Tav's time is up.

His two worst games of the season. 

I thought he had turned a winning corner under Clement, but he hasn't. 

Others will raise their hand to take penalties. 

Take Saudi money and move on... (we can dream)

Nobody ever comes in for Tav & Goldson. I think we know why.

49 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

What’s madness is expecting a 32 year old right back to play the most attritional position on the park.

Ask him to play more minutes than anyone else in European football.

And then not expect and drop off in his performances 😂.

The guy has played almost 1,000 minutes more than celtic’s top players. And folk expect him to be fresh as a fiddle.

If he isn’t fresh he shouldn’t play and certainly should not be taking corners that continuously go nowhere.  

Just now, Redemption80 said:

Easily replaced as a RB, but will increase the quality of forward player(s) needed to replace the goals, particularly penalties and free kicks.

I've defended Tav plenty for the same reasons but we've replaced better goal scorers than Tav.

celtic's two main full backs have scored 4 goals between them this season and last season when they won a treble.

It's time to get goals from elsewhere and move on from guys that have won 3 trophies in 7 years.

13 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Their chance in the first few minutes when Sima defended the back post because Tav was over mid-left sums it up.  Start of an away game, going for a title and in the first few minutes we’re all over the shop. Just do basics and don’t give a sniff anyway. 

he’s been a remarkable servant and just fantastic value for money but he‘s been absolutely woeful in the last few weeks when it’s time to step up and lead the team over the line.  Don’t get over the line now in the league and he’s done for me. 

I get age and mileage on the player, I can understand he’s lost a step and a little quality.

But this is two massive games in a row where the captain has not been ready to play when the first whistle sounded. Ross County should have been ahead in the first minute same as septic. 

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

Not defending his performance. I agree he’s been fucking shite of late. 

But not in the one bit surprised given how much football and running he has done.

Our medical/sports science team must be non existent.

Its not physical stuff that ruins his performance, its his mentality along with the likes of goldson etc

They have never ever coped with tarrier pressure in scotland, the one season they did, well we all know what happened then

Its no surprise every time we're in a title fight post new year him and the other senior players absolutely shit the bed

Last week for tarrier first goal had fuck all to do with minutes played, that's just absolute shite fucking footballing 

40 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

His two worst games of the season. 

I thought he had turned a winning corner under Clement, but he hasn't. 

Others will raise their hand to take penalties. 

Take Saudi money and move on... (we can dream)

Nobody ever comes in for Tav & Goldson. I think we know why.

This is it for me. If those two (tav and goldson) had any serious use at a senior level, we would have had offers. We have not for a reason.

5 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Its not physical stuff that ruins his performance, its his mentality along with the likes of goldson etc

They have never ever coped with tarrier pressure in scotland, the one season they did, well we all know what happened then

Its no surprise every time we're in a title fight post new year him and the other senior players absolutely shit the bed

Last week for tarrier first goal had fuck all to do with minutes played, that's just absolute shite fucking footballing 

You can’t pick and choose that’s the whole point. Ask Tav to play significantly more minutes than any other full back in Europe. (At 32 in a position where we ask him to get up and attack).

And then act surprised when his level dips.

All of this stuff is well known.

You’ve literally had the top managers in the world come out and speak about how difficult it is to keep the performance levels mentally and physically up these past few weeks.

And yet we have players who have played more than any at those clubs and folk just expect it to have no effect.

Not excusing the mentality either. Far from it. Both are contributing factors 

13 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Was great for a spell there, but when it's do or die Tav doesn't even show up. 

Maeda goal last week, 2nd and then 3rd today. 

Was the same last season too.

He will never lift the league as captain again. Never a winner. 

Have been saying the same for a while. Serial loser and a train wreck every time we need to defend.

8 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

We were playing fucking Ross County, a shite Ross County, you are posting like we are playing Man City then moving onto Arsenal away after playing Newcastle last week, Tav was a disgrace today, our club captain, a fucking disgrace. 

I’m not. I’m saying we were fucking pish today. In fact we’ve been getting progressively pisher for weeks.

Sure some is shitting the bed. But also looks to me like we have a bunch of 30 year olds in Tav, Goldson and Lundstrum who look every bit like players who have played the most minutes in Europe.

Rotten the lot of them. Massive drop off from when Tav and Lundstrum were our stand out players just a few months back

On 07/04/2024 at 16:01, The Archer said:

Gave great service but not a leader of men for me.He is very poor as a defender and I think we have relied on his forward play when we should have a RW doing that work and a good RB doing the basics.

Tav. is a serial loser. Remember, he agreed with the other serial loser, Goldson. Against Hibs, "the game was over at half time when we were two goals down" There and then the two of them should have ended their Rangers career. All our problems stem from them and poor defending. They are lower league players who expect to lose. Clemente is another manager taken in by them, if he continues with them, he will be out of a job.

Can quote his stats and argue all you want but the fact is he has let us down year after year.  Captained us to 3 trophies over nearly a decade.  He has seen of far too many managers.  Phil needs to get rid of him in the Summer and move the club forward with a captain who has the nerve for winning.

5 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Can quote his stats and argue all you want but the fact is he has let us down year after year.  Captained us to 3 trophies over nearly a decade.  He has seen of far too many managers.  Phil needs to get rid of him in the Summer and move the club forward with a captain who has the nerve for winning.

Not good enough at Rangers!

48 minutes ago, Benidormbear said:

Tav. is a serial loser. Remember, he agreed with the other serial loser, Goldson. Against Hibs, "the game was over at half time when we were two goals down" There and then the two of them should have ended their Rangers career. All our problems stem from them and poor defending. They are lower league players who expect to lose. Clemente is another manager taken in by them, if he continues with them, he will be out of a job.

He has to have the balls to drop Tav for Sterling. 

He's already replaced Barasic with Yilmaz. (If  fit)

We'll have to wait till the summer to get better than Goldson. 

But we can and should replace Tav now.

We might find Lungstrum and Goldson performances improve if we drop Tav. No comfort zone for any player.

29 minutes ago, Stunels said:

No, he needs to replace him now.

We're not winning at Parkhead with Tav as captain and RB.

1 hour ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

We were playing fucking Ross County, a shite Ross County, you are posting like we are playing Man City then moving onto Arsenal away after playing Newcastle last week, Tav was a disgrace today, our club captain, a fucking disgrace. 

His performance in the 1st half last week, in one of our biggest games for years, was also a disgrace. 

The problem is after last week he still played today,what sort of message does that sent to the rest of the squad? Mediocrity is ok?

Clement backed him and so did most on here.

They were wrong.