Allardyce Sacked!

Davey_RFC

bit of a shock to be honest, dont that set them back 20m to sack all his backroom staff aswell? or do u think they came to a deal with the rest and just sacked allardyce?

That's pretty shambolic. Yeah he was under pressure, but ffs they're midtable and not exactly in the relegation zone.

In saying that, I have to admit I assumed he'd make them damn good again. And tbh, he failed miserably to even improve them from mediocre.

Still not nice to see though - but you can bet your ass there will be a load of contenders to take over.

Souness anyone?

The media attention and demand for instant success didn't help him much, think he's a good, honest manager. <_<

Newcastle's biggest problem is their fans' expectations!

I think they should have gave him money this window to see how he got on? If no improvement, get rid in the summer.

Will they ever learn? :rolleyes:

He brought in nine players in the summer.

Obviously there is going to be a transitional period before any success can be achieved?

Yes, I mean it took us 4 months to turn things around here :craphead:

i'm shocked like. I thought given time he would get them going and turn it around.

But its the old fans getting a manager sacked. The problem is the newcastle fans think they deserve to be title contenders each season when it simply isnt the case.

I dont see what shearer can offer apart from local spirit, he's not a patch on Big Sam in terms of management knowledge

Even if Shearer comes in, will they give him time? If he brings in a lot of new players and they don't quite click straight away, will they want him out?

I have a bit of a soft spot for Newcastle, but they don't half make some stupid decisions. They need to get a good Manager, back him in the transfer market, and give him time for his side to work.

Are the fans too expectant, or are they underachievers? Either way, they won't progress until they find a Manager who the fans will give time. I think there is only one man for that job, unfortunately he has absolutely no managerial experience whatsoever.

This is ridiculous, you can't go through managers like that, no wonder they're getting shite results. Personally I wouldn't touch the Newcastle job with a bargepole, I'd rather go to one of smaller clubs where you've at least got some job security.