graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

Just now, GA1972 said:

None obviously given what we just witnessed. Cant convince me in previous years that we don’t beat that Lyon team at home 

Not trying to convince you of anything. It might be the worst Lyon side we’ve faced but we are at a very low point just now and there is no getting away from that.

However one of the things that has set us apart is our ability to punch above our weight in europe but that has gone now. We are weak, we lack intensity and belief and then there’s how our manager sets up us to play to blame as well.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Eck is in no shape to be taking charge of this club. 

Thomson isn't experienced enough.

Watch us sack him after the sheep game then give McCallum the job as well as running the academy since we still won't have a CEO by then to make any decisions.

Were going to phone Murty aren't we...

3 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Probably on borrowed time. 

But our next manager has to be appointed in the summer.

Whether that means sticking with Clement or going with an Alex McLeish or Kevin Thomson til the end of the season is a question for the board.

This board shouldn't be getting asked any questions, other than when are they going to fuck off.

The thought of Gilligan, Park jr etc appointing another manager just fills me with absolute dread, definition of insanity springs to mind.

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

😂 Fair enough. I'm probably just about in that camp as well but this goes far beyond the manager. Some of those players are absolutely rank rotten. 

name me one player who has improved under clement. just one. The manager is the main issue here. He made signings which didnt and still dont make sense when its glaringly obvious where we needed new players

Just now, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

Muscat’s contract is up in less than a month and he’s about to win the title in China, it wouldn’t surprise me if the board go back to him.

Would surprise me. This would be dangerously close to being the sensible and competent. 

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

name me one player who has improved under clement. just one. The manager is the main issue here. He made signings which didnt and still dont make sense when its glaringly obvious where we needed new players

Sam Lammers 

3 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Probably on borrowed time. 

But our next manager has to be appointed in the summer.

Whether that means sticking with Clement or going with an Alex McLeish or Kevin Thomson til the end of the season is a question for the board.

Why the summer? Surely if we're that sure he's the wrong man then we bring in someone sooner to get to know the squad's strengths and weaknesses so they have a better chance at recruitment? 

1 minute ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

Muscat’s contract is up in less than a month and he’s about to win the title in China, it wouldn’t surprise me if the board go back to him.

it wouldnt surprise me if he said no. I wanted him at the time but tried to get behind clement but i have seen no improvement

2 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

The post of mine you've quoted says I'm already more or less in the get rid camp.

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

it wouldnt surprise me if he said no. I wanted him at the time but tried to get behind clement but i have seen no improvement

He’s absolutely desperate to manage in Europe, he turned down a new contract with the team he’s currently at for that reason.

3 minutes ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

Think the ship has sailed on that one. 

He was interviewed twice last time.

He would be well within his rights to tell them to shove it if they approach him.