graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

Beyond obvious that we’re going nowhere under Clement. Almost a year into his tenure, since that collapse at the turn of the year - we’ve regressed alarmingly. Would argue that he hasn’t improved a single player. Absolutely zero evidence of us heading in any positive direction in terms of style. Complete lack of a game plan, constantly wide open in the ‘big’ games without offering much threat going forward. A baffling loyalty to certain players who are clearly done. Don’t know what’s worse; his substitutions or post match interviews.  Utterly uninspiring, and as time goes on - completely delusional.(1-4 ‘harsh’ v Lyon, Ross County ‘best result’ in years). We seem to be the only club with a massive fan base/history that’s unable to move with the times. From keep the zero GVB(kudos for UEL run, but miserable domestically), Beale & now him. Those in charge of the recruitment process at Rangers are clearly stuck in the dark ages. There must be zero emphasis whatsoever on the manager having to explain their ideas or style during their presentations. Dinosaur after dinosaur. Would drive you to drink.  

I’m not particularly pro-Muscat or any other specific manager, but we absolutely 100% need a manager than can set us up to be a high intensity, high press, attacking team. It’s the way to win this league. Teams can’t cope with it. 

We’ve seen what the last 2 managers at the filth have done with that approach, and we’ve seen the negatives of a more controlled (Gerrard), more defensive (Gio) and long ball (Clement) style absolutely flounder.  

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m not particularly pro-Muscat or any other specific manager, but we absolutely 100% need a manager than can set us up to be a high intensity, high press, attacking team. It’s the way to win this league. Teams can’t cope with it. 

We’ve seen what the last 2 managers at the filth have done with that approach, and we’ve seen the negatives of a more controlled (Gerrard), more defensive (Gio) and long ball (Clement) style absolutely flounder.  

Yep. A style like that spreads excitement around the club. Players are happier, fans fill the stands, clamouring for tickets. Everybody in it together. Barely anybody can be arsed going to the games atm because they’re that boring. Flat football, flat atmosphere, flat team. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Why?

I’ve personally never wanted him because I think he’s an absolute cunt of a guy. 

I don’t oppose any footballing arguments about him, his style of play etc.

Just openly dislike him and would be fully ready to get his name tattood on my forehead if he won us the treble

Hope that clears things up

2 hours ago, Andyy53 said:

Yep. A style like that spreads excitement around the club. Players are happier, fans fill the stands, clamouring for tickets. Everybody in it together. Barely anybody can be arsed going to the games atm because they’re that boring. Flat football, flat atmosphere, flat team. 

That’s nonsense though, if we were playing good football with the same results people would be going mental too calling the manager naive and that they need to stop playing so attacking.

12 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

That’s nonsense though, if we were playing good football with the same results people would be going mental too calling the manager naive and that they need to stop playing so attacking.

Not sure they would tbh. 

9 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

If he picks the right players and takes the reigns off, the standard of football and results will improve.

Sterling, Kasanwirjo & Igamane are the future. Play them. Giving them the odd few minutes is hindering their progress.

He's too cautious in his approach. I get that we have had a horrific injury record, but sometimes you need to take a few risks. The poster above is right; the style of football is boring and ponderous.

A new formation is needed if only to freshen the ideas.

While im neither for or against muscat , i dont buy that he would come in and get more out this team. 

If he plays a similar style to ange, the only players i could see fitting into that are butland , jefte, bajrami, cortes, barron and maybe someone like matondo. 

It would be another rebuild which we cant afford 

5 minutes ago, skinnymate1690 said:

While im neither for or against muscat , i dont buy that he would come in and get more out this team. 

If he plays a similar style to ange, the only players i could see fitting into that are butland , jefte, bajrami, cortes, barron and maybe someone like matondo. 

It would be another rebuild which we cant afford 

We already need another rebuild regardless.

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If he picks the right players and takes the reigns off, the standard of football and results will improve.

Sterling, Kasanwirjo & Igamane are the future. Play them. Giving them the odd few minutes is hindering their progress.

He's too cautious in his approach. I get that we have had a horrific injury record, but sometimes you need to take a few risks. The poster above is right; the style of football is boring and ponderous.

A new formation is needed if only to freshen the ideas.

image.png.ec7961191cba4426d2cb90e2e262f923.png.9d532c4e22e1a764db644b8c2b9cc4fe.png

I'd like to see something like this with a high tempo.

I wanted Muscat before moleface and that hasn’t changed even now - couldn’t care less if people think we are copying the scum. Apparently his contract is up in China in December so I’d go and get him then. I’m hoping the Anderlecht rumours are true and they come in for Clement before any more damage is done. There’s fuck all progress been made and we are absolutely brutal to watch. In the next few weeks we’ve got Kilmarnock and the sheep away in which I’d be amazed if we won both these games. At that point the league will be done if it isn’t already, fucking shambles. Honestly, hate this pish!

18 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

image.png.ec7961191cba4426d2cb90e2e262f923.png.9d532c4e22e1a764db644b8c2b9cc4fe.png

I'd like to see something like this with a high tempo.

We've very little pace through the side anymore, and that's the issue with trying to play at a higher tempo.

We've 3, maybe 4 of those players who don't slow the pace when they get the ball. I think if we want to play higher tempo football, we can't have Dessers in the starting line up. I think Danilo would be better suited to a press and higher tempo, but unfortunately he's always injured. Same with Cortes. 

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Aberdeen are flying atm so they’ll be buzzing to play us at their place 

Need to set up a team to win the battle first to allow us to play. Not sure how Clement changes it. We’re too easy to play against.

3 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Need to set up a team to win the battle first to allow us to play. Not sure how Clement changes it. We’re too easy to play against.

They’ll beat us I think. They’ll be too confident and they’ll probably have as big a home support against us as they’ve had in years because of their start to the season. Our footballs dreadful just now 

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

We’ve only been in this position with Warburton when our calibre of player was similar to that of a Hearts. Our squad at the moment is head and shoulders better than the rest - celtic excluded - and we still setup so cautiously against players nowhere near our level.  Good performances for big clubs go hand in hand with good results imo. Going nowhere with this current turgid dross. 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

They’ll beat us I think. They’ll be too confident and they’ll probably have as big a home support against us as they’ve had in years because of their start to the season 

I would change formation flood midfield to at least compete. Pace to counter. Where we are as a team we can’t be so open. Aberdeen away has always been a tough fixture for us.

Just now, teddybear1975 said:

I would change formation flood midfield to at least compete. Pace to counter. Where we are as a team we can’t be so open. Aberdeen away has always been a tough fixture for us.

He’ll change nothing mate