We need a hard nasty bastard

Can we just have a pinned thread for the ‘need Rangers men’ or ‘need hard men’ after each defeat? 

we need decent quality footballers who are athletic, resilient, are desperate to win trophies - don’t really care whether they’re ‘hard’ or not - think the 80s are over..

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He’s not a great passer and definitely not anything that splits a defence, can’t shoot, can’t cross.

He can carry the ball though.

Anyway, I do really like him and the things he’s good at are probably as good as most players in the game. We just need a least one or two ball players in the team too.

I think he's efficient with the ball. Never going to play through teams but he doesn't give the ball away either. I agree we need better players around him though.

1 hour ago, Godfrey100 said:

You will be criticised for that but having our own identity back does no harm in these fixtures.

Today was as pitiful as I can remember for a championship decider.

Compare this lot of shitebags to our title winning team of 1999.

That is how far this club has fallen.

And there were a few good RC's in that team in 1999 🤣🤣

5 hours ago, Finny said:

We need a Souness, Thomson, Butcher even big jig type player in around the team. Yes I know its a different era and you can only go in so hard but we are playing wee guys with mouth pieces in, a scum captain that thinks he's a ticket and some fish looking Canadian cunt that are not in fear in the slightest. Fuck sakes 😃 😀 😄 at this rate a big Moshni type player would do. 

The lack of aggression is a big issue. We didn't get played off the park today. 

Thomson and mcculloch are a pair of pussies comapred to souness and butcher.  In reality as a fanbase we need to get on board with the fact the first championship team needs a  handfull of  hatchetmen and cunts who have won something to allow us to build a base. Tav etc have allowed the worst celtic team in 20 year to roll them today but really its the fans who are culpable.

Our team is full of absolute jobbers and never gonnae be's but we still renew in our droves. Get what we deserve 

11 hours ago, Blue72 said:

Can we just have a pinned thread for the ‘need Rangers men’ or ‘need hard men’ after each defeat? 

we need decent quality footballers who are athletic, resilient, are desperate to win trophies - don’t really care whether they’re ‘hard’ or not - think the 80s are over..

It’s what celtic have and we don’t. They have no real ‘hard men’ just players who are a much better quality than us. 

You take O Riley and put him in our team and he improves us hugely. Keep hearing they are shite but they are miles better than us. We can’t lay a finger on the cunts 

You’re absolutely right - look at the best teams these days - no hard men just teams filled with athletic, pacey players. 

Our current squad would get football stopped. We played well against Hearts a while back - the rest has been the same boring turgid shite. 

It needs a massive overhaul of a squad again - we are in this same position every fucking season

1 hour ago, Swagger said:

It’s what celtic have and we don’t. They have no real ‘hard men’ just players who are a much better quality than us. 

You take O Riley and put him in our team and he improves us hugely. Keep hearing they are shite but they are miles better than us. We can’t lay a finger on the cunts 

You’re absolutely right - look at the best teams these days - no hard men just teams filled with athletic, pacey players. 

Our current squad would get football stopped. We played well against Hearts a while back - the rest has been the same boring turgid shite. 

It needs a massive overhaul of a squad again - we are in this same position every fucking season

Agree, I think their squad overall has better quality but has been poor this year.  We’ve got worse players but Clement got them playing really well for a sustained period.  

that said with less injuries and a few additions I do think we’re not that far away.  End of the day it’s been narrow margins - the fact that’s the case says a lot about the manager and the squad given where we were before PC came in.

17 hours ago, Finny said:

I maybe didn't word the thread title right. A Lewis Ferguson type I know well outwith our means now. Fuck it even a Pourteous or  Mcrorie who we had on our books. Just gutted with the lack of fight. 

We have missed a trick in not signing players like these from right under our noses. Not saying he’s of the right quality for us but mind Alex Gogic’s performance against us against the other week - aggressive, ran himself into the ground and sprinted 1/2 pitch to stop Lawrence’s chance. Our midfield seem to just jog about the park.

Hard bastards are no longer needed in the game today.

One that's more intelligent to the dark arts would be far preferable. 

McGregor is a right cunt but how many times to he break up any counter attacks we had by giving a niggly foul away? 4 or 5 times? Only got booked? That's what we need. 

Not letting players just walk on by like Lundstram and Lawrence did in the middle yesterday.

28 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Agree, I think their squad overall has better quality but has been poor this year.  We’ve got worse players but Clement got them playing really well for a sustained period.  

that said with less injuries and a few additions I do think we’re not that far away.  End of the day it’s been narrow margins - the fact that’s the case says a lot about the manager and the squad given where we were before PC came in.

They don’t need to do much to stay ahead though - millions more coming in from the CL. 
We have work to do but we’ve got to get it right. 
Watch us linked with every injury prone player or player who’s ’lost their way a bit ‘ in the summer

We are a lazy fucking club 

20 hours ago, allgavesome said:

need more players that are actually Rangers supporters.

I know what you’re saying but I don’t think it’s necessary. Sometimes for actual Rangers fans the jersey is too heavy for them and they can’t play the same way they can for another team. What we need is actual footballers instead of the team of imposters we already have 

6 hours ago, Swagger said:

They don’t need to do much to stay ahead though - millions more coming in from the CL. 
We have work to do but we’ve got to get it right. 
Watch us linked with every injury prone player or player who’s ’lost their way a bit ‘ in the summer

We are a lazy fucking club 

I didn’t think we looked too bad under Gio early on, the real shambles was appointing Beale who had a very limited track record.  I felt PC appointment is good (he’s got experience at least!) which I hope will drive standards in recruitment…

20 hours ago, Blue72 said:

shld have a 'we need a barry ferguson or souness type' pinned thread as well IMO.

while we're at it, I think having a Jim Baxter, Davie Cooper or Brian Laudrup type would probably be quite good as well.

58 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

shld have a 'we need a barry ferguson or souness type' pinned thread as well IMO.

while we're at it, I think having a Jim Baxter, Davie Cooper or Brian Laudrup type would probably be quite good as well.

Aye a gazza or Albertz while we’re at it…

1 hour ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Souey built fae the back first

17 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Hard bastards are no longer needed in the game today.

One that's more intelligent to the dark arts would be far preferable. 

McGregor is a right cunt but how many times to he break up any counter attacks we had by giving a niggly foul away? 4 or 5 times? Only got booked? That's what we need. 

Not letting players just walk on by like Lundstram and Lawrence did in the middle yesterday.

That’s the thing - given how biased the refs are against us, stacking the team with hard men in this day and age would just see our starting XI end up a finishing VI. Don’t get me wrong - we desperately need a few more fearless, talented Rangers minded men in the squad who will play with the passion the badge demands, but hard men will only see us punished time and again by the bought and sold refs of our backwater league.

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

As all good teams should do. First thing Smith did in his second spell was sign Weir, Ugo and Kevin Thomson to make us more robust and stronger at the back.

Meanwhile, we have failed to gut the defence for the past two or three summers, and brought in players who are mediocre at best.  This is the root cause of our problems, and if we start next season with Goldson, Souttar and Tavernier as first choices, we will struggle again.