* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

24 minutes ago, only14me said:

My first pint cost 11d (pre-decimalisation). There were no pubs in The Drum at the time and I had to travel to Clydebank. Would go out on a Friday night with a ten bob note and some change, have a great night out and still have money left for the chippy on the way home. Life was much simpler back then.

That's less than 5 pence:cheers:, what  year was that young man?

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, only14me said:

My first pint cost 11d (pre-decimalisation). There were no pubs in The Drum at the time and I had to travel to Clydebank. Would go out on a Friday night with a ten bob note and some change, have a great night out and still have money left for the chippy on the way home. Life was much simpler back then.

How much did it cost to get a picture taken/ drawn?

8 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Hopefully a bad one for thumb, they'll have no choice but to keep the cash cow 

Dunno what happened to thumb , canny be much chance of dembellend being match fit , 

Gordon no out for second half , subbed due to him involved in a collision 

Had a think about Brenda complaining about transfer talk blah blah blah. Then I am sure that when that other diddy they have on loan from Psg scored a hattrick, Brenda was talking about this guys transfer value n not being for sale... Not even a sellik player. 

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

That's less than 5 pence:cheers:, what  year was that young man?

1965. That was for a pint of Light ale. Not the best of beers but I was only starting out and hadn’t acquired a taste for quality. Too many years on the Lanliq and Eldorado before that. 

3 minutes ago, only14me said:

1965. That was for a pint of Light ale. Not the best of beers but I was only starting out and hadn’t acquired a taste for quality. Too many years on the Lanliq and Eldorado before that. 

Rather preferred Four Crown or Old English myself :mutley:

In 1966 you could take an empty ginger bottle into the off licence and get it filled from the barrel for 15 old pennies,or 1/3d ,which probably equates to about  6 pence today. :dance:
Probably the reason i'm on stomach pills for life. :thinking:

Archived