Where do we go from here?

15 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He was one game away from getting the bullet before Covid shut everything down. 

People need to get over Gerrard being some sort of benchmark to aspire to, his record over the piece was abysmal. 

Just wish we would stop bringing him up. Stop looking back and look at what we've got right now and for the future.

Gerrard wouldn’t touch it anyway. Part of the reason he left was because he wanted more financial backing. Why would he come back now when he’s earning a fortune in Saudi, with access to a near unlimited budget and we can offer him a broken club with no proper infrastructure and a budget that could barely get you two things from the Poundland bargain bin.

36 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Need to remember when Gerrard took over they were ‘decades ahead of Rangers’ and scores would be ‘whatever they wanted them to be’.

He’d got us an OF win within 6 months, with the likes of Worral, Halliday, McCrorie and Candeias in the team. Wasn’t smooth sailing, but it was a rookie manager who won the title within 3 seasons and built the core of a team that went to a European final. 

Similarly, we were going to go on and dominate for years to come once their ‘house of cards collapsed’. Gravy veins came in and after a rocky start won the league, and then went onto a treble.

Football turns quickly. A good manager and half a dozen astute signings and it can flip from one to another. Need to get the back of house in order first though, give us a platform to build from.

We are absolutely all over the place at the moment. 

Two of those four get in our team

All of this stems back to the summer of 2021.

The anomaly of the Europa League run aside, we have been a car crash both on and off the pitch.

GvB domestically was a disaster, Beale and Clement have only continued the decline on the pitch.

Off the pitch, we are ran like the local bowling club

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

People need to get over Gerrard being some sort of benchmark to aspire to, his record over the piece was abysmal. 

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Just wish we would stop bringing him up. Stop looking back and look at what we've got right now and for the future.

Missing the point completely. I’m not pining for him or wanting him back. 

It was that a rookie manager with a worse squad had us competing in one off games almost immediately, and that the right appointment with a handful of good signings can turn things around. Seen it at both sides. 

I'd be on my knees begging Muscat to come. Read an article by Kenny miller saying how he is punching. Has the 9th biggest budget in that league yet has them top despite losing about 7 players. Also says that ship has sailed though.

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He brought standards but he also brought issues with 1 trophy in 9. Cup defeats to Aberdeen and St Johnstone. Creating a big game mentality against the lesser clubs which caused more issues for us in games. Not selling players to make us money. Was about to get the sack before covid. 

I'll always be grateful for 55 but he doesn't need to come back. I don't think he would anyway. 

Every able bodied man woman and child that can should be outside the doors of Ibrox demanding change and for the better,if that doesnt help we should stop going to matches even when we are back at Ibrox or if we do go in we should make it as clear as possible to the board that we want them out.Banners, singing shouting abuse.Its the only way this board is going to listen to the fans.It wont happen though as our support  is not united enough for this to happen.So prepare for more years of this mediocrity from the board as they accept second best and are more than happy to take our money without hesitation.The only thing that bothers them is getting silly little plaques with their names on  it with projects that have made a loss to the club by being over budget.

11 minutes ago, RFCHTID said:

Every able bodied man woman and child that can should be outside the doors of Ibrox demanding change and for the better,if that doesnt help we should stop going to matches even when we are back at Ibrox or if we do go in we should make it as clear as possible to the board that we want them out.Banners, singing shouting abuse.Its the only way this board is going to listen to the fans.It wont happen though as our support  is not united enough for this to happen.So prepare for more years of this mediocrity from the board as they accept second best and are more than happy to take our money without hesitation.The only thing that bothers them is getting silly little plaques with their names on  it with projects that have made a loss to the club by being over budget.

I agree with your ideas, the problem is this has been touted many times and being honest, there isn't enough motivation within the support to get up and do anything. They'd rather complain behind their keyboards

16 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

It already has.

The SPFL is no different to the French league. Other than a one season blip, the same team wins it every year. It's depressing. 

At least the French league has a level of quality to it and produces world class talents consistently, we're like a shite version of the French league with shite players and shite football. Some laugh.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

McCrorie’s debatable, would take him then over Barron and Diomande in midfield.

Worrall is better than Souttar.

Worrall at Killie was on the level of Rob Kiernan. 

McCrorie wasn't great for us, had some absolute horror shows and found his level at Aberdeen.

7 hours ago, lau03143 said:

You're quoting me Swansea and Blackpool as evidence that running up sand dunes is how to get our fitness to the next level. Think you're proving my point.

No. They are just ones that came up at first ask. I ask again. Do you consider our fitness at an acceptable level given SPFL and European challenges? Regardless of skill etc is our fitness what it should be?

20 hours ago, shaka said:

It's really worrying.  For all that Clement just doesn't seem to be learning and adapting from each failure, do we really trust the board to replace him with anyone capable of doing any better.  It really shouldn't be as hard as all the managers we've had recently have made it out to be.  Bring in some solidity in defence, get the midfield to operate as a collective and have the creative players move the ball at pace.  We just need someone to come in and make us very hard to beat, then have pace in attack with quick transitions.  Instead we seem to keep finding managers who stubbornly adhere to a rigid system which they won't change even when we're behind.

100%

I see Matondo is out for weeks with a hamstring injury. Matondo is injury prone and shite, but the real issue here is why players are allowed to continue when they are injured. I've never known someone to pull a hamstring and miraculously get up and play on.

Where do we go from here? For starters, find proper physios.