Tav's time is up.

5 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Oh aye no bother just sign a new captain now :confused:

I didn't realise we need to sign a captain from somewhere to replace our captain. I always thought you could give the captaincy to someone else in the squad.

Thanks for educating me.

Can no longer be deployed as a RB - He is contributing to us losing goals and his shakiness is spreading throughout the team

Play Tav at RW/RM and let him concentrate on attacking and scoring - Play Sterling at RB and let him grow into the role and make the position his long term

RW has been an issue for seasons - This let’s us play 2 of our better players without weakening the team

Just now, five stars said:

I didn't realise we need to sign a captain from somewhere to replace our captain. I always thought you could give the captaincy to someone else in the squad.

Thanks for educating me.

Dont think anyone in that squad is capable of captaining the club thats what I meant 

13 minutes ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Can no longer be deployed as a RB - He is contributing to us losing goals and his shakiness is spreading throughout the team

Play Tav at RW/RM and let him concentrate on attacking and scoring - Play Sterling at RB and let him grow into the role and make the position his long term

RW has been an issue for seasons - This let’s us play 2 of our better players without weakening the team

No! No! No!

He's not a right midfielder or right winger. It would be madness to play him further forward because he ain't good enough to play in his natural position. 

16 minutes ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

For the 500th time, Sterling is wasted as a full back 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

For the 500th time, Sterling is wasted as a full back 

100% agree not a long term option but until we, hopefully, bring one in the summer it is where he needs to play. 

Just now, bam74 said:

100% agree not a long term option but until we, hopefully, bring one in the summer it is where he needs to play. 

If he doesn’t play midfield or wide right from now until the end of the season the rest of the performances will be just as bad as that.

4 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Probably our best bet actually, whos our RB then?

Fuck sake man, that one's easy.

Sterling is now 24 years old. He's shown ability and commitment playing in midfield and done ok at LB considering he's on the wrong side.

He's quick, athletic and has a bit of fight about him. Right back is his preferred position. 

Potential he could be the next Bassey?

That's what's really pissing me off about Tav playing, we're actually holding back a player with a great future ahead of him by continuing to play him.

We need to give the full back jersey to Yilmaz and Sterling. Young, fast, athletic players with a bit of fight about them.

2 minutes ago, five stars said:

Explain?

The guys an absolute colossus in midfield and he hasn’t put in one performance as either a right or a left back for us where he’s looked comfortable.

He’s a midfielder end of story, he has everything to dominate in the centre of the park 

I think I’m at the stage where if he stays he needs the responsibility of captain removed from him.

Overall he’s completely scarred from his time at the club, popping up with big individual moments in games but he’s only ever done it in huge moments like cup finals or the likes in a minimal capacity and we can’t rely on him over a 38 game season to drag us to the win. 

2 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Terrible again. Am still raging at that Maeda goal last week, jogging casually back with all the time in the world. He is a poor defender, end of. We have to drop him next season - unfortunately would be too risky to drop him the now.

It's too risky not to drop him now.

We played him last week and lost 2 points,  today we lost 3. 

Unfortunately, i think Clement will have to give the captaincy to Goldson until the end of the season, if he drops Tav.

2 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

I’m not. I’m saying we were fucking pish today. In fact we’ve been getting progressively pisher for weeks.

Sure some is shitting the bed. But also looks to me like we have a bunch of 30 year olds in Tav, Goldson and Lundstrum who look every bit like players who have played the most minutes in Europe.

Rotten the lot of them. Massive drop off from when Tav and Lundstrum were our stand out players just a few months back

And a few months back (if we're talking january here) there was less pressure as even then no one gave us a chance for the title, 

Its no surprise that when the pressure is on, we crumble

Fuck they did the exact same thing last season, 6 big games under beale, won one in ET against a howling sheep team, drew at home against the papes (tav culpable in both goals) lost 3 against the papes (tav pointing to his own man who knocks us out the scottish) and lost to the sheep in the one game that we could have closed the gap on the tarriers 

9 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

The guys an absolute colossus in midfield and he hasn’t put in one performance as either a right or a left back for us where he’s looked comfortable.

He’s a midfielder end of story, he has everything to dominate in the centre of the park 

End of story?l You're delusional.

I like Sterling, i think he's a quality player and he could potentially be an excellent defensive midfielder. 

But his position is RB. Unfortunately, he's not had much opportunity because it's Tav's position and  he plays every game even if his form is horrendous. 

The entire leadership hierarchy has been needed to be ripped up for years.

New players come in with different ideas, initially play well, then fall into the same shit that the hierarchy have always accepted. 

These players are scarred beyond repair. Playing the same 11/12 teams for years. They are far too comfortable and generally are undroppable regardless of form. 

1 minute ago, five stars said:

End of story?l You're delusional.

I like Sterling, i think he's a quality player and he could potentially be an excellent defensive midfielder. 

But his position is RB. Unfortunately, he's not had much opportunity because it's Tav's position and  he plays every game even if his form is horrendous. 

His position was RB when we got him, we tried him there towards the start of the season and he was shocking. He’s been nothing less than brilliant any time he’s played midfield, he’s strong, quick, he has an engine, he’s composed on the ball and has more technical ability than he’s given credit for. Sure looks like a midfielder to me, he’s even said midfield is his favoured position in press conferences 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

New players come in with different ideas, initially play well, then fall into the same shit that the hierarchy have always accepted. 

These players are scarred beyond repair. Playing the same 11/12 teams for years. They are far too comfortable and generally are undroppable regardless of form. 

Exactly! It's happened time and time again. 

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We have excepted mediocrity for too long. 

Failure has been rewarded or has had no consequences for a select few of our "top" players.

3 minutes ago, EatDolphins said:

I'd keep Tav as starting right back unless we can find someone definitely better. But he can't be captain next season.

Wouldnt have him anywhere near our side next season

His time is up, he's a howling defender that cannot be relied on in big pressure moments

I honestly dont give a fuck how many goals he's scored or assisted, the fact we have a HoF captain who'll end up leaving us with less winners medals than greg fucking taylor is an absolute farce