graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

15 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Tbf the 3 players you named, 2 are probably the worst starters we have the now and propper isn't exactly setting the place alight

Plus docherty will be talking it up, not like he's going to say "aye we beat rangera but they had a ton of boys playing and cunts they want rid of" 

We spend an absolute fortune on our playing squad, I just think it's how shite we are that with a few starters missing we can get turned over by fucking Dundee.

I'll not lose sleep over it, it is what it is, but it's just another unsurprising episode in our shiteness.

Miss a few starters, get beat by Dundee, yet some folk seem to having us strolling to second.  We're rotten and rotting from the inside out.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What was the squad and team we had?

No idea other than knowing which players are injured/away with international teams.

No Barron, Diomande, Cerny, Bajrami, Hagi, Souttar or Cortes. Probably no Matondo or Lawrence either.

We’re down to 2nd/3rd choice wingers and 4th choice 10. 

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We spend an absolute fortune on our playing squad, I just think it's how shite we are that with a few starters missing we can get turned over by fucking Dundee.

I'll not lose sleep over it, it is what it is, but it's just another unsurprising episode in our shiteness.

Miss a few starters, get beat by Dundee, yet some folk seem to having us strolling to second.  We're rotten and rotting from the inside out.

It’s a bounce match :lol: 

18 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You say a few starters, so what was the team then? 

21 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Loads of people. Not my job to find them though. 

Flip it a year in, and if we knew how we’d be playing right now we’d never have employed him.

He’s doing absolutely nothing well right now. 

I don't disagree the football is awful. If we achieved the unthinkable last season is this thread even a thing? 

That's why there is a lot of anger people rightly where hoping we'd kick on it never happened we get to the summer and not only is the squad dismantled it's also downgraded. We've been left with a squad nowhere near a league title maybe a cup or two if we are lucky. 

No manger in world football can make our shite players less shite mate only replacing them with better ones sorts that.  

The manager is far from the issue at our football club just now. 

25 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Nobody is saying Aberdeen are world beaters but they are bang in form and we are bang average right now

Historically they always raise their game against us aswell. Even when they’re at the foot of the table they still manage to raise it at home to us 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Load of shite. 

We have better individual quality than the rest of the league outwidth celtic and to succeed here all you’ve to do is beat the rest and manage to win a couple of old firms.

The coaching of our squad is entirely at fault for how absolutely shite we look. Bringing Kieran Dowell on for Lawrence against Lyon when you’ve other attacking options on the bench and waiting until you’re 4-1 down to address the glaring issue that was Tav against Fofana ffs

Hes a clown 

Bringing Dowell on for anyone should be a sackable offence.

The epitome of a shirt filler.

7 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Bringing Dowell on for anyone should be a sackable offence.

The epitome of a shirt filler.

Chances are we were always going to lose against Lyon but there was a way to manage it and he was so far off managing it that night it was laughable 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Beat in a bounce game last week by Dundee.  Docherty of Dundee says it was a strong Rangers team incl Propper, Tav and Dessers.

Normally wouldn't care but there's a fucking rot running right through everything connected to us. 

So not a strong Rangers team then :pipe:

30 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I don't disagree the football is awful. If we achieved the unthinkable last season is this thread even a thing? 

That's why there is a lot of anger people rightly where hoping we'd kick on it never happened we get to the summer and not only is the squad dismantled it's also downgraded. We've been left with a squad nowhere near a league title maybe a cup or two if we are lucky. 

No manger in world football can make our shite players less shite mate only replacing them with better ones sorts that.  

The manager is far from the issue at our football club just now. 

If he won the title last season it isn’t. But he didn't he overseen a total collapse. 

Last season there where a number of players to blame as well for that.

Barring tav they are all away now and still it's been the same awful football. 

It's down to the way we're coached. We've been left wide open with our setup especially against stronger sides. His subs make no sense. 

He's also built a rod for his own back with his October comments. 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No idea other than knowing which players are injured/away with international teams.

No Barron, Diomande, Cerny, Bajrami, Hagi, Souttar or Cortes. Probably no Matondo or Lawrence either.

We’re down to 2nd/3rd choice wingers and 4th choice 10. 

It’s a bounce match :lol: 

So possibly including Butland, Tav, Propper, Jefte, Dessers, McCausland, Dowell, Igamane. Plenty of the core we're relying on this season.

Yes it's a bounce game and I'd prefer to win them, the same as I prefer to win preseason friendlies and B team games 😁

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What was the squad and team we had?

1 hour ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

You say a few starters, so what was the team then? 

I asked because I don't know. I haven't found out between asking and you asking me 👍

But I'd assume Butland, Tav, Balogun, Propper, Jefte, Dessers, McCauland, Igamane, McCausland Dowell, not sure on Lawrence might have been available. Plenty minutes on them this season and a core we're relying on to start in our next few games.

Prefer not to lose to shite. Seems we're becoming accustomed to it.

22 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So possibly including Butland, Tav, Propper, Jefte, Dessers, McCausland, Dowell, Igamane. Plenty of the core we're relying on this season.

Yes it's a bounce game and I'd prefer to win them, the same as I prefer to win preseason friendlies and B team games 😁

Yes, a ‘strong’ defence and then a midfield/attack full of 2nd/3rd/4th choice players 👍

34 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Can’t believe anyone would read in to a bounce game. :lol:

Heard a good wee bit about Gerrard going off his head at the team during a bounce game once saying “we’re fucking Glasgow Rangers, we don’t play friendlies”.

Feel like we don’t have that mentality anymore, even if we shouldn’t read into bounce games. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Heard a good wee bit about Gerrard going off his head at the team during a bounce game once saying “we’re fucking Glasgow Rangers, we don’t play friendlies”.

Feel like we don’t have that mentality anymore, even if we shouldn’t read into bounce games. 

We didn’t have it under Gerrard outside of one season either though?

43 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I asked because I don't know. I haven't found out between asking and you asking me 👍

But I'd assume Butland, Tav, Balogun, Propper, Jefte, Dessers, McCauland, Igamane, McCausland Dowell, not sure on Lawrence might have been available. Plenty minutes on them this season and a core we're relying on to start in our next few games.

Prefer not to lose to shite. Seems we're becoming accustomed to it.

Who is mccauland? 

Wouldnt be surprised if butland got the time off, so another keeper player, tav we know is done, balogun is 3rd choice centre half just, propper is starter fair nuff, jefte we dont know, might find yilmaz got minutes if hes back training again

Dowell isnt a starter, we know that, dessers is shite, igamane has barely played, mccausland is rubbish lets be honest 

More to the point, if everyone of your list played, easily we'd only keep 3 of them right now, the rest could leave and we wouldn't shed a tear

28 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

We didn’t have it under Gerrard outside of one season either though?

you could actually see what Gerrard was building towards though and under him we progressively got better, with Clement he has been here a year and we are none the wiser our style of play and we seem to be getting worse rather than better

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Load of shite. 

We have better individual quality than the rest of the league outwidth celtic and to succeed here all you’ve to do is beat the rest and manage to win a couple of old firms.

The coaching of our squad is entirely at fault for how absolutely shite we look. Bringing Kieran Dowell on for Lawrence against Lyon when you’ve other attacking options on the bench and waiting until you’re 4-1 down to address the glaring issue that was Tav against Fofana ffs. We look dreadful against literally everyone we play with the exception of a once in a blue moon performance like against Ross County or Malmo 

Hes a clown 

This. And a top manager will improve shite players to average, average players to good etc & so on. Only need to look at what Postecoglou done for a journeyman no-mark like Anthony Ralston. There’s no system for our players to thrive. They look utterly clueless as to where they should be on the park. Overall just a complete disorganised mess. 

38 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

you could actually see what Gerrard was building towards though and under him we progressively got better, with Clement he has been here a year and we are none the wiser our style of play and we seem to be getting worse rather than better

He beat Malmo, something Gerrard couldn't do.

It's pretty clear that Clement is building a squad. There's an obvious style of play it's just whether it's actually any good.

57 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Who is mccauland? 

Wouldnt be surprised if butland got the time off, so another keeper player, tav we know is done, balogun is 3rd choice centre half just, propper is starter fair nuff, jefte we dont know, might find yilmaz got minutes if hes back training again

Dowell isnt a starter, we know that, dessers is shite, igamane has barely played, mccausland is rubbish lets be honest 

More to the point, if everyone of your list played, easily we'd only keep 3 of them right now, the rest could leave and we wouldn't shed a tear

Wouldn't shed a tear if any of them left. 

But a team costing what they have in salary and transfer fees with many of them in it should be beating a Dundee team in a full or bounce game.

I'd hope half a team of B players supplemented with half a team of starters from the above would beat a Dundee. 

Given how low many including Clement has taken us it's no surprise we haven't.