Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He's a good player, I agree. He's still scored 3 goals in 14 games, and him being better than Shankland is debatable. I don't think he is.

He's playing in a hoaching team that barely make any chances, it's a miracle he's scored so many as it is, something was always gonna give, his scoring rate with the little he had to work with is wild.

Shankland wouldn't last 3 months here.before he's public enemy number one, he's about a stone and a half over weight, he can't run and his work rate is non existent, Naismith has built that while Hearts team round about him, but if he was here he'd be expected to put the kind of shift Dessers puts in and that'a just not gonna happen, he's a poor man's Kris Boyd.

He'll be 29 at the start of next season and he's only had two 20+ goal seasons as a top flight player, I don't think he gives us anything we could genuinely use, and if we blow another £4/5m on a 29 year old then it's just more dead money.

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Where's the replacement coming from and what should we expect from him?

I’ve been more critical than most lately and today, but we have no choice but to back him.

Today started like everyone knew it would with that line up.

We’re not bringing in a higher calibre and it will be someone like McInnes if Clement doesn’t work, have to go all in for now.

2 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Shankland has been the best striker in the league this season(including Kyogo) if we don't go for him it's negligence at this point. I don't even see how anyone can debate against signing him at this point 

Ship has sailed imo. He has plenty of shit games too where he does nothing. January or never.

5 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Shankland has been the best striker in the league this season(including Kyogo) if we don't go for him it's negligence at this point. I don't even see how anyone can debate against signing him at this point 

I like Shankland but I can’t see it happening. Clement is all about intensity and the press. Can’t see how Shankland fits into that and could cope doing that twice a week.

Doesn’t fit the player trading profile either. January was the time to gamble if it was going to happen.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Ship has sailed imo. He has plenty of shit games too where he does nothing. January or never.

Pretty much any player at our level will have those. If they didn't they wouldn't be near scottish football.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I’ve been more critical than most lately and today, but we have no choice but to back him.

Today started like everyone knew it would with that line up.

We’re not bringing in a higher calibre and it will be someone like McInnes if Clement doesn’t work, have to go all in for now.

I think if got McInnes in back in 2017 when we first wanted him, we would probably have more trophies in the cabinet than we do now and the tims wouldn't have had so many trebles, although I also think we'd be bored shitless for most of the season every year.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

If he stays at hearts I'd bet money on him outscoring whatever we bring in as a first choice striker.

Does he outscore Dessers taking away the penalties? Haven’t checked.

I think he’s a good player, better with the ball and better finisher than Dessers but that other poster’s right about him not being able to press.

Like Clement not fancying Cantwell I don’t think he’ll like that about Shankland.

6 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I think if got McInnes in back in 2017 when we first wanted him, we would probably have more trophies in the cabinet than we do now and the tims wouldn't have had so many trebles, although I also think we'd be bored shitless for most of the season every year.

Definitely agree with your latter point. Not sure about the former but could be right.

7 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

I like Shankland but I can’t see it happening. Clement is all about intensity and the press. Can’t see how Shankland fits into that and could cope doing that twice a week.

Doesn’t fit the player trading profile either. January was the time to gamble if it was going to happen.

Intensity and press…

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I think he’s a good player, better with the ball and better finisher than Dessers but that other posters are right about him not being able to press.

Like Clement not fancying Cantwell I don’t think he’ll like that about Shankland.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I think he’s a good player, better with the ball and better finisher than Dessers but that other poster’s right about him not being able to press.

Honest answer is don't know.

How many games a season will we have to press? 4x against them and in Europe? A bit more than that but you get my point. We'll dominate the vast majority of games we play and create chance after chance. Shankland and Danilo is a strong 2 to pick from depending on the situation imo.

5 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I was out today for the game, and heard a few of our fans saying they would take McInnes now. 

Personally I wouldn't. But had the pleasure of talking to the guy when Mccoist was managing us. Met him in a pub in Finnieston and spoke to him for a bit, he was brand new. 

5 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Honest answer is don't know.

How many games a season will we have to press? 4x against them and in Europe? A bit more than that but you get my point. We'll dominate the vast majority of games we play and create chance after chance. Shankland and Danilo is a strong 2 to pick from depending on the situation imo.

I get what you’re saying.

I wouldn’t be unhappy or over the moon if Shankland signed.

We have to find a midfield though from somewhere. They’ll hopefully lose O’Riley and possibly Hatate which will help, but our recruitment has to be better than theirs in that area of the pitch or I think they’ll probably continue to dominate these games.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We have to find a midfield though from somewhere. They’ll hopefully lose O’Riley and possibly Hatate which will help, but our recruitment has to be better than theirs in that area of the pitch or I think they’ll probably continue to dominate these games.

Yeah that's fair mate and I agree. 

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I've seen fuck all in Diamonde that says to me he's a player. Underwhelming so far. 

That's two Old firm games he's been lost. 

Something nobody has really been talking about is whether Clement’s backroom team is strong enough and what are they bringing to the table.

Beale’s was ridiculously poor and many called that even before things went disastrously wrong.

Don’t want to necessarily over emphasise it - couldn’t tell you how strong or not the coaches are at the big clubs in England or Europe for example, but is this something he needs to look at?

20 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Scored 4 more if you take both players’ penalties away

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Something nobody has really been talking about is whether Clement’s backroom team is strong enough and what are they bringing to the table.

Beale’s was ridiculously poor and many called that even before things went disastrously wrong.

Don’t want to necessarily over emphasise it - couldn’t tell you how strong or not the coaches are at the big clubs in England or Europe, but is this something he needs to look at?

Fuck the backroom team. What style of football is Clement trying to play? 

Bypass the midfield and be direct. It's been woeful recently.