Alan Hutton Transfer Situation

Ace

Spurs fan here.

Looks like we could have been used to smoke out Man Utd. If not though, thinking logically, the player going the other way could be Paul Stalteri. Very under-rated RB in my opinion. Part of the Werden Bremen team that won the Bundesliga a few years ago and our number one right-back during the season we narrowly missed out on the Champions League. Haven't been able to defend since he fell behind Chimbonda but that's probably got more to do with Carrick going.

That's just me speculating though, I'm in no way in the know.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they sell berbatov and they are stuffed, altho they want £35M, i cant see them getting that

It's crazy season for the next 26 days mate, we all know that. I used to hate the transfer windows but i have changed now and actually enjoy watching the goings ons esp the last 48 hours.

yer its good, especially when you wake up in the morning and one slipped under the radar, eg, lassana diarra

One thing you can say about Bain and Murray is. First bid received, first bid accepted. That's not the way the manks or any other club do. Why do we always do it that way....

How do you know it's the 1st bid we have recieved?? to many people use any excuse to have a bash at Murray and Bain.

If there were other bids then we'd know about it. Don;t be so niave.

Speirs comments on the £2mil, Bear's 'not world class' judgment and Spurs £8mil offer being accepted show that poor Hutton is a victim of his nationality. If he was English, French or Spanish he would be a World Class £15m-£20m rated right back. No doubt.

If he was English, French or Spanish he would be playing in much tougher leagues.

I thought the reason that we had Murray Park was to nurture the countrys finest talents then have them play, if good enough, for several years as dependable members of the sqaud, thus saving the club a fortune. How wrong was I, the first decent player to come through the Murray Park system is to be punted to an average premiership team at the first chink of light from their coffers. I sincerely hope this isn't the trend to be set. Seems like we bring the players on then get rid of them when the first decent bid comes in. But is it profitable? how much would we have to spend to replace Hutton with his ability,age and a 5 year contract that the ink hasn't even dried on. I really fear for us if this trend is to continue. Barry Ferguson got his eyes opened when he went down South, I only hope he tells Hutton what he could be letting himself in for.

Spurs fan here.

Looks like we could have been used to smoke out Man Utd. If not though, thinking logically, the player going the other way could be Paul Stalteri. Very under-rated RB in my opinion. Part of the Werden Bremen team that won the Bundesliga a few years ago and our number one right-back during the season we narrowly missed out on the Champions League. Haven't been able to defend since he fell behind Chimbonda but that's probably got more to do with Carrick going.

Cheers for that mate.

Good post (tu)

One thing you can say about Bain and Murray is. First bid received, first bid accepted. That's not the way the manks or any other club do. Why do we always do it that way....

How do you know it's the 1st bid we have recieved?? to many people use any excuse to have a bash at Murray and Bain.

I 100% disagree with that.

not naive in the slightest, your just speculating when in reality you know nowt about what bids Rangers recieve!

I thought the reason that we had Murray Park was to nurture the countrys finest talents then have them play, if good enough, for several years as dependable members of the sqaud, thus saving the club a fortune. How wrong was I, the first decent player to come through the Murray Park system is to be punted to an average premiership team at the first chink of light from their coffers. I sincerely hope this isn't the trend to be set. Seems like we bring the players on then get rid of them when the first decent bid comes in. But is it profitable? how much would we have to spend to replace Hutton with his ability,age and a 5 year contract that the ink hasn't even dried on. I really fear for us if this trend is to continue. Barry Ferguson got his eyes opened when he went down South, I only hope he tells Hutton what he could be letting himself in for.

"Aye Alan, watch out for those arsehole hairdressers who wanna dye your hair gingery brown"

Speirs comments on the £2mil, Bear's 'not world class' judgment and Spurs £8mil offer being accepted show that poor Hutton is a victim of his nationality. If he was English, French or Spanish he would be a World Class £15m-£20m rated right back. No doubt.

If he was English, French or Spanish he would be playing in much tougher leagues.

absolutely correct.

SSN: Tottenham have not said anything about a deal and its all "reports in scotland". SSN do believe its a player and money, BBC says cash, too many inconsitancies

what if its cash and chimbonda?

Would rather have cash and chlamydia.

:pipehorse:

SSN: Tottenham have not said anything about a deal and its all "reports in scotland". SSN do believe its a player and money, BBC says cash, too many inconsitancies

what if its cash and chimbonda?

Would rather have cash and chlamydia.

:pipehorse:

:smiley:

Real Radio - Ewan has stated that Alan Hutton has said no to the deal.

Well thats promising.....

(ive only started on the thread and working my way through- hope to God I dont arrive at the end to find he has definitely gone :(

Who thinks we could maybe get the out-of-favour Jermain Defoe ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watched the Spurs game last night and the same thought occured to me. I know Defoe is not "world class" but then neither is Hutton. Hutton catches the eye going forward but defensively,he is not the greatest. We,re out of the CL so any new full back will be required for SPL. I think Smith/Whittaker would both be good enough to bring the league back home. Defoe certainly has pace and since our only challengers will be the scum try to imagine a strike force of Defoe/Darcheville/Novo/Naismith/Burke etc,. Not a bad second choice,is it?

Another name to play with-----------Keane. That would really stick it to the moral degenerates.

Again not top class but certainly good enough to score plenty in the SPL.

All in all,if this is true,I think 8/10m is more good to us than Hutton.

no chance u will get keane . i doubt you could afford defoes wages ! how about Ghaly ? :harhar:

A moment ago you'd never heard of Alan Hutton and now your an expert on the wage structure at Rangers. Interesting...

funny he chose Sean. Perhaps John Paul was too obvious.

Can i say that, while it would be great to retain the likes of Hutton etc it will never happen.

The lure of the English Premiership is too big, i'm sure Hutton will at least double his wages if not quadruple (remember SDM said that no Scottish player was ion more than £12k thats why we didn't sign Brown).

EVERY player has thier price, Real Madrid are supposedly lining up a bid for Ronaldo from Man Utd .... wouldn't surpirse me if we went too, every player wants to improve themselves, test themselves against the best players around, Hutton playing against Gretna isn't a test for him. ... Hutton playing against Shevchenko, Drogba, Rooney, now thats a test.

I view our youth team as a source of great players who we can get as much as we can from them while playing, then as much as we can from thw when selling.

Sell Hutton and replace him with a 30 year old donkey who can get a game in that shambles of a defence. No thanks, you can stick your £8million and Paul Stalteri up your erse (tu)

definitely the wrong time to sell him, what with hutton being cup-tied in the cl and all.

hoping we could have got a bit more for him, but i would take it.

much as i like spurs just don't think it will work out for him there.

he might be back-barry style- in a few seasons

never mind that manti see if you can get his phone number if he moves and we can tap him for athens :beer2:

Guest therabbitt
Spurs fan here.

why does it say "Moses McNeil" under your picture?? that geezer who was on the wind-up earlier??

Can i say that, while it would be great to retain the likes of Hutton etc it will never happen.

The lure of the English Premiership is too big, i'm sure Hutton will at least double his wages if not quadruple (remember SDM said that no Scottish player was ion more than £12k thats why we didn't sign Brown).

EVERY player has thier price, Real Madrid are supposedly lining up a bid for Ronaldo from Man Utd .... wouldn't surpirse me if we went too, every player wants to improve themselves, test themselves against the best players around, Hutton playing against Gretna isn't a test for him. ... Hutton playing against Shevchenko, Drogba, Rooney, now thats a test.

I view our youth team as a source of great players who we can get as much as we can from them while playing, then as much as we can from thw when selling.

Much as I love Rangers, at some stage every athlete wants to compete against the very very best. You can never reach your full potential unless you do. IMO, one reason the Scottish team was so poor in the early 2k's was that generation didn't get the chance to play regularly in school competition due to teachers strikes. Now that the new generation has come through, we see a return to better form.

However, I will still say that I'm not sure its better to be playing for a mid-table EPL side with a chance of UEFA occassionally that for us. If Man Utd are really going to come in for him, then I'd suggest Alan took that deal.