Kenny Miller Total Discussion Thread

McBoyd

So Einstein, what was your point?

You'll miss it anyway or try to bury it in semantics. Again.

No matter - there were plenty of indications prior to the Villareal debacle that we were heading for trouble with certain chants. My point was that the customers aren't always right.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we need to do something, say something, that states that we won't stand for being shat on and treated like something scraped off the bottom of their shoes.

But again, what could be done that wouldn't affect the team? Taking our frustrations out on Miller, as disappointing as it may be, seems the only solution. Given his history, I can't be too sympathetic towards him.

What about a banner about Miller?

I think we need to do something, say something, that states that we won't stand for being shat on and treated like something scraped off the bottom of their shoes.

But again, what could be done that wouldn't affect the team? Taking our frustrations out on Miller, as disappointing as it may be, seems the only solution. Given his history, I can't be too sympathetic towards him.

Did we not already do that?

So Einstein, what was your point?

You'll miss it anyway or try to bury it in semantics. Again.

No matter - there were plenty of indications prior to the Villareal debacle that we were heading for trouble with certain chants. My point was that the customers aren't always right.

And my point is that we are not just customers, Mr Semantics :rolleyes:

The only popularity contest Kenny Miller will concern himself with is the one that will determine Walter Smith's preferred strike partnership from Rangers' abundant roster.

Miller made a predictably eventful second debut for the club in the otherwise sedate start of Rangers' pre-season tour of Netherlands and Germany. Victory over SC Preussen Munster was memorable only for the hollow howls of disapproval from a section of the supporters vexed by the acquisition of a former Celtic player, one whose archive of goals has hardly helped his cause second time around.

It is hard not to root for the 28-year-old as he begins a controversial new chapter of a career pock-marked with profligacy yet sustained through sheer willpower. Miller is an honest professional. He does not hide behind the cliche of fans having the right to freely express their opinion. Instead, he spoke openly of the irritation caused by his £1.8m transfer from Derby County and reaffirmed his respect for the manager who refused to allow public opinion to cloud his judgment.

Like Maurice Johnston, Rangers' first high-profile Catholic signing, Miller believes he will never be universally accepted by the Rangers diaspora. Silverware, though, has a history of easing hostilities.

"I knew the script coming back here; I knew what would be in store," he said of the half-hearted protests in the Preussenstadion on Sunday evening. "There will be some people who I will never win over, but the main thing is the club is successful. If I play my part in it, then brilliant.

"If we win the league and have it in the bag at the end of the season, then everybody will be happy. There will still be people who won't accept me, but I just want to do my best for the club. We all want the same thing: success for Rangers."

After the bittersweet end to last season, winning the domestic cup double but losing the UEFA Cup and Clydesdale Bank Premier League in a chaotic climax, Smith has stockpiled strikers with the arrival of Miller, Andrius Velicka and Kyle Lafferty for a combined £6.5m.

There are some fans I will never win over, but the main thing is the club is successful

Miller was part of the Derby County team that departed the Barclays Premier League with the lowest points total in the division's history. It was not this, nor indeed his modest success at Celtic, that convinced Smith to re-sign Miller for Rangers, but rather the memory of their relationship at international level.

Miller was the catalyst for Smith's Scotland revolution, the tireless Trojan enabling the then national coach to adopt the 4-1-4-1 formation that provided a secure platform for rejuvenation. He is expected to perform a similar task for Rangers in high-stakes away games, but will generally offer the kind of mobility and dynamism that Jean-Claude Darcheville managed only in spurts last season.

Curiously, he may also bring out the best in Kris Boyd if Smith decides to pair the man who can do nothing but score with the one who can do everything else but.

"I know I have the backing of my team-mates, the management and the coaching staff," said Miller. "They wouldn't have brought me back here if that wasn't going to be the case. I had their backing when I was in the national team and that was another reason why this decision was so easy for me to make. They were the management team that got the best out of me and I am hoping they will help me translate that into my club form.

"I don't think I ever let them down with Scotland and hopefully it will be the same with Rangers. I know it is up to me to repay them because they got a bit of stick as well for the signing. It is up to me to repay that faith by putting in performances that will help the club be successful."

Now, the small print. Since making his first-team debut for Hibernian in 1997, Miller has managed an economic 91 league goals. First time around at Rangers, he scored eight times, but his opportunities were restricted to a dozen starts under Dick Advocaat. More recently, he scored on seven occasions for Celtic in the Premier League after a barren start and just four for the hapless Derby in England's top division.

Miller's nickname, Goals', is an uncontestable misnomer but the striker stressed he is a more rounded individual than the scrawny youngster whose highlight first time around at Rangers was a Champions League goal against AS Monaco.

"It is a different squad and I am totally different player as well," he said. "When I first came, I was a young lad. I had only really played one whole season with Hibs before I moved. Now I have had a good eight or nine years. I feel I have become a far better player and I bring a lot more to the team now. I can't change the way I play. Everything I have goes into my game. Hopefully that, and a lot of goals, will win the supporters back over."

Having waited nine games to score his maiden goal at Celtic, ironically against Rangers in a 2-0 win in September 2006, Miller's cause would be helped greatly with a tangible contribution in the forthcoming Champions League qualifier against either Santa Colomo or, more likely, FB Kaunas. Victory would yield the financial windfall on which Rangers are now dependent and ensure an attitude adjustment among sceptical supports.

"Whether it is the Champions League qualifier or the SPL, the first job I have to do is to get my place in the team because we have a lot of quality strikers at the club," he said. "I want to get off the mark as early as possible because I am at a new club. In terms of worrying about scoring, it won't be like that because I have so much more to contribute than goals."

The effort and bravery that have taken him back to Ibrox will come in useful in the months ahead.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...ns_feelings.php

We'll see what people say when he recreates glory like this vs Celtic.

Think we have a live one here....

I know that was a troll post but honestly how can we really support Miller after that. His heart is obviously with whoever will pay him and worse yet he is a terrible striker. Honestly hope someone steps up to start so he just sits all year.

It'd just get removed. Even if it didn't, it would just have the same effect on the team as booing or abusing Miller would.

I had a think about this last night, and...

group a is disgusted he has signed, and, dont wat to support him in any way

group b is disgusted/disappointed he has signed, but will back him because he is a Rangers player now

I can understand both sides. I think I am on the fence, for once

Am disgusted we signed him, end of.

The thing is, about backing him purely bcause he plays for us now, well, we dont back the manager blindly just because he is do we?

The time for this conversation, in my opinion, is at the end of the season, or at least halfway through. He may be shite, as he seems to have been most of his career, then, those against will be more than justified in everything they have said, however, he may (MAY) have the season of his life and help win us the title.Who knows!

I have no respect for the guy, (apart from a grudging small amount for having the balls to come back to us) and, he has done nothing to show he is up to the job of playing for Rangers, so, I think I will nothing him, since, thats what he means to me.

I dont gree with booing players, unless they have performed shite over the course of the game, and, the banner idea would come across as juvenile, regardless of how warranted it perhaps is, and, WE are better than that!

I had a think about this last night, and...

group a is disgusted he has signed, and, dont wat to support him in any way

group b is disgusted/disappointed he has signed, but will back him because he is a Rangers player now

I can understand both sides. I think I am on the fence, for once

Am disgusted we signed him, end of.

The thing is, about backing him purely bcause he plays for us now, well, we dont back the manager blindly just because he is do we?

The time for this conversation, in my opinion, is at the end of the season, or at least halfway through. He may be shite, as he seems to have been most of his career, then, those against will be more than justified in everything they have said, however, he may (MAY) have the season of his life and help win us the title.Who knows!

I have no respect for the guy, (apart from a grudging small amount for having the balls to come back to us) and, he has done nothing to show he is up to the job of playing for Rangers, so, I think I will nothing him, since, thats what he means to me.

I dont gree with booing players, unless they have performed shite over the course of the game, and, the banner idea would come across as juvenile, regardless of how warranted it perhaps is, and, WE are better than that!

Good post (tu)

But I would be Group 'C' - disgusted that he signed, won't back him but will refrain from taking action that would have a negative impact on the team.

I want the league so badly this year that I cannot let this snivelling little twat undermine our challenge any more than his contribution on the pitch. I won't give him the excuse if/when he fails - and if we lose out on the league Walter and Co have it all to answer.

I made my feelings clear to the Club when we were linked with him, but they believe he can do a job for us and I'm willing to wait & see. I believe the signing was in good faith, I believe it was done in an attempt to win us the league (although I disagree with that judgement) so I will bide my time and bite my lip and see if he/they can prove me wrong.

That's my stand point, I can see other people's views but that's how I feel about it all.

We'll see what people say when he recreates glory like this vs Celtic.

Think we have a live one here....

I know that was a troll post but honestly how can we really support Miller after that. His heart is obviously with whoever will pay him and worse yet he is a terrible striker. Honestly hope someone steps up to start so he just sits all year.

The fact is that while there may be a few on here that support Miller, the vast majority at Ibrox will detest him for not only being an ex-Tim, but also taking the starting place of a fans favourite like Boyd or Novo.

As has been said before, the first time he misses a sitter at home, the whole stadium will come down on him.

I know people have been getting fed up with all the Miller posts, fair enough I know there have been loads, but its still an issue that some people might still want to talk about, so coopermania has agreed that this thread will stand for just now if anyone wants to :unionflag: