Nations League 24/25

2 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Any other manager with one win in 15 would be sacked by now.

Yup. This is by far a worse run than anything seen under Vogts. 

Apparently Scotlands worst run of form in history and also the worst form in European football in the last 12 months and one of the worst in the world. San Marino, Gibraltar etc have had more results than Scotland.

I remember the abuse Vogts got from our media, some of it deserved as Scotland were shite under him but Clarke doesn't get any scrutiny. Bizzare.

55 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Yup. This is by far a worse run than anything seen under Vogts. 

Apparently Scotlands worst run of form in history and also the worst form in European football in the last 12 months and one of the worst in the world. San Marino, Gibraltar etc have had more results than Scotland.

I remember the abuse Vogts got from our media, some of it deserved as Scotland were shite under him but Clarke doesn't get any scrutiny. Bizzare.

The argument always comes back to well Clarke qualified for 2 x euros. 

It gets ignored by the media the team was absolutely shite and didn't win a single game at these tournaments. 

The SFA will continue to ignore this instead of accepting that he's a bust. 

9 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The argument always comes back to well Clarke qualified for 2 x euros. 

It gets ignored by the media the team was absolutely shite and didn't win a single game at these tournaments. 

The SFA will continue to ignore this instead of accepting that he's a bust. 

A manager like Clarke will always run his course after a few years.

He is good at organising a team - which is what Scotland needed, but...... the only way is down, he is limited in what he can do to progress a team.

Scotland are pretty turgid to watch, and other than central midfield and wing backs, Scotland aren't blessed with much talent.

The current crop of attacking players is as thin as I ever remember. The centre back options aren't exactly ripe either.

28 minutes ago, Badger said:

He is good at organising a team - which is what Scotland needed, but...... the only way is down, he is limited in what he can do to progress a team.

Scotland are pretty turgid to watch, and other than central midfield and wing backs, Scotland aren't blessed with much talent.

The current crop of attacking players is as thin as I ever remember. The centre back options aren't exactly ripe either.

To be fair to Clarke, you can’t question how consistent we’ve become.

Gone from Scotland to Scotlandorra.

5 hours ago, Badger said:

The bar was that low that qualification for main tournaments has been considered a success. There has been no ambition beyond that, and there has been a "happy to be here" vibe. 

He should have been sacked after the Euros. I think even going into that tournament he was on a 4 or 5 game winless streak, and allied to that the football is unwatchable, bringing the likes of Gordon back laughable too. 

2 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

The bar was that low that qualification for main tournaments has been considered a success. There has been no ambition beyond that, and there has been a "happy to be here" vibe. 

He should have been sacked after the Euros. I think even going into that tournament he was on a 4 or 5 game winless streak, and allied to that the football is unwatchable, bringing the likes of Gordon back laughable too. 

His ‘ambition’ going to Germany was four points.

Even admitting that should have earned him a sacking.

Defeat to Portugal will be five in a row, officially the worst run of results in our entire history.

Really wonder how bad it has to be before the arseholes at Hampden wake up.

I'm quite balanced when it comes to Steve Clarke, as Scotland manager anyway, I think he's an arsehole outwith...

Anyway, it's easy to look back with hindsight and say just qualifying for Finals shouldn't be enough, before Euro 2020(1) I genuinely didn't think we'd see a Finals ever again, it just felt like it was never going to happen, so getting to two in quick succession is a huge success, also he's the first manager to get us to two Euros, and no manager has ever got us to three tournaments, so in that sense I could see why he's been given this last chance.

The football at the Euros was brutal, it tends to be quite often but when we're getting results, it's easier to ignore, but going out the Euros without so much as a wimper should've at least seen far more scrutiny than he got.

These last three results haven't went our way, but we've played quite well with severely decimated squads, if this was the first 3 games of a new manager, I think people would be saying stuff like they're encouraged with how we've played and taking all the positives from it, however because it's Clarke, it's just added to his recent record, which is terrible.

I'm of the opinion that when things get this bad, it very seldom turns around, and when you're in a position like ours (Group A), there'll be few opportunities play teams that would allow us to rebuild positive momentum, we'll unquestionably be pot 3 going into the World Cup quakifiers, and if our Pot 2 team is a douzy, then that'll be another World Cup we'll not get near.

I'm unsure if we'll get a manager that'll get more out of these players than Clarke (when the squad us fully fit), but I'm also at a stage where I just think Clarke is at the point of no return in terms of results.