Philippe Clement views amongst the support post-Kilmarnock

crmpicco

Philippe Clement  

278 members have voted

1. 1. What do we do?

• Keep him
    • Sack him

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 22/10/24 at 21:05

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Nobody, and I doubt any name we get linked with will please everybody. Muscat’s only ‘rated’ because Postecoglu won this league.

He’ll likely finish second to a team that finished 5th last season and not won the league in 20 year.

They spent money on two players and one of them was €1.2m, and a grand total of €1.4m.

Just ignoring the improved points and massively improved (and far superior goal difference to Shenhua) then?

Its fairly obvious you don’t want Muscat or rate him from your posts but he has them playing better and scoring far more this season so just saying he’s taken the best team and made them finish second is ignoring the details

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Agreed. I think we need a strong personality first and foremost. Somebody who has aura instantly installs confidence not only in the players, but in everybody around them. His results were hit and miss, but look at the lift everybody associates with the club got when Gerrard came in. The problem is, I’m not sure who’s out there that comes in and gives off a similar vibe right away.

There's a part of me that wants things to align where Glasner is binned by Palace and we snap him up :lol: but is he the type of personality you mentioned? Doesn't really seem like it. What about his style of play, would it fit us? Not really sure. That's before you even get into unrealistic in terms of wages etc. :lol:

32 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Our biggest problem right now, amongst many, is our lack of goals. What I would do for two up top. 

A fit Danilo & Igamane playing together has potential. 

As bad as Dessers is, he is far too isolated. We really need to get away from that set up. It's too easy to defend against.

Our biggest problem right now is the manager.

6 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

It ended badly, but bloody hell the lift and togetherness we all got when Gerrard came to Ibrox was something I don't think i've experienced. 

It was that proper 'celebrity' boost.

It felt like the standards across the board immediately lifted. No more Warburton’s, Caixinha’s and Murty’s. I feel like we are in a similar position to that just now. We need something, somebody, who’s going to just lift the atmosphere and inspire confidence.

51 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

He’s had a budget since he came in last November but it’s nowhere near enough to bring in the calibre of player required to compete in Europe and win the league. Finishing second wasn’t good enough and neither it should be but whoever is manager give him the funds that’ll put our squad on a level playing field.

Also when you look at that budget take into account the players that left in the summer. 
Do you really believe he was given enough to bring in the calibre of player required?

If this poll is representative of the wider fan base his days are numbered. 

Do you think he’s getting the best out of the squad available?

his tactics and formations aren’t working at all but he persists

The players body language imo they arent behind it at all

we can talk about budgets so we should compare what Killie’s squad is valued to ours and they seemed to compete just fine 

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It felt like the standards across the board immediately lifted. No more Warburton’s, Caixinha’s and Murty’s. I feel like we are in a similar position to that just now. We need something, somebody, who’s going to just lift the atmosphere and inspire confidence.

We definitely need someone to come in and unify the club and the support again, a galvanising voice in that mould.

16 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Just ignoring the improved points and massively improved (and far superior goal difference to Shenhua) then?

Its fairly obvious you don’t want Muscat or rate him from your posts but he has them playing better and scoring far more this season so just saying he’s taken the best team and made them finish second is ignoring the details

It might ignore details, it’s also factual.

22 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Aye that’s the only reason I want Muscat because of the fat tadger 🤣

I’m out 

If we were linked with a guy who’s only success was in Australia and Japan, the majority of which was 6+ year ago, and Postecoglu hadn’t dominated here, it would be laughed at.

If my auntie had balls she’d be my uncle and all that patter.

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If we were linked with a guy who’s only success was in Australia and Japan, the majority of which was 6+ year ago, and Postecoglu hadn’t dominated here, it would be laughed at.

If my auntie had balls she’d be my uncle and all that patter.

Thanks for clarifying my reasons for wanting Muscat mate.  

44 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

There’s nobody who ticks all the boxes.

Ideally need a strong personality who gives off a Souness, Smith or Gerrard like aura, but we also need them to encourage attacking football, while keeping the team solid at the back.

There’s not a manager out there, at least within whatever budget we are going to be working with, who ticks all of those boxes. We will need to decide  which one of those three traits are the most important and appoint accordingly.

Nah we'll definitely not get someone that ticks all boxes and our entire support will be behind.

There will always be some flaw that gets focused in on. 

For me it's the last two traits attacking football with a solid defensive unit to fall back on. 

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We need somebody to that in the fuckin board room as well as on the pitch :lol:

3 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

I’ve never said Clement is blameless, he’s not been good enough this season, my concern is he’s had to reduce the wage bill, watch established players leave for nothing and been given a budget since he came in which is nowhere near enough to rebuild a squad with the calibre of players required. 

I have little faith that the current board can find a man who will transform us into a title winning team under the same restrictions.

Going on past appointments have you?

Not as it stands no. And there's no obvious solution that's strongly likely to allow us to seriously compete with the scum for a title.  But that doesn't mean we just stick with Clement if there's no progress or even actually a decline in what we're seeing.

You won't but I do compare it to the sheep and how they're getting on, results and how they went toe to toe at the weekend. Them and others have fractions of what we have, of what Clement spent. Killie miles less than that. Hearts too. Yet they all embarrass us.

I would still have patience this season if I saw this progress but I don't. I'd unfortunately accept 2nd place if we were beating the rest, showing a style of play that shows were better than the rest outwith that mob. It ain't happening. 

There’s risks if we were to go with muscat and he doesn't get us better looking by the summer as the same could happen. There's risks getting a caretaker in til the Summer and recruit from there. But there's arguably more risks in persevering with a guy just not cutting it and who the players don't seem to graft for. If we were to keep him we'd need to trust him in the January window which could honestly just be worsening things even more for the next guy.

Bottom line is other lesser clubs with far weaker squads are teaching us lessons and I've no trust he's got a clue how to deal with it never mind will actually do so. Time for him to go gardening if we can't afford to sack him.

Will be easily 5,000 empty seats on Thursday. Apathy has already hit the fanbase, when results continue it’ll become more evident. It started on Saturday with empty seats at an away game.

Compared to Kilmarnock in February where you couldn’t even see the stairs in the stand. 

I can’t believe it’s the same manager who managed us the first 6 months and the last 6. The difference is incredible 

27 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Will be easily 5,000 empty seats on Thursday. Apathy has already hit the fanbase, when results continue it’ll become more evident. It started on Saturday with empty seats at an away game.

Compared to Kilmarnock in February where you couldn’t even see the stairs in the stand. 

I can’t believe it’s the same manager who managed us the first 6 months and the last 6. The difference is incredible 

Not even convinced it’s apathy tbh, the football is absolutely dreadful and it’s an absolute chore watching us, I very rarely enjoy watching us and the more the bad weather comes in the more of an effort it will take to attend. 

9 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Not even convinced it’s apathy tbh, the football is absolutely dreadful and it’s an absolute chore watching us, I very rarely enjoy watching us and the more the bad weather comes in the more of an effort it will take to attend. 

There’s no real anger within the support. We’re dangerously close to the edge of just accepting where we are as a club. I’m not even sure if we have a chance of turning it around in the next 5 years tbh

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

There’s no real anger within the support. We’re dangerously close to the edge of just accepting where we are as a club. I’m not even sure if we have a chance of turning it around in the next 5 years tbh

I think anger is building mate big time, the board if we can even call them that got away with murder as they are supposed Rangers men but I think it’s due to go nuclear tbh.