graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

2 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Barron in a midfield battle by himself would get battered even against the dross.

Don’t see it. The shite in this league barely goes forward and there’s still 4 at the back there 

Doesn’t matter anyway. Manager hasn’t the brains to try anything different so it’ll be two holding midfielders against everyone as usual 

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Don’t see it. The shite in this league barely goes forward and there’s still 4 at the back there 

Doesn’t matter anyway. Manager hasn’t the brains to try anything different so it’ll be two holding midfielders against everyone as usual 

We don't play two holding midfielders anyway. One is given the license to go further forward and then slots back in when defending.

If we want to play with attacking full backs we will always require that.

29 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

We don't play two holding midfielders anyway. One is given the license to go further forward and then slots back in when defending.

The one game last season we played with only one true centre mid was away at Ross County and it was a disaster. Dowell and later Lawrence next to Lundstram. 

The problem hasn’t been with playing 2 centre mids. It’s that they’ve largely been shite and are pedestrian as fuck trying to move the ball.

Some combination of an injured Jack, Raskin or knackered Lundstram playing into Cantwell or Lawrence. They’re just worse players than what celtic have had in the same positions. Before we even get onto the front 3.

Its been a problem since Davis got too old and Kamara chucked it.

40 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

We play a formation that has two holding midfielders. Neither Diomande or Barron offer anything going forward

My selection isn’t playing with attacking full backs. As I said it doesn’t matter anyway as our manager has no intention of trying anything other than the shite system he’s implementing, whatever the fuck it is  

14 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

The one game last season we played with only one true centre mid was away at Ross County and it was a disaster. Dowell and later Lawrence next to Lundstram. 

The problem hasn’t been with playing 2 centre mids. It’s that they’ve largely been shite and are pedestrian as fuck trying to move the ball.

Some combination of an injured Jack, Raskin or knackered Lundstram playing into Cantwell or Lawrence. They’re just worse players than what celtic have had in the same positions. Before we even get onto the front 3.

Its been a problem since Davis got too old and Kamara chucked it.

Dowell :lol:

Im suggesting one holding midfielder in front of a back 4 with everything else in front being attacking, including 2 strikers. I’m suggesting entirely changing our style of play into something a lot more direct domestically. Not moving people around and playing sideways nonsense like we’ve been doing for years now 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We play a formation that has two holding midfielders. Neither Diomande or Barron offer anything going forward

My selection isn’t playing with attacking full backs. As I said it doesn’t matter anyway as our manager has no intention of trying anything other than the shite system he’s implementing, whatever the fuck it is  

Aye and if we played your formation, Barron would get murdered and we'd have zero control of the midfield when we didn't have the ball we'd end up more exposed and toothless than under Clement. 

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Aye and if we played your formation, Barron would get murdered and we'd have zero control of the midfield when we didn't have the ball we'd end up more exposed and toothless than under Clement. 

Nope. Would be coached better and the defence would be where it’s meant to be as we aren’t playing with full backs and instead using our forward players as wingers 

As I said most of the dog shite in this league don’t leave their own half 90% of the game so there’s really no consistent threat of what you’re suggesting 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Nope. Would be coached better and the defence would be where it’s meant to be as we aren’t playing with full backs and instead using our forward players as wingers 

As I said most of the dog shite in this league don’t leave their own half 90% of the game so there’s really no consistent threat of what you’re suggesting 

It'll be your 5 attacking players against a bank of 10. The league would be laughing. 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Dowell :lol:

Im suggesting one holding midfielder in front of a back 4 with everything else in front being attacking, including 2 strikers. I’m suggesting entirely changing our style of play into something a lot more direct domestically. Not moving people around and playing sideways nonsense like we’ve been doing for years now 

Agree the playing style has been pish. But that’s mostly a product of personnel.

celtic don’t score a lot domestically because they’re playing with 5 strikers.

It’s because McGregor, Hatate, O’Riley, Bernardo etc moved the ball fast, play on the turn, run off the ball, run into the box, shoot.

They move it so fast between them they get their wingers one vs one a lot. 

Raskin, Lundstram, Jack before and even Barron, Sterling etc now are limited players. They don’t have the ability to take it on the turn, to move it quickly and put our wingers or full backs in space quickly.

Their first touch is back to goal and then the only option is pass it sideways. Thats an ability problem. 

41 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Agree the playing style has been pish. But that’s mostly a product of personnel.

celtic don’t score a lot domestically because they’re playing with 5 strikers.

It’s because McGregor, Hatate, O’Riley, Bernardo etc moved the ball fast, play on the turn, run off the ball, run into the box, shoot.

They move it so fast between them they get their wingers one vs one a lot. 

Raskin, Lundstram, Jack before and even Barron, Sterling etc now are limited players. They don’t have the ability to take it on the turn, to move it quickly and put our wingers or full backs in space quickly.

Their first touch is back to goal and then the only option is pass it sideways. Thats an ability problem. 

Nah, it’s a product of shite coaching. Didn’t read the rest 

29 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Only Cortés and Matondo injured now. Hopefully, this can continue...

The match threads have become predictable.

Expect to see many variations from posters in the coming weeks with competition for places now.

We've barely got a good strongest 11 with everyone fit. 

9 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We've barely got a good strongest 11 with everyone fit. 

I'd be happy with this. It is fairly strong with two more added in January. (it won't happen)

Butland

Sterling  Souttar  Kasanwirjo  Jefté

Barron

Cerny   Lawrence  Bajrami     

Igamane Danilo

53 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'd be happy with this. It is fairly strong with two more added in January. (it won't happen)

Butland

Barron

Igamane Danilo

That’s what that gap between Barron and Lawrence would look like.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Nah, it’s a product of shite coaching. Didn’t read the rest 

I do think we need to see better coaching and structure in the team. 

We're far too easy to play against as showing when we've gone against stronger teams. 

Even if we do go and add better players. It will only get us so far if we've not got a good coaching system behind them. 

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Only Cortés and Matondo injured now. Hopefully, this can continue...

The match threads have become predictable.

Expect to see many variations from posters in the coming weeks with competition for places now.

Arguably two of the potentially more exciting players, instead of the turgid one paced (slow!) pish. 

3 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Our play is predictable as fuck, play back and forth between C/Hs until we give to Barron who in turn returns it back, then out to either side to go back in, when its tight its a long ball straight to other team, rinse and repeat.

Very true unfortunately, then you have the slow throw ins -slow predictable set pieces, there just is no urgency or direct leadership 

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Butland

Barron

Igamane Danilo

I’m all for us being less pragmatic, but the side still needs to be properly balanced. That team isn’t balanced and Barron would get murdered in midfield playing on his own there.

20 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I’m all for us being less pragmatic, but the side still needs to be properly balanced. That team isn’t balanced and Barron would get murdered in midfield playing on his own there.

I'm not saying that's how we set up in Europe or against them, but our setup against the rest of Scotland is too negative, in my opinion.

The way it is set up right now it's almost like a back 5 and Diomande is the one getting murdered in midfield.

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Butland

Barron

Igamane Danilo

Propper in at CH.

Kasanwirjo move to LB.

Jefte move to LW

Bajrami move to the no10.

Above tweaks imo give us the strongest 11 I'd love to see especially at home against the shite in our league. Will never happen obviously.

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Propper in at CH.

Kasanwirjo move to LB.

Jefte move to LW

Bajrami move to the no10.

Above tweaks imo give us the strongest 11 I'd love to see especially at home against the shite in our league. Will never happen obviously.

Yes, there are many options now. As I said, we will see many variations in the match threads in the coming weeks, especially with a busier schedule. 

And don't forget Diomande & Ridvan as options and hopefully Cortés soon.