Jump to content

Tav's time is up.


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, five stars said:

His performance in the 1st half last week, in one of our biggest games for years, was also a disgrace. 

The problem is after last week he still played today,what sort of message does that sent to the rest of the squad? Mediocrity is ok?

Clement backed him and so did most on here.

They were wrong.

I second that. Been taking dogs abuse for some time when pointing out his failings. At least others are now catching on. 🇬🇧

Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, five stars said:

Fuck sake man, that one's easy.

Sterling is now 24 years old. He's shown ability and commitment playing in midfield and done ok at LB considering he's on the wrong side.

He's quick, athletic and has a bit of fight about him. Right back is his preferred position. 

Potential he could be the next Bassey?

That's what's really pissing me off about Tav playing, we're actually holding back a player with a great future ahead of him by continuing to play him.

We need to give the full back jersey to Yilmaz and Sterling. Young, fast, athletic players with a bit of 

Not seen him RB even tho thats his position.  Think hes a cracking player midfield and dont know why PC doesnt start him every week.  Would be shocked beyond belief if he drops Tav before end of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Swagger said:

His pathetic interview again. Fuck it’s the same shite over and over

Remove him from the TV cameras for every cunts sake 

Everyone moans when he doesn't speak after we lose. For what it's worth I've not listened to him for years win or lose.

Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Swagger said:

His pathetic interview again. Fuck it’s the same shite over and over

Remove him from the TV cameras for every cunts sake 

All is ok, as we're going to learn from the defeat.

You would think with all his experience he wouldn't need to learn how to beat Ross County.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I think his time with us is up as he still offers a lot going forward

However his time as a right back and captain for me is done

I have questioned his mentality and bottle for years , thought that we were seeing a change under Clement particularly in December / Jan period. 

Vital part of the season with a title on the line and your captain is throwing in 2 performances like his last two is unforgivable .

Time and time again the whole mentality issue Raises its head with him and the senior players and there is no smoke without fire. Bar 55 and Europe they have crumbled time and time again when the sleeves need rolled up and results need dug out 

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Not sure I think his time with us is up as he still offers a lot going forward

However his time as a right back and captain for me is done

I have questioned his mentality and bottle for years , thought that we were seeing a change under Clement particularly in December / Jan period. 

Vital part of the season with a title on the line and your captain is throwing in 2 performances like his last two is unforgivable .

Time and time again the whole mentality issue Raises its head with him and the senior players and there is no smoke without fire. Bar 55 and Europe they have crumbled time and time again when the sleeves need rolled up and results need dug out 

Clement definitely helped bring a bit of belief and desire to the squad. 

But old habits die hard, and they often return when a bit of pressure or stress is applied. 

Far to many times we crumbled in January. This time it's the run in and we're losing to Motherwell and Ross County and not turning up for the first 45 minutes of the most important Old Firm game in years.

Tav and Goldson seem to be the common link on all those failures over the years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Tav's forward play is over rated these days.

He doesn't gets forward as often, as he no longer has the legs to get up and down the park.

He almost never hits the byeline and also rarely whips in those Beckham like crosses he once excelled at.

He does pop up with the occasional goal from open play but the majority of his goals are penalties.

He scorer the occasional beauty from a free kick but most are row Z.

Many of our moves break down with Tav as his passing is often very poor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Screenshot_20240415_124954_X.jpg

Fucking bang on the money. 

Said  it last season, but there was no one more at fault for goals conceded against celtic last season than Tav. 

4-0 game, 2-2 game, League Cup final and Scottish Semi. Then when the pressure is on who do they attack knowing fine well its their best chance of scoring...Tav. 

Tav and Goldson last week when the pressure was on, Tav and Goldson again at the heart of it yesterday. 

Every fucking season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Not sure I think his time with us is up as he still offers a lot going forward

However his time as a right back and captain for me is done

I have questioned his mentality and bottle for years , thought that we were seeing a change under Clement particularly in December / Jan period. 

Vital part of the season with a title on the line and your captain is throwing in 2 performances like his last two is unforgivable .

Time and time again the whole mentality issue Raises its head with him and the senior players and there is no smoke without fire. Bar 55 and Europe they have crumbled time and time again when the sleeves need rolled up and results need dug out 

What has he offered going forward consistently this season or seasons past

People do to him what they do to dessers, goldson etc, they see one good moment in a match and forget the other 90mins of absolute pish

People were defending tavs bottle after last weel saying "he took the pressure penalty" when in actual fact had he not shat the bed we might not have been 2 down at half time 

Over 90mins, when was the last time tav, goldson, etc played consistently well? Fucking months ago if that

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

What has he offered going forward consistently this season or seasons past

People do to him what they do to dessers, goldson etc, they see one good moment in a match and forget the other 90mins of absolute pish

People were defending tavs bottle after last weel saying "he took the pressure penalty" when in actual fact had he not shat the bed we might not have been 2 down at half time 

Over 90mins, when was the last time tav, goldson, etc played consistently well? Fucking months ago if that

I don't think I mentioned anything to do with Tavs performance last week and certainly didn't mention anything with his penalty excusing his shambolic performance for the rest of the game ?

I think on his day he can still offer us something going forward but preferably a new signing and actual right winger  in the summer who could produce similar numbers would be ideal . I think his days as our rightback and captain should be numbered 

Link to post
Share on other sites

His time isn't up as a player.

It must be up as a corner taker.

It defies the laws of physics how high he gets the ball.

I've said this before but I am involved in an amateur football team. We have an 18 yo whose delivery is infinitely better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

His time isn't up as a player.

It must be up as a corner taker.

It defies the laws of physics how high he gets the ball.

I've said this before but I am involved in an amateur football team. We have an 18 yo whose delivery is infinitely better.

Corners to us we should just get into our defensive formation and knock the ball straight out of play. Would stop teams doing us on the transition and it's not like we score from them anyways.

(Joking, to an extent 😒)

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Corners to us we should just get into our defensive formation and knock the ball straight out of play. Would stop teams doing us on the transition and it's not like we score from them anyways.

(Joking, to an extent 😒)

Teams don’t score anywhere near as many goals from set pieces as people make out on here. I bet if somebody looked into the stats we would probably not score any more or less from them than most other sides do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do medals define legends at a club? Probably not, although they help.

Jardine is a club legend but only won 3 league titles despite playing 16 seasons.

Tav has been a good servant to the club, but I think his penalty goals sway people's perception of who club legends should be. In my eyes, he is not one. I think of Tav (and Goldson), and I see too many failures.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Teams don’t score anywhere near as many goals from set pieces as people make out on here. I bet if somebody looked into the stats we would probably not score any more or less from them than most other sides do.

I know they don't. 

But we don't get close to it, and worse look vulnerable from quick transitions.

BTW I was joking about kicking the ball out of play from corners 😃

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Teams don’t score anywhere near as many goals from set pieces as people make out on here. I bet if somebody looked into the stats we would probably not score any more or less from them than most other sides do.

Think heart and hand done a piece on it and we were basically average compared to the other teams in the league.

It does feel though that we are extremely wasteful from set pieces especially corners, doesn't help that one of your main targets in the box is Goldson.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Scoring from set pieces is low, my frustration is that we try about 3 or 4 and they dont work, so then try another 20

Mind morelos goal at home to red star on way to seville, wee change in our set piece tactic and it worked, might never work again but we tried something different

Warburton used to get slaughtered for short corners, id fucking love us to go back to them for a while to try something different 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...