Is Clement getting an easy ride?

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

That’s a complete Rangers Da’ take.

I'm not having any of it.

I get that it can tell you who's at a heightened risk of injury etc and who's probably not able to play and its good for that.

In regards to data however especially when it comes to match performance is too muh. Expected shots and all that is just a complete nonsense.

1 minute ago, Blue Hugh said:

I'm not having any of it.

I get that it can tell you who's at a heightened risk of injury etc and who's probably not able to play and its good for that.

In regards to data however especially when it comes to match performance is too muh. Expected shots and all that is just a complete nonsense.

So if you were around in the 80’s would you would have moaned about the more modern methods Souness brought over and implemented and complained that they were a nonsense just because you didn’t see the benefit of them?

And for what it’s worth, I’m not a big stats guy, but I think people who think sport science is a joke and that it’s ruining the game are just people stuck in the past. Players across the board are physically fitter, stronger and in a lot of cases playing for far longer than they ever have before. It maybe makes the game more sterile and takes the unpredictable maverick factor out of it a little bit but it’s clearly effective on players overall fitness.

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

So if you were around in the 80’s would you would have moaned about the more modern methods Souness brought over and implemented and complained that they were a nonsense just because you didn’t see the benefit of them?

And for what it’s worth, I’m not a big stats guy, but I think people who think sport science is a joke and that it’s ruining the game are just people stuck in the past. Players across the board are physically fitter, stronger and in a lot of cases playing for far longer than they ever have before. It maybe makes the game more sterile and takes the unpredictable maverick factor out of it a little bit but it’s clearly effective on players overall fitness.

I'm not saying its a joke sports science is beneficial as I said in determining who can be played and that but stats I can't get on board with at all.

17 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

That’s a complete Rangers Da’ take.

Doesn’t mean it’s wrong tbh.

Cerny for example was capable of playing at least 45 mins, but we didn’t start him (and try and get ourselves in a strong position) because he was advised not to. 

If the board are actually laying the groundwork for sacking Clement (which I think we can all see coming) then who lays the groundwork for getting them to fuck? 

How much longer do they hold us down with their incompetence? 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

If the board are actually laying the groundwork for sacking Clement (which I think we can all see coming) then who lays the groundwork for getting them to fuck? 

Why would they be doing that they gave him a new contract

Just now, KingKirk said:

How do we see this ending lads because it has to end. The only escape I can see is fresh investment. 

I don't see anyone investing. 

There's no money in Scottish football, so the only reason someone would invest is if they are a Rangers fan and want to help and I feel like we've exhausted most if that avenue already. 

2 hours ago, Lovenkraaands said:

I wouldn’t be surprised.

We’re sinking so low, that doesn’t disturb me as much as it should.

I was against it when he was initially linked with us, but fuck it, gamble on Lampard. Can we get any worse?

He took Derby to the Championship Play-Off final and qualified for the Champions League with Chelsea, having had to cope with a transfer embargo. A total shitshow after the embargo was lifted and again at Everton, but if he done well at Chelsea and Goodison, we wouldn’t get near him.

And the ones we’ve put in up to now have been world beaters??At least Robinson gets his team to play football and would come from a Rangers background.

2 hours ago, Lovenkraaands said:

I wouldn’t be surprised.

We’re sinking so low, that doesn’t disturb me as much as it should.

I was against it when he was initially linked with us, but fuck it, gamble on Lampard. Can we get any worse?

He took Derby to the Championship Play-Off final and qualified for the Champions League with Chelsea, having had to cope with a transfer embargo. A total shitshow after the embargo was lifted and again at Everton, but if he done well at Chelsea and Goodison, we wouldn’t get near him.

I know things are bad, but we're not quite at Frank Lampard levels of bad.

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

How do we see this ending lads because it has to end. The only escape I can see is fresh investment. 

New, uninspiring manager but finish outside the top 6 following a 25pt deduction following administration 

Just now, Moody Blue said:

Agreed, but imagine sanctioning buying a guy and train to run at this level, let alone play. Amateur hour but completely unsurprising. 

Don't know how precarious it is but if its 2012 levels of bad then surely there would be rumours of it by now, shudder at the thought of it tbh. 

No question that we are woefully mismanaged though.

6 minutes ago, Blue Hugh said:

I'm concerned that the board aren't being fully transparent about the financial situation.

That's exactly what I think as well. 

Think the stadium debacle has put rest to any further transfer activity, probably why Clement got the new, oddly timed contract as well. To shut him up in the short term.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Think the stadium debacle has put rest to any further transfer activity, probably why Clement got the new, oddly timed contract as well. To shut him up in the short term.

Will be interesting when the annual accounts are released.

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

And 1 maybe 2 Sellable assets.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

If the board are actually laying the groundwork for sacking Clement (which I think we can all see coming) then who lays the groundwork for getting them to fuck

Someone coming up with about £30/40m and paying them all off.