Benfica travel plans

13 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Flights have shot up in price. Probably going to fly in and out of Faro

Was unreal how quick it went up. I know it normally does but flights were sitting at £56 for Faro-Edinburgh. Immediately after the draw I went to book & by the time I got through and put details in they wanted £256 

So we’re now.. 

Weds   Glasgow - Belfast - Faro

Fri        Faro - Stansted - Edinburgh 

£312 all in for the two of us. 

32 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Thats us booked up for Lisbon. Train to London then out to Gatwick for flight to Lisbon via Barcelona. 2 nights hotel then returning Friday Lisbon to Heathrow, then train back to Glasgow. All in for just under 450. Now all I need are tickets!

That was all sounding good mate, until the last sentence. Hope you get them. :thumbup:

24 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Flying Glasgow-Gatwick-Lisbon on the Wednesday then returning the same way on Friday.

I’m arriving back from a two week holiday in Antigua via Gatwick the day before so that’ll be some laugh :lol:

If that's the 6.55pm flight from Gatwick I looked at that but couldn't make it work as I'm in Chancery Lane until 5.30pm. There's a flight the next morning out of Heathrow but need to try and see if I can switch my return London leg till after the game so I don't have to fork out for another flight home

29 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Flying Glasgow-Gatwick-Lisbon on the Wednesday then returning the same way on Friday.

I’m arriving back from a two week holiday in Antigua via Gatwick the day before so that’ll be some laugh :lol:

Could you not stay in London overnight rather than go home to Glasgow?

19 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

If that's the 6.55pm flight from Gatwick I looked at that but couldn't make it work as I'm in Chancery Lane until 5.30pm. There's a flight the next morning out of Heathrow but need to try and see if I can switch my return London leg till after the game so I don't have to fork out for another flight home

Nah it’s the 16:30 one - I arrive into Gatwick at 8am so I’ve booked a lounge and will just work remotely there.

Got it for £300 in total which seems to be a good deal all things considered - the price went up by nearly £100 while I was booking it as well, cheeky bastards.

Heathrow flight is TAP I’m assuming? I also looked at them but it was just easier booking everything at once through the same carrier (easyJet/Dohop) rather than fiddling about on my phone like a maniac trying to get one booked after the other :lol:

21 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Nah it’s the 16:30 one - I arrive into Gatwick at 8am so I’ve booked a lounge and will just work remotely there.

Got it for £300 in total which seems to be a good deal all things considered - the price went up by nearly £100 while I was booking it as well, cheeky bastards.

Heathrow flight is TAP I’m assuming? I also looked at them but it was just easier booking everything at once through the same carrier (easyJet/Dohop) rather than fiddling about on my phone like a maniac trying to get one booked after the other :lol:

Fair

The prices spiked but they seem to have dropped a little again and settled around the £200-250 mark with TAP

BA has a perfect flight leaving Heathrow in the evening but it's £600 :lol:

On 25/02/2024 at 14:32, MattyBlue said:

Flying luton to Porto Thursday morning train to Lisbon

lisbon to heathrow back Friday evening 

Well this has gone tits up 😂

just found out my mate hasn’t booked it cos he had a hospital appointment today with the news determining if he was going next week or not… and it wasn’t good news

Iv got other people I know to meet up with over there and will put me up for the night in Lisbon so that’s fine 

just getting there is the ball ache now.. have the Thursday Friday off work, too late to book the Wednesday.

looking at flying to Barcelona Wednesday evening, staying in a hostel near the airport.. fly to Lisbon Thursday morning. Then Friday looking like a train to Faro to fly back to Luton 😴 

thanks for reading my sob story x