Tav's time is up.

The first goal was a freak; a long clearance blown by the wind some how becomes a good pass. Defender and keeper hesitate, ricochet  which could have gone for a throw or goal kick goes towards the goal and beats the keeper I was surprised at the speed and thought it was a shot and surprised that Butland was beaten so easily.

However I was more surprised at their 3rd goal; how our 2 defenders managed to let their guy get the shot at goal. At the time it looked as if they got in each others way and it almost looked like they were tackling each other. Watching the highlights I still cannot work out how easy it was for him to get past and shoot.

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:thumbup:

Spot on mate ... an absolute one in a million fluke.

The little cunt was the luckiest player on the park ... and they had a few yesterday ... as he should have been sent off for all the illegal infringements he got away with.

🇬🇧

This and no idea why he was still on the park after numerous fouls. 

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

In the 2nd half aye but in that 1st half not a chance, Maeda had his number and Tav's head had completely went with the pressure from the crowd. Goldson had to go to him, hug him and tell him to try and focus after one of the many times he got caught in possession.

Shows the baws on Tav though, came out with a renewed energy and determinism in the 2nd half. 

Don’t think I fancy watching the first half back so will take your view on it.

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Sterling provides no attacking option from RB. Which means our attackers have even less service. 

We can't keep gifting them goals if we have any chance of beating them tho mate defence has to defend first and foremost. It won't happen but he struggles badly against maeda

4 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

It was blowing a gail straight towards our goal when it went in.

Without the win Butland probably has the extra second to save it.

Absolute freak goal.

Partly why Tav misjudged it so badly as well to begin with

Yep, finally.  Was blowing a hoolie straight downwind, which is why Tav initially expected it to fly out of play behind him (as it did every single time thereafter in both half's), but a weird gust held it up and he reacted very slowly, with very poor decision making.  Then a freak goal.

5 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

We can't keep gifting them goals if we have any chance of beating them tho mate defence has to defend first and foremost. It won't happen but he struggles badly against maeda

Sterling gave the ball straight to them which allowed Hart to pump it forward for their first goal 

A gift

Wright was guilty of not doubling up with Tav. Whoever is on that wing needs to do their job properly. Your wide men need to support our wingbacks 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Sterling gave the ball straight to them which allowed Hart to pump it forward for their first goal 

A gift

Wright was guilty of not doubling up with Tav. Whoever is on that wing needs to do their job properly. Your wide men need to support our wingbacks 

:thumbup:

Spot Kaiser mate.

I know he wasn't the best we have had on the right wing ... but wee Daniel Candeias with his work rate and speed always managed to cover for Tav ... and their good understanding of each others role to support each other ... created the correct partnership ... as you have stated. above.

🇬🇧

8 hours ago, B1872 said:

Are you just ignoring his part in the scums 2nd goal as well? He had a shocker yesterday and you’d think he learned by now how to play Maeda. I got the fear yesterday every time Tav had the ball. His second half performance wasn’t great either as he constantly gave the ball away. The one where he hit a 5 yard pass down the line to Sima right out the park summed his day up. I fear going to Parkhead with him and Goldson.

I fear going with Goldson, think if Stirling was on the right he'd have offered more cover instead of wright.

Yeah Tavs getting slow and it's all there to see, Who's going to pick up Tavs contribution, goals. 

I think Clement will start putting Stirling there next year.

4 hours ago, RealWorldRich said:

Tav got robbed in possession by Maeda 40 yards from out own goal, that led to a chance for celtic, a great save, then the penalty from the resulting corner.  

Who do we replace him with .....

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

A gift

Can't actually believe we started Wright what was he thinking 

37 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

If he does it again I’m giving the gaffer pelters. He’s got a blind spot that’s for sure 

He got it badly wrong yesterday, some weird selections lately. There's 7 games left pick our best team phil.

Made a cunt of it can be no excuses for that level of defending.

You look for your captain for leadership and a standard of play he was poor the whole game bar the penalty.