souttar is a bombscare at the worst possible times 

More being realistic in that I doubt anyone comes in for Davies or Matondo.

Balogun or Davies would be ok as 4th choice. Meant to put that Cordoba in if he is signing.

More the point I was making is we are only 5 or 6 away from having a team that could win the title.

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

So he watched the game back and wouldn’t have changed the midfield he started with.

Fucking hell.

What’s the change we could make? I don’t really think other than cantwell for Lawrence you change that 

7 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

What’s the change we could make? I don’t really think other than cantwell for Lawrence you change that 

He’s clearly told Cantwell he’s not going to be here next season. Doesn’t rate him 

11 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Cantwell for Lawrence. Flat 3 with Raskin or Sterling in there. Diomande in the 10 if he’s intent on playing one and won’t play Cantwell, with Sterling alongside Lundstram.

Everyone called Lawrence not having the legs and so it proved.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Cantwell for Lawrence. Flat 3 with Raskin or Sterling in there. Diomande in the 10 if he’s intent on playing one and won’t play Cantwell with Sterling alongside Lundstram.

Everyone called Lawrence not having the legs and so it proved.

Mate Raskin isn’t good enough or fit enough to be in there, neither is Lawrence both of them would’ve been criminal

sterling should’ve been central 

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

More being realistic in that I doubt anyone comes in for Davies or Matondo.

Balogun or Davies would be ok as 4th choice. Meant to put that Cordoba in if he is signing.

More the point I was making is we are only 5 or 6 away from having a team that could win the title.

We desperately need Davies out the door, 4th choice centre half on 20-odd grand a week??? Same goes for Rabbi - hope Koppen has excellent powers of persuasion.

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

Please don't. I've got the fear that it's already done.

I think it is. I’ve said for awhile but I think he would be our captain if it were up to Phil and Tav wasn’t here 

14 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

That's it exactly, he could only do so much with who he had at his disposal so he really didn't have much of a choice. 

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Mate Raskin isn’t good enough or fit enough to be in there, neither is Lawrence both of them would’ve been criminal

sterling should’ve been central 

I’d have played Cantwell and gone for it but something must have happened behind the scenes.

If he didn’t want to do that then Sterling had to be in there. I like Lawrence but he’s not the player he was and starting him again after how badly it went the last time killed us from the start. 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I think it is. I’ve said for awhile but I think he would be our captain if it were up to Phil and Tav wasn’t here 

All the noises seem to be that he's away, including from fan media too. He cannot be here next season. He absolutely cannot be.