Jim Gillespie, rumoured new CEO.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Is that not where he started with the FA but he worked his way up? When he left the FA he had the same job title with them as Stewart Robertson had with us.

I think he was in the job a long time, then his pal who was the CEO bumped him up to a made-up 'managing director' position where he dealt with 'Club England'. I don't think that role exists anymore as they went back to a traditional C-Suite + non-exec directors

I have no doubt the guy has had exposure to some 'exec' type work and he has clearly done well for himself, but he doesn't have CEO experience of a football club like ours turning over what we do and that was my criticism of Gillespie

We should be looking to bring someone in from south of the border given we have nobody internally who can step up. If the club wasn't a total shitshow filled with charlatans you'd usually have a few decent in-house candidates to benchmark external people to. 

4 minutes ago, rangersross said:

That’s one possibility. To be honest, I haven’t encountered many people who have the mentality to get a job offer like that only to realise it’s too big for them. For the sake of the club, let’s hope it’s true though, because it’s probably the most palatable explanation at this point. 

That, or he doesnt fancy the abuse that will most likely follow :lol: 

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I think he was in the job a long time, then his pal who was the CEO bumped him up to a made-up 'managing director' position where he dealt with 'Club England'. I don't think that role exists anymore as they went back to a traditional C-Suite + non-exec directors

I have no doubt the guy has had exposure to some 'exec' type work and he has clearly done well for himself, but he doesn't have CEO experience of a football club like ours turning over what we do and that was my criticism of Gillespie

We should be looking to bring someone in from south of the border given we have nobody internally who can step up. If the club wasn't a total shitshow filled with charlatans you'd usually have a few decent in-house candidates to benchmark external people to. 

Aye fair doos, I read a profile on him and it made it sound as if he was some sort of hotshot who started in a low ranking role at the FA but worked his way up into one of the top positions and had a lot of influence and had experience working with the clubs I mentioned above. He probably wrote it himself :lol: 

Agree with the last bit which was why I liked the sound of him but cant argue with what you've said.

Put it this way, you’d much rather find out he doesn’t fancy it now than a few months into the role. 

I was surprised his name was leaked to the press a few weeks ago, as normally C-Suite level searches are very confidential and the headhunters you employ to find candidates know this. 

Regardless, he didn’t have the CV for the role. You never truly know someone’s attributes until they’re in the building (I’ve hired people with outstanding CVs on paper and they’ve been some of my worst hires), but we should be aiming a bit higher than someone of his ilk. 

Genuinely at the stage where I think you just give it to Souness, least he’ll be a bit of a figurehead. 

1 minute ago, plymouthranger said:

Put it this way, you’d much rather find out he doesn’t fancy it now than a few months into the role. 

I was surprised his name was leaked to the press a few weeks ago, as normally C-Suite level searches are very confidential and the headhunters you employ to find candidates know this. 

Regardless, he didn’t have the CV for the role. You never truly know someone’s attributes until they’re in the building (I’ve hired people with outstanding CVs on paper and they’ve been some of my worst hires), but we should be aiming a bit higher than someone of his ilk. 

Genuinely at the stage where I think you just give it to Souness, least he’ll be a bit of a figurehead. 

Why would you give a CEO role of a company that turns over 84 million pounds to an ex footballer who’s basically a radio shock jock at this stage of his career :confused:

9 hours ago, rangersross said:

Honestly think it’s pretty concerning (and embarrassing) a guy in his position turned our CEO job down. Particularly as he supports the club. 

He was the nailed on yes man Rangers fan, and he's turned the board down fs.

We're so far up shit creek it's unbelievable.

Untouchable.

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Why would you give a CEO role of a company that turns over 84 million pounds to an ex footballer who’s basically a radio shock jock at this stage of his career :confused:

Also a guy who doesn't appear to think there's much of a difference between us and them. Anyone coming into the job thinking that will fail. We need someone who can face reality, recognise what has to be done and has the chops to do it. 

4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Also a guy who doesn't appear to think there's much of a difference between us and them. Anyone coming into the job thinking that will fail. We need someone who can face reality, recognise what has to be done and has the chops to do it. 

I don't think there really is in reality, 3 quality players through the spine of the side(CB, CM, ST) and we'd look like a different team.

22 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

You think we employed headhunters and they came back with this guy? He was clearly identified because he has links to the board and wouldn't rock the boat. 

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

You think we employed headhunters and they came back with this guy? He was clearly identified because he has links to the board and wouldn't rock the boat. 

I don’t doubt the intentions of the Park’s, but you have to wonder what their end game is. If they’ve grown up Rangers fans, they can’t be happy to accept second best constantly.

Even the most shielded of people must know how they are being perceived. Making a rip roaring cunt of it, especially the son. 

10 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

You take out Hatate, Vickers and Furuhashi and they don't look the same side.

We have a squad full of supporting actors.

We have a squad full of shite. They are better than us in every position, have more squad depth and a better manager by the looks of it. That's before we get to both clubs financial position. Thinking we are 3 players away from being on their level is head in the sand stuff I'm afraid.

It's not nice to admit but it's the position we're in.

10 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

We have a squad full of shite. They are better than us in every position, have more squad depth and a better manager by the looks of it. That's before we get to both clubs financial position. Thinking we are 3 players away from being on their level is head in the sand stuff I'm afraid.

It's not nice to admit but it's the position we're in.

GK - Schmeichel, Sinisalo, Bain
RB - Johnston, Ralston
CB - Trusty, Scales, Nawrocki, Welsh
LB - Taylor, Valle
CM - McGregor, Engels, Bernardo, McCowan, Holm
W - Maeda, Palma, Kuhn, Yang, Forrest
ST - Idah

You take away the three players I mentioned, that's their squad. Some good players but nobody I'd be terrified about. The big difference is they have players who can make a difference in each area of the park. I don't think our whole team is shite either, shite tactics and some players who still need moved on.