graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Probably counting his blessings looking at our shit show of a board

This is what worries me most. Even if we sack Clement and go for a new manager. 

It's these complete incompetents picking the next manager. They need to be removed as well.

6 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

If a manager comes in and start implementing a style of play that involves actually playing football and the ability to do the basics then i think they would get huge amounts of leeway. I would like to think most fans are bright enough to see the absolute fucking state we are under clement. We have absolutely no identity what so ever. We play differently every single game and try to rely on moments of magic to win us games even against utter dross like hibs in the league

I think we play the same in nearly every game….fuckin shite 

3 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

If a manager comes in and start implementing a style of play that involves actually playing football and the ability to do the basics then i think they would get huge amounts of leeway. I would like to think most fans are bright enough to see the absolute fucking state we are under clement. We have absolutely no identity what so ever. We play differently every single game and try to rely on moments of magic to win us games even against utter dross like hibs in the league

I think people like the idea that they would get time and patience, but reality has shown us that they don’t.

All three managers who we’ve appointed mid season over the last three years have been under pressure or had dissenting voices questioning their ability by the time the season ended in May. Two of them won trophies, one of them got us to a major European final and all three inherited or walked into sides that were crying out for rebuilds.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I think people like the idea that they would get time and patience, but reality has shown us that they don’t.

All three managers who we’ve appointed mid season over the last three years have been under pressure or had dissenting voices questioning their ability by the time the season ended in May. Two of them won trophies, one of them got us to a major European final and all three inherited or walked into sides that were crying out for rebuilds.

Ok let's just stick. Win fuck all and play in front of a half empty Ibrox as that's the way we are heading 

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Yeah this is the thing.

Imagine Muscat coming in and bringing that high intensity, all action, pressing football with this current squad of players.

We should now be at stage that any different manager coming in sort of plays same type of football as previous manager so there isn’t a need for a total rebuild.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Yeah this is the thing.

Imagine Muscat coming in and bringing that high intensity, all action, pressing football with this current squad of players.

We should now be at stage that any different manager coming in sort of plays same type of football as previous manager so there isn’t a need for a total rebuild.

I don’t think it’s impossible tbf, I can see the likes of Jefte, Barron, Bajrami, Kasanwirjo, Matondo and McCausland playing that way quite easily.

Even the likes of Souttar and Propper could do it, Carter-Vickers did it under Postecoglou and he’s as slow as a week in jail.

It’s not just about pace, but intensity.

1 minute ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

My real worry is that Monaco fans had the same complaints about him (too open and boring tactically, mental subs), so it looks like he isn’t learning.

Managers never seem to learn nowadays. Just do the same shit over and over again until they’re sacked rinse and repeat. There’s a real laziness about the modern manager 

1 minute ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

My real worry is that Monaco fans had the same complaints about him (too open and boring tactically, mental subs), so it looks like he isn’t learning.

And we had the same warnings about gvb and the dreaded horse shoe. But tbf even the horseshoe was more entertaining than this.

Just now, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

I don’t think it’s impossible tbf, I can see the likes of Jefte, Barron, Bajrami, Kasanwirjo, Matondo and McCausland playing that way quite easily.

Even the likes of Souttar and Propper could do it, Carter-Vickers did it under Postecoglou and he’s as slow as a week in jail.

It’s not just about pace, but intensity.

Jefte, Bajrami and Possibly Barron would be able to fit in.

Matondo’s body doesn’t seem to hold up and McCausland is rank rotten.

As for Propper - dreadful.